User Tag List

Page 228 of 654 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

so frustrated with my computer - desperately trying all morning, afternoon and night time to download Tori Amos Sydney Night 2 torrent from dimeadozen - kept saying not authorized etc..so I played with two firewalls, open ports, forwarded ports - instead of watching Dancing with the Stars figuring it out. I so wanted to hear Yes Anastasia with the orchestra. Finally after downgrading my utorrent tracker for version from 2014 to version from 2011 - it worked. Like wtf and the torrent took 5 mins to download.
    I need wine
    Ciel, wolfwoman and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

^at least your computer turns on.. Baby dropped my laptop this afternoon and I just keep getting a black screen with disk read error message. Press Crtl+Alt+Delete to restart. I do just that and it just brings me back to same error. And I know nothing about computers
    Ciel, anastasia1009 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    spent a hour and a half waiting at the walk in clinic today to see the doc.. for him to tell me i'm perfectly fine and just have a cold.. well i respectfully disagree.. i've had colds... this has lasted much longer then a cold(hit really bad little over a month ago, then lingered with a steady cough for weeks then back knocking me on my ass).. i feel like death warmed over... there are points in the day where i am shaking i can't hear out of my left ear most the day i'm in constant fear that when my cough hits me hard i'm going to need a desperate run to the bathroom...

all he could ask me was "well do you have allergies??" no i've been tested, "have you tried a nasal spray?" yes it did nothing for me other then leave a taste of dandelions in the back of my throat for hours! "how about a nettipot?" well tried that made me gag constantly

when i told him i've spent weeks on tylenol cold and sinus and it's come to the point where my body is rejecting the tylneol he basically said "well don't bother, tylenol is meant for fevers and at the moment you don't have one of those" not a single suggestion of anything else to take so i can do more then hack up a lung and gag on the nasal drip

i'm really considering getting a second opinion
    First should find yourself a family dr. Secondly, see another dr. in the mean time.

I had similar issue last year. Started in late September, sore throat that became a nasty cough. I've never cough so hard in my life. Went to walk in clinic bc I didn't want to wait 2-3 hours at my dr's office. Big mistake?

Walk in dr. gave over the counter cough medicine and antibiotic, when I know from past experience that I have bronchitis and I would need prescription codeine cough syrupt (sp). Bought over the counter cough med and my coughing keep getting worse, then after 1 month of hell one day I coughed so hard that I thought I burst my lung or pulled a muscle. Hurt so much that I can't breath, can hardly walk. Go the walk in clinic again as I don't want to wait for hours at emergency. First dr. saw me said I need to go to emergency right away bc he thinks I have pleurisy or pneumonia. Then another dr. take a look at me and think I have pleurisy since x-ray didn't show that I have pneumonia.

Long story short my lung hurt so much that besides the intense pain I feel like my lungs were crushed (constricted), every breath hurt and every time I cough I cried. Feel like my lungs were stabbed. All of this bc the first dr didn't want to give me codeine cough syrupt (which would have control the coughing / phlemgh and won't irritate my lungs to the point of pleurisy.)

(I guessed now I know how late state COPD patient feel)

Finaly healed in December but still hurt every time I sneezed. Completely healed in February so missed last year's flu shot.
    Momof3girlies, Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I've always wondered about that when I see the commercial for Sleep Country. They say they will take back mattresses. What do they do with them? Re-wrap then in plastic and re-sell them?
    One can only hope they steam cleaned it.
    Ciel, wolfwoman and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    First should find yourself a family dr. Secondly, see another dr. in the mean time.

I had similar issue last year. Started in late September, sore throat that became a nasty cough. I've never cough so hard in my life. Went to walk in clinic bc I didn't want to wait 2-3 hours at my dr's office. Big mistake?

Walk in dr. gave over the counter cough medicine and antibiotic, when I know from past experience that I have bronchitis and I would need prescription codeine cough syrupt (sp). Bought over the counter cough med and my coughing keep getting worse, then after 1 month of hell one day I coughed so hard that I thought I burst my lung or pulled a muscle. Hurt so much that I can't breath, can hardly walk. Go the walk in clinic again as I don't want to wait for hours at emergency. First dr. saw me said I need to go to emergency right away bc he thinks I have pleurisy or pneumonia. Then another dr. take a look at me and think I have pleurisy since x-ray didn't show that I have pneumonia.

Long story short my lung hurt so much that besides the intense pain I feel like my lungs were crushed (constricted), every breath hurt and every time I cough I cried. Feel like my lungs were stabbed. All of this bc the first dr didn't want to give me codeine cough syrupt (which would have control the coughing / phlemgh and won't irritate my lungs to the point of pleurisy.)

(I guessed now I know how late state COPD patient feel)

Finaly healed in December but still hurt every time I sneezed. Completely healed in February so missed last year's flu shot.

i wish i could get a family doc.. there is a severe shortage of doctors in this town as soon as one makes it known they are accepting patients they get a list a mile long after 1 day!.. i wish the doc would have gave me something or even suggested something to try.. he basically said "it's a cold suck it up" when it's far more then a cold a cold does not last for MONTHS! when the cough gets bad i run to the bathroom just incase i need the sink.. my eyes water from the cough i'm afraid to leave the house for more then 2 min without water (it helps the cough) basically i'm barely functioning.. i'm hiding under a blanket for most the day coughing thank goodness hubby does dishes or else we wouldn't have a clean bowl for cereal in the morning for the kidlet (i dread the afternoon pick up standing outside for 15 min waiting for the bus is just horrible)
    Ciel, Decaf and dededi like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    I just went to grab DD's snowpants out of her closet...and she has none!
    The ones that I saw and *thought* were hers, turned out to be a size 4T for DS for NEXT year. So, DS has his 2 for this year, and pair for next, and DD has none. >.<
    Doh! Don't know how I let this happen...I usually stock up very well for them.. So, going to have to buy her a pair tomorrow, poor thing will be going outside at school, again, with none...*sigh*...
    At least everyone seems to have snow pants on sale this week so you don't have to pay full price.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    At least everyone seems to have snow pants on sale this week so you don't have to pay full price.
    Well, we've been cleaning out the in-laws place (they're on vacation this week, so we're house-sitting at night lol), so we're gonna drop off all the donations and hopefully find some at the thrift store.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A friend told me that stores that carry returned mattresses sell them in a separate area or room from the retail showroom with the new mattresses.
    I just found this list of mattress tips from Reader's Digest and here's what number 1 says:
    http://www.readersdigest.ca/home-gar...tress-shopping
    1. Be Wary of Mattress Comfort Guarantees

When it comes to buying most things, money-back guarantees are typically a good thing. But do you really want a mattress that someone may have used for several weeks? Straight off the bat, you should know that major bedding manufacturers do not allow retailers to return mattresses just because they didn’t feel good. So any retailer offering you the chance to return a mattress after you’ve given it a test run is almost certainly putting returns back into inventory and selling them as new. Just the thought is enough to keep you up at night.
    Today-wind is sure blowing but at least the sunshine is flashing brightly on and off today. It's like the sun found a mirror and went woohoo-tilting the mirror for best reflections! Thanks for the vitamin D mention, torontogal12-might have to boost my own intake to perk up as well.
    @Midnightly -am wondering if something at the swim club/air (are dehumidifiers or a/cs emptied of water in their resevoirs lately) or water systems (pool chemical ph balance or is the water too high/low in something) is causing your sickness. You are around lots of other young children, which means exposure to lots of other germs. Think I'd lean towards visiting the ER to make sure your lungs really are ok and not holding onto something they shouldn't be.
    Since you are around a pool, I thought to make sure you are not having this worry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legionnaires'_disease
    I recall that water features were popular for a time in hospitals and other indoor places until it was realized that the water was usually the source for health-related outbreaks.
    @Decaf -your story is frightening in that healthcare staff did not listen to you when you went to your doctor first. Glad you managed to make it to ER after second opinion.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Nov 18th, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
    GoJays, Decaf and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, we've been cleaning out the in-laws place (they're on vacation this week, so we're house-sitting at night lol), so we're gonna drop off all the donations and hopefully find some at the thrift store.
    You're planning to get rid of your in-laws' stuffs without them knowing? I'd gather the donation stuffs in boxes and let them decide rather than accidently tossed something and never hear the end of it.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    You're planning to get rid of your in-laws' stuffs without them knowing? I'd gather the donation stuffs in boxes and let them decide rather than accidently tossed something and never hear the end of it.
    Oh no-no-no.
    The kids stay there on weekends, and have all kinds of clothes and toys and such. And by toys, I mean LOTS of toys..lots and LOTS of toys...lol. (Also, there`s still some stuff of mine and DH`s from when we lived there 5 years ago..)
    So we`re just weeding that stuff out. I already had my in-laws g through stuff last month, and we dropped off a ton of boxes. They`re slightly-hoarders lol...
    Ciel, Decaf and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've requested 2 cheques from CO 51, the first back in September. Over a month later I sent an inquiry because the cheque never arrived. They cancelled it and issued a new one on October 10th. 3 days later I got the cheque from August... I STILL haven't received my replacement cheque. I don't understand how it can take that long??!

So annoying. I don't want to send another inquiry, because knowing my luck it will show up shortly thereafter
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Wow! Am I ever getting dumped on for making an observation on-line. There is a video of a dog " tucking In" a baby. While everyone is ooooing and awwwwing, I simply said that the dog was merely caching. All dogs do thing when they bury a bone or a favorite toy. Well, everyone is saying how nasty I am and how I am a know it all and how do I know what the dog is thinking blah, blah, blah.
    Is it any wonder I like animals better than people? Any wonder why I am a hermit? People are just to mean.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Midnightly -am wondering if something at the swim club/air (are dehumidifiers or a/cs emptied of water in their resevoirs lately) or water systems (pool chemical ph balance or is the water too high/low in something) is causing your sickness. You are around lots of other young children, which means exposure to lots of other germs. Think I'd lean towards visiting the ER to make sure your lungs really are ok and not holding onto something they shouldn't be.
    Since you are around a pool, I thought to make sure you are not having this worry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legionnaires'_disease
    I recall that water features were popular for a time in hospitals and other indoor places until it was realized that the water was usually the source for health-related outbreaks.

currently i don't go in the water.. i'm just a glorified child wrangler for swim club.. but i do know swim club hasn't helped me.. it's been a high stress high frustrating thing which i have told the PAC i will not run in Jan (she tried to talk me into it again doing it a different way but honestly i'm rather jaded at the moment i'm sick i've had weeks of stress over it and even if it's streamlined i don't want to test fate or my sanity on the situation again.. i just want to wash my hands of it.. i'll sign my kid up for the classes because she loves to swim and it's good for her but other then that i'm 100% spectator)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

"the video of a dog " tucking In" a baby " Ya not so cute. I have a 32 inch RCA led t.v. that went bad on me and after a year and a half ,so freaking mad and people say throw it away !!!! I am thinking its the color wheel but what do I know eh?except I have a JVC radio and a alarm clock that are still working after 25 years should I bring it to the repair shop that's 50 miles away?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Oh no-no-no.
    The kids stay there on weekends, and have all kinds of clothes and toys and such. And by toys, I mean LOTS of toys..lots and LOTS of toys...lol. (Also, there`s still some stuff of mine and DH`s from when we lived there 5 years ago..)
    So we`re just weeding that stuff out. I already had my in-laws g through stuff last month, and we dropped off a ton of boxes. They`re slightly-hoarders lol...
    I see! It's perfect time to declutter then.

Thread Information