User Tag List

Page 261 of 654 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My friend's brother passed away very suddenly last fall. J paid for the funeral, made all the arrangements. J's brother's on-again off-again gf's sole contribution was to play a recording of herself singing a not-appropriate-for-a-funeral song during the service. She's now contesting the will (she thinks she should be sole beneficiary cause they were "common-law with separate addresses").

Sometimes I hate people.
    Lynn49, Ciel, Cata and 1 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Target. I hate you. I hope you die. That is all.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Target. I hate you. I hope you die. That is all.
    this makes me sad.. because target is closing.. my daughter's best friend might move away.. if they cannot find a jobs close to home they will move to where they can find jobs (and that can be as far as the next town over they have applied to)
    ROMEO, Ciel, anastasia1009 and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

and yet no one felt sorry for zellers employees when target took them over.. target took over the buildings, not the employees.. many people don't realize this

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Frat house next door seems to have calmed down. Once in a while we hear them scream at the Tv (I'm guessing it's video games) but it isn't unbearable. Frat house upstairs however...they had a party last night and I'm pretty sure they somehow managed to throw something at our window at 3 a.m. I heard a really loud bang against our window and screaming. I actually thought someone had fallen onto our balcony. How do these idiots afford rent in our building? I'm guessing daddy. If it wasn't - a million degrees outside I would've gone out to look at what floor they're on so I could call the cops
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 11:03 AM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, Decaf and 3 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

All the fast passes for Elsa and Anna are taken. They just opened for guests not staying at Disney resorts and they are all gone. Boooooo! Looks like we're wasting time in a ridiculously long time. Really wanted fast pass for this ONE attraction. gah!
    ROMEO, Ciel, thriftygranny and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Windows 8.1 is a pain in the arse. I upgraded my windows 8 computer to 8.1. Nothing but issues! Buggy, some of the drivers were not working or acting up etc. Tried updating the drivers though the computer manufacturing site. It didn't help much. Last night I did a restore to Windows 8. Taken hours, still working at it. I'll never update windows 8 to 8.1 again!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Target has the bad reputation for out of stock stuff but every single time I go to Superstore I get this nonsense!

One time, no raspberries in the entire store. Now limes and a few other things on my list.

Now I have to get the missing stuff at a different store...which defeats the whole purpose of driving 1 hour return trip to Superstore to get the one stop shop. I hate that place. Also, the stock boy was sneezing straight into his hands and then handling produce!
    Ciel, Lyssia510, Kwala and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@GoJays -it's always the new owner's call on whether to take on existing staff and payroll obligations/senority or start afresh. Smaller businesses are more likely to need to retain existing staff if the businesses have specialty skills or services involved>no need to retrain the whole team.

I do not know if HBC covered all of the Zellers employees' pays/severances or just had them work out their notice periods in lieu of severance money. Smaller stores probably had a harder time with employees worrying about how to replace their pays with new work and not leave stores before the designated dates.
    toronto166 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@torontogal12 -maybe the Superstore managers are limiting how often they place produce restock orders? To keep costs down. Pity there isn't a local SCer who can alert you when the restock is in the store!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @torontogal12 -maybe the Superstore managers are limiting how often they place produce restock orders? To keep costs down. Pity there isn't a local SCer who can alert you when the restock is in the store!
    I hate Superstore and Loblaws is the same. I can get much more pleasant experiences from Longo's, Metro, Sobeys or Freshco, much closer to my neighbourhood. I try to only go to Superstore when I have ZERO groceries (we just came back from vacation). I hate the long trip, the non-stock, the jumbo packs, high prices, the non-function of the PC Plus program, the crowds.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 07:58 PM.
    Ciel, Candini, Lyssia510 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Windows 8.1 is a pain in the arse. I upgraded my windows 8 computer to 8.1. Nothing but issues! Buggy, some of the drivers were not working or acting up etc. Tried updating the drivers though the computer manufacturing site. It didn't help much. Last night I did a restore to Windows 8. Taken hours, still working at it. I'll never update windows 8 to 8.1 again!
    Ive heard nothing but horrible things about 8 and 8.1. Only reason they upgraded to 8.1 was because they misplaced the start menu? lol keeping 7 prof forever
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I bought a new computer, I had to download Start Menu 8 straightaway. I dislike Windows 8, so this program makes it act like Windows 7
    Ciel, toban, Decaf and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i guess that's one way for the kid to get me to cut the watermelon... drop it on the floor! grumble grumble
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

there ws a tv show on after the play-off match and I have absolutely no idea wht it was about as there was a very loud looped laugh -track obscuring most of the dialogue.

It seemed to involve a dark-haired and a bonde-haired lady talking about cup-cakes and some men...
    abbasgirl and Ciel like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Thread Information