User Tag List

Page 374 of 654 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364 372 373 374 375 376 384 424 474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thankfully my daughter's school is super logical about allergies. The entire school has a "no nuts" rule, but other allergens are fine as long as no kids in that class have an allergy. There's one kid in her grade that is touch-allergic to sesame, so whenever my kid is in the same class as him, she can't bring any sesame products (which means no hummus, and no seaweed snack - much to her chagrin). But she can bring dairy, gluten, snack foods (including chocolate), etc. Once a week the school has a "trashless lunch" (I think that's what they call it) where the goal is to have no trash in the garbages at the school from lunches, so if a kid brings food in a disposable package, it gets sent back home. But other than that, the garbage goes in the garbage at school.

Though usually, she brings foods and snacks in reusable containers anyways, since we're slight eco-nuts in this corner.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Well, I spoke to the teacher, and she said it came form the office, and she was surprised and double-checked, too.
    Went to the office.....it's a school-board rule!!! The office lady said if DD stops eating, then to pack her something with WOW Butter, anyway, and let her teacher now, and she'll just have to have lunch in the office.....*sigh*...
    The only reason they banned it, is because it LOOKS like PB (isn't that kinda the point...?).

Soooo ridiculous nowadays. I'm allergic to fish. I still make it for my family (I just wear gloves). I'm slightly lactose-intolerant (as are both the kids), we can only have a slight amount before vomiting. And DD is not a big fan of meat (she'll eat it, but rarely) and I was also a vegetarian until 16. Do I expect fish, milk-products and meat to be banned? Nope!
    I can understand nuts. That can be deadly for a child, but this is just beyond crazy... Pretty soon, there will be NOTHING left for a child to eat. I'm going to have to make sure I'm home everyday at lunch time, and walk the 20 minutes to get them each day....

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

So angry with my PC Plus cards...

One card has; 200 points per $1 on fresh meat

The other has; 200 points per romaine lettuce head
    AND...200 points per PC pop (2L) + 100 points in store

First works out to about 2,000 points (About $10 on meat i'm gonna get)
    The other works out to about 1,100 points

I wanna earn all the points possible, but don't know what cashiers will think of this.
    I don't wanna get into any trouble with them and possibly lose a card!

ALSO... Got an offer on Crest toothpaste, 800 points per $4 and I thought it would be a good deal to combine it with the 1,000 points per $4 on Prohealth/3D white... BUT the 800/$4 stipulates NOT valid on Prohealth AND 3D white. Ticked me right off!!
    Last edited by johnb56789; Mon, Sep 14th, 2015 at 10:45 PM.
    macw1960, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I don't understand what the problem is? Just tell them it's a separate transaction and hand them the different card for each transaction. The cashier will never know
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    So angry with my PC Plus cards...

One card has; 200 points per $1 on fresh meat

The other has; 200 points per romaine lettuce head
    AND...200 points per PC pop (2L) + 100 points in store

First works out to about 2,000 points (About $10 on meat i'm gonna get)
    The other works out to about 1,100 points

I wanna earn all the points possible, but don't know what cashiers will think of this.
    I don't wanna get into any trouble with them and possibly lose a card!

ALSO... Got an offer on Crest toothpaste, 800 points per $4 and I thought it would be a good deal to combine it with the 1,000 points per $4 on Prohealth/3D white... BUT the 800/$4 stipulates NOT valid on Prohealth AND 3D white. Ticked me right off!!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Decided to do some fall cleaning today, swept/mopped my balcony, cleared off some items... OUT OF ALL DAYS, AN HOUR AFTER I FINISH, my obnoxious neighbor above me decides to dump a titanic amount of water over the balcony, spilling on to mine.

Why are rules not the same as apartments to condos? These people are obscene, they don`t give a sh*t and they don`t care about anyone else.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 01:19 PM.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

They're pretty stupid. They dumped cooking oil before and it stained the ground and railing of my balcony. Property manager charged cleanup fees back to them.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Decided to do some fall cleaning today, swept/mopped my balcony, cleared off some items... OUT OF ALL DAYS, AN HOUR AFTER I FINISH, my obnoxious neighbor above me decides to dump a titanic amount of water over the balcony, spilling on to mine.

Why are rules not the same as apartments to condos? These people are obscene, they don`t give a sh*t and they don`t care about anyone else.
    i think sometimes the rules are different because they are owners.. and usually owners take more responsibility over their investment.. and ofcourse there are things that you can do in condos that you can't do in apartments (like paint the walls) often the rules are set up by through the strata council and its them that have to enforce the rules and i've found some strata councils are very lax (ours for example) and some are very very strict by the book and to the letter

though i fully agree with you there are some things that should be hard and fast rules for any sort of communal living situation (apartments, condos, townhouses duplexes...) especially when there are shared common areas respecting the building, the grounds, the laundry rooms (i was ranting just a week ago about someone bleaching in the communal machine and it ruined a good quarter of my load, and the asshat above me loves to toss his cigs off his patio.. i've found ashes in my plants!)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

That happened to my laundry before too, not to that extent but various garments have smidgens of bleach stains
    The people also flick their butts and land on my floor...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^^^There is a condo a block away from where I work and 3 of my co-workers live there. Approximately a month ago, a smoker flicked his cigarette over his balcony and without his knowledge it landed on the balcony below his unit. It landed on their patio/balcony furniture. It went up in flames!! Because it was hot that night, the owner's decided to sleep with their sliding door open. The fire went from the balcony to the drapes inside their unit. One unit was destroyed and the balcony was destroyed on their neighbour's unit. I guess people would never think that their cigarette would land on someone's balcony before tossing it. Scary.
    Last edited by toronto166; Wed, Sep 16th, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

OMG!!! I am so sick to my stomach!!! I went to my dentist and he asked what the **** I did to my teeth. And he asked if I had any new medications, which I did and if I was using whitening strips, which I was. Well 8 FREAKING fillings later........!!!! No more whitening strips for me! I don't think my face will be UN-frozen until tomorrow. And my bank account is in shock as well. So depressed
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    OMG!!! I am so sick to my stomach!!! I went to my dentist and he asked what the **** I did to my teeth. And he asked if I had any new medications, which I did and if I was using whitening strips, which I was. Well 8 FREAKING fillings later........!!!! No more whitening strips for me! I don't think my face will be UN-frozen until tomorrow. And my bank account is in shock as well. So depressed
    Pmed you.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

omg!!! I am so sick to my stomach!!! I went to my dentist and he asked what the **** i did to my teeth. And he asked if i had any new medications, which i did and if i was using whitening strips, which i was. Well 8 freaking fillings later........!!!! No more whitening strips for me! I don't think my face will be un-frozen until tomorrow. And my bank account is in shock as well. So depressed

ouch.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

This is me last July and August. I had 6 fillings done in 2 separate appointments because every appointment took over 2 hours. It did a huge number on me for depression. I scrambled around trying to figure out what caused it and realized it was my Prednisone. I started it on March 27th and in that short time, cavities have done a HUGE number on my teeth roots. Even my dentist was all baffled because cavities on teeth roots are so rare.

So now, I brush my teeth like a crazy person every time I eat. I also have to use a toothpaste with high fluoride in it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 01:20 PM.

Thread Information