User Tag List

Page 394 of 654 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Chapters is just so, so awful.

I received this gift card (purchased in store) a year ago and used it online. Returned the item soon after (wanted to exchange, but they don't allow exchanges on stuff purchased online). Instead, they sent the refund to my online account, refused to give me a plastic gift card to use in the store. So this credit has been sitting online in my account since last Christmas and I have to pay cash for stuff I buy in the store.

I went to finally get rid of this online credit today. Only after I place the order, it tells me that I will receive the item after 2 weeks. It's a gift and that's just too late. I go to cancel the order. It tells me they will let me know within FIVE business days if they were successfully able to cancel the order.

WHAT?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Oct 13th, 2015 at 09:55 AM.
    Ciel, Decaf, Candini and 2 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 01:12 PM.
    Ciel, Candini, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I stopped using them after they said I had to call their call centre to reset my password. Honestly, I can't do this automatically online? It's been years.
    I had sworn off them for years (so expensive! Crappy service! Stuck in 1998!) but I was given this darn gift card. I truly despise gift cards. I have a drawer full of like $200 worth of gift cards to stores I have never set foot in and never will. Just waiting for the appropriate regifting time.

Shame on me for actually trying to use one
    Ciel, lecale, Candini and 3 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ i hear ya my friend. I hate gift cards as well...why don't people just give cash instead of the card.
    Ciel, saveadollardiva and dededi like this.
    I'm a professional grinder.....40/30 Orange tab low centre of gravity grit grinding machine...In my wrangler blue jeans

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I had sworn off them for years (so expensive! Crappy service! Stuck in 1998!) but I was given this darn gift card. I truly despise gift cards. I have a drawer full of like $200 worth of gift cards to stores I have never set foot in and never will. Just waiting for the appropriate regifting time.

Shame on me for actually trying to use one
    Why not sell or trade them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

+1

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post

Candini, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post

I've tried. Nobody wants them or it turns into a kijiji-type transaction that sucks my time . Sitting in drawer until regift opportunity is less stressful option

This wouldn't even happen if chapters just made their cards actually useable

I ordered a custom made book that was shipped the next daY, but a national chain with warehouses everywhere for a mass printed book takes 2 weeks?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Oct 13th, 2015 at 03:53 PM.
    saundyl, Ciel, Candini and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Why not trade here? People are pretty reasonable for gcs, could get grocery, gas or SDM points. Maybe even e transfer if you play your cards right

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Cash or gift cards is fair game, would rather those than something useless sitting in my house.

Its thoughtless. But useful

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I've tried. Nobody wants them or it turns into a kijiji-type transaction that sucks my time . Sitting in drawer until regift opportunity is less stressful option
    i know the feeling.. i have a $50 giftcard to colour me mine that i can't use.. the local place closed down within months of getting the card and the company is absolutely useless.. sure it can be used at another location.... if there was another location i could get to.. but that won't happen any time soon (and it's one of those places you make something then have to come back a week later to pick it up.. so not an option of something to do "on a holiday" ) but i refuse to toss it out.. it makes me feel like the company is winning if i do that (they will be up $50)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

damn you evil sports coverage... i turn on the flash and what is it?! baseball evil baseball.. with a ticker running below that the show will air in it's entirety after the "special programming" gee that really helps when you PVR it... and even worse it's not just the game going into over time it's just random people talking to fans and the crowds leave the stadium.. really that is not needed when your screwing around with regularly scheduled programming.. this is why i hate sports...
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Argggg!!!! I just found out that airmiles has stopped letting us use airmiles to pay for magazine subscriptions. I have been doing this for my mother for years and she really enjoyed all the magazines. Now what...
    Ciel, Poirot, seylz_gurl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Most people
    Longos food prices
    Struggling to run to the elevator with an armful of groceries yelling CAN YOU HOLD THE DOOR and being stared at as the door slowly closes
    People who strike up conversation and instantly you know everything they just said is pure lies and made up
    Natalka, Ciel, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Most people
    Longos food prices
    Struggling to run to the elevator with an armful of groceries yelling CAN YOU HOLD THE DOOR and being stared at as the door slowly closes
    People who strike up conversation and instantly you know everything they just said is pure lies and made up
    You get me. It's like you live in our building

Longo's is so pricey (at least it's good quality. Pristine produce). The Sobeys by us closed so now it's the closest $tore.

I call the elevator people jerks. Most of the time it's in my head but sometimes it slips out and is to their face. Which is only fair since they shut the door in my face.
    Ciel, Candini, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    All people
    fixed that for you
    Ciel, GoJays, seylz_gurl and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Thread Information