User Tag List

Page 432 of 654 FirstFirst ... 332 382 422 430 431 432 433 434 442 482 532 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Lyssia510 -probably because there are donors who stuff donation boxes clearly marked clothing only with non clothing items and what not. Saw this scene at the intersection full of toys and one donation box door wedged open with a toy.
    You may find out if a community group or homeless place would welcome your donations. Fingers crossed...

Agree on the food donation box locations needing to be by checkouts or an entrance/lobby for visibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    that sucks! there's no random set ups to drop things off, they should make it easy for people to donate, and the drop box for foodstuffs should be by the cash registers...so people can drop things in as they are leaving the store.. i always wonder about stores that bury the box in an obscure place
    The thing that really bugs me is that it's all over the radio/news that these organizations need toys/food etc and yet they do not make it easy to donate. How hard would it be to have a few shopping carts at the enterance/exits of grocery stores/Walmarts with signs saying "Food/Toy/Personal donations". I bet they'd get more donations if people didn't have to hunt these things down.
    Crochetlady, Ciel, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Winning the spin the wheel and I won a cookbook/gluten free guide then putting away in a open top bag and it's raining by the time it was wet beyond wet very bad day
    Ciel, DaveP, GatineauGirl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Why is so hard to donate stuff?
    I wanted to donate some new toys to a toy drive, the closest toy drive to me is about a 45 min away due to construction and there's nowhere else taking toys. But there's a bin in the mall five minutes away taking used stuffed animals to hand out to kids at Christmas.
    I had some diapers, pull ups and wipes(sealed bags from the big boxes)that we no longer need. Called the local women/children's shelter and they wouldn't take them because they weren't still in the sealed box. I understand not taking them if they were opened but they're still in sealed plastic bags!
    And don't get me started on how long it took me to find a food bank box at the grocery store yesterday, had to ask an employee and it was by the bathrooms(cus you know the first place I'd look for a food bank box is by the bathrooms). Should these things not be by the front doors or checkouts so people can actually find them?
    Locally there are no food bank boxes in the stores. Our toy drive goes door to door on a Saturday a couple weeks before Christmas otherwise people can drop off new toys at the rcmp.

I think being from a smaller town its easier to find placesthat take donations the thrift store is run by our local church and the women's shelter is more than willingto accept things.

Scarily enough...larger centers people seem so suspicious of intentio

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Dec 6th, 2015 at 01:46 AM.
    Crochetlady, Ciel, DaveP and 6 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Same thing here, I don't approve of Big Brothers and value village and I rather donate these to a homeless shelter
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

People who drive so close behind you that their head-lights dazzle you..
    Crochetlady, Ciel, Candini and 6 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Why is so hard to donate stuff?
    I wanted to donate some new toys to a toy drive, the closest toy drive to me is about a 45 min away due to construction and there's nowhere else taking toys. But there's a bin in the mall five minutes away taking used stuffed animals to hand out to kids at Christmas.
    I had some diapers, pull ups and wipes(sealed bags from the big boxes)that we no longer need. Called the local women/children's shelter and they wouldn't take them because they weren't still in the sealed box. I understand not taking them if they were opened but they're still in sealed plastic bags!
    And don't get me started on how long it took me to find a food bank box at the grocery store yesterday, had to ask an employee and it was by the bathrooms(cus you know the first place I'd look for a food bank box is by the bathrooms). Should these things not be by the front doors or checkouts so people can actually find them?
    I donate toys to our Child and Family services location. They will gratefully take new toys. Our local one also has a teen mom program, and will take open packages of diapers/pull ups etc. May be worth contacting yours and seeing if they can use the items.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkyts View Post
    I donate toys to our Child and Family services location. They will gratefully take new toys. Our local one also has a teen mom program, and will take open packages of diapers/pull ups etc. May be worth contacting yours and seeing if they can use the items.
    Thanks! I'll try contacting ours and see if they'll take the diapers.
    I did find a home for the toys and some of the canned goods. My brothers gf knows of family through her work that could use some help this Christmas, so I'm going to have her give them what I was going to donate.
    Ciel, toronto166, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    People who drive so close behind you that their head-lights dazzle you..
    Especially those with xenon headlights. I'm sure they're great for the driver but they're a pain in the ass for everyone else.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCouponSaver78 View Post
    Same thing here, I don't approve of Big Brothers and value village and I rather donate these to a homeless shelter
    i don't approve of big brothers also, because they sell it by the pound to value village, and they won't stop frickin calling me, i've asked them to stop calling ages ago... but every few months.. they call again "wanting to let you know we'll have a truck in your area if you have anything to donate"
    Ciel, toronto166, dededi and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The thing that really bugs me is that it's all over the radio/news that these organizations need toys/food etc and yet they do not make it easy to donate. How hard would it be to have a few shopping carts at the enterance/exits of grocery stores/Walmarts with signs saying "Food/Toy/Personal donations". I bet they'd get more donations if people didn't have to hunt these things down.
    yes! It's very difficult to donate toiletries. We have a food donation box in our building lobby (amazing. Makes it so easy). But it specifically lists exactly what they want. Very picky. Tuna in water, but not oil. Come on! There's people who love tuna in oil (I'm one of them). Bin doesn't list toiletries. Don't people who are facing difficult times need toiletries too?
    Crochetlady, Ciel, DaveP and 4 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    yes! It's very difficult to donate toiletries. We have a food donation box in our building lobby (amazing. Makes it so easy). But it specifically lists exactly what they want. Very picky. Tuna in water, but not oil. Come on! There's people who love tuna in oil (I'm one of them). Bin doesn't list toiletries. Don't people who are facing difficult times need toiletries too?
    You would think they'd take whatever was donated that was sealed and not mouthwash.
    Our woman's/children's shelter that I called about taking the diapers had a big notice that they "desperately" need coats but they HAD to be brand new. OK I get it would be nice to give out new coats however if you need them that badly why would you not take anything warm in good condition/somewhat in style that was donated, than wait for new coats to arrive?
    The also "desperately" need toiletries but they have to be full sized, no samples. Sure full size lasts longer but again if this is a big need, wouldn't something be better than nothing?
    Last edited by Lyssia510; Mon, Dec 7th, 2015 at 09:42 AM.
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 8 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You would think they'd take whatever was donated that was sealed and not mouthwash.
    Our woman's/children's shelter that I called about taking the diapers had a big notice that they "desperately" need coats but they HAD to be brand new. OK I get it would be nice to give out new coats however if you need them that badly why would you not take anything warm in good condition/somewhat in style that was donated, than wait for new coats to arrive?
    The also "desperately" need toiletries but they have to be full sized, no samples. Sure full size lasts longer but again if this is a big need, wouldn't something be better than nothing?
    yes I see that no sample size thing a lot. I don't understand why. Are samples not good enough? I use samples all the time. Like the tuna in oil, I feel like if something is good enough for me to use, why are they telling me it isn't good enough for someone else to use?

That's weird about the coats. If the need is so desperate what are the women supposed to wear in the meantime while they wait for new coats (if those every come)?

I find it difficult to donate to women's shelters, period. I know it's a safety issue, but there's gotta be a way to keep donation bins in a public place/get an intermediary to pick stuff up or be a decoy
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Dec 7th, 2015 at 09:53 AM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, DaveP and 6 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is nuts. Sheesh!
    Ciel, DaveP, wolfwoman and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Especially those with xenon headlights. I'm sure they're great for the driver but they're a pain in the ass for everyone else.
    As a pedestrian, I'd like all the engineers who created the xenon headlights to join me walking on my street at dark or on a main road that is not well lit at say 8pm. If they wear eyewear like me, they'll get the point of the overly reaching lights.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So after buying a couple of items at my local Shoppers yesterday, I look at the receipt. New corporation name at the top. Yet 5 days ago, it was the other name that was around for about 2 years. My point:ownership seems to change within 2 years at this location. Not sure why.
    toronto166, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information