User Tag List

Page 434 of 654 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 432 433 434 435 436 444 484 534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Why is so hard to donate stuff?
    I wanted to donate some new toys to a toy drive, the closest toy drive to me is about a 45 min away due to construction and there's nowhere else taking toys. But there's a bin in the mall five minutes away taking used stuffed animals to hand out to kids at Christmas.
    I had some diapers, pull ups and wipes(sealed bags from the big boxes)that we no longer need. Called the local women/children's shelter and they wouldn't take them because they weren't still in the sealed box. I understand not taking them if they were opened but they're still in sealed plastic bags!
    And don't get me started on how long it took me to find a food bank box at the grocery store yesterday, had to ask an employee and it was by the bathrooms(cus you know the first place I'd look for a food bank box is by the bathrooms). Should these things not be by the front doors or checkouts so people can actually find them?
    yup..i hear ya.
    after my mum died we tried to donate her sofa (new cushions) to salvation army..they refused b/c the cushions did not match. the top ones were floral red, the bottom was solid red...*sheesh*
    last week i noticed the library had 2 big boxes for donations, so i donated an old MP3 player, 2 watches, some jewelery, clothes, kids small toys & personal items. ;-)
    & friday i am having st vincent de paul picking up some clothing/blankets & winter coats . It feels good to give & to de-clutter at the same time. maybe call your library & see if they have a donation box?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    yup..i hear ya.
    after my mum died we tried to donate her sofa (new cushions) to salvation army..they refused b/c the cushions did not match. the top ones were floral red, the bottom was solid red...*sheesh*
    last week i noticed the library had 2 big boxes for donations, so i donated an old MP3 player, 2 watches, some jewelery, clothes, kids small toys & personal items. ;-)
    & friday i am having st vincent de paul picking up some clothing/blankets & winter coats . It feels good to give & to de-clutter at the same time. maybe call your library & see if they have a donation box?
    Our library does but it's for new books.
    I did find out from chatting with the lady running the Salvation Army that they'll take pretty much anything opened or not(food and beverages do need to be sealed) if you you drop it off at the headquarters. It's fairly close to me(only 25 mins with all the construction, normally it would take 7) so I'll probably get a pile going and start donating just for them.
    She also told me they take used coats and donate them to the various shelters around here including the woman's shelter that said they only wanted new ones.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Multiple rants

Lise Watier is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Found out my sil already had the palette I ordered her from the flash sale, so I spent two weeks trying to get someone to answer emails, facebook messages or phone calls to cancel my order. Nope couldn't get ahold of anyone until the order shipped. Then they try to tell me you cannot cancel orders, even though their website states if you need to cancel an order to call as soon as possible(which I did, placed the order on a saturday, starting calling them at 8:30 Monday morning as they aren't open weekends). THEN they try to tell me I didn't call soon enough, wtf how is the first business day your open not soon enough? Long story short, they agreed to let me send it back for a refund. Well they've had my return for a week, no refund and they aren't answering the phone or responding to emails/fb messages. Had to escalate with my credit card company, and wait for them to chase them down. I don't get how a national company can be this incompetent. They have ONE person answering emails/facebook and THREE people answering the phones(and by the posts on FB I am not the only one having issues like this).

Placed a Shutterfly order on Nov 19th using pampers points, could only use one code per order so I had to place three seperate orders. All 3 were shipped on Nov 21st, one arrived last week, the other two haven't shown up. According to my order history today was the latest day they should arrive. Email Shutterfly, they tell me the latest I'll receive my order is Dec 14th and to contact them if they haven't arrived by then. These are supposed to be Xmas presents and there's no way if I reorder them on the 14th they'll be here for Xmas. Plus since I've already received one out of the 3, I doubt the other two are magically going to appear in a week.

I bought my sil and bil xmas presents and yesterday she messages me about what to get the kids for xmas and requests gift cards to a certian store. I don't have the receipt for her present, so I can't return it and bil's present is in transit and probably won't even be here when we see them Sunday(we've always done xmas with them after xmas so I figured I had lots of time for it to arrive. They decided to come over Sunday last night). Ugh I don't know if I should get the stupid gift cards(which I hate giving in the first place) and suck up that I wasted $40 bucks on something I have no use for and don't know anyone else who would use it or just give her what I already got her, and put a picture of what I got bil in a box if it doesn't arrive and hope it's the thought that counts.
    Ciel, macw1960, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

trying to figure out the political correctness of christmas cards.. and googling mailing addresses (and not fully trusting google/white pages)

now i know why i don't send them out!
    Ciel, macw1960, Candini and 2 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    trying to figure out the political correctness of christmas cards.. and googling mailing addresses (and not fully trusting google/white pages)

now i know why i don't send them out!
    I give everyone the same cards, I don't worry about offending anyone with political correctness LOL. If someone wants to get offended over a card then they can bite me
    saundyl, Natalka, Ciel and 8 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Lyssia, they ship from the US right? They may show, customs held part of my last us package for 2 weeks "for customs inspection" but let the first part with nail polish through no issues which should have been the part held/sent back
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I give everyone the same cards, I don't worry about offending anyone with political correctness LOL. If someone wants to get offended over a card then they can bite me
    THIS!! If I go to the trouble to filling out a Christmas card, addressing the envelope, and mailing it, that person better damn well appreciate the thought rather than get offended by it!
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Lyssia, they ship from the US right? They may show, customs held part of my last us package for 2 weeks "for customs inspection" but let the first part with nail polish through no issues which should have been the part held/sent back
    Shutterfly does, but they're just photo books, so I'm not sure what there would be to inspect.
    I think I'm going to switch to doing these orders through photolab.ca. Shutterfly ends up being cheaper with all their promo codes, but this is the third year in a row they've either screwed up my order(last year they didn't even print half the pictures on my calendars), or things haven't shown up.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Usually it is the customs value, a few SCers have complained about the duties on them recently
    Ciel, macw1960, Lyssia510 and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Finding out somebody in Nigeria went wild with your credit card, nearly 6k later....
    fml

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Finding out somebody in Nigeria went wild with your credit card, nearly 6k later....
    fml
    Whoa
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

In comparision, my putting a bank passbook and card through the laundry wash and dry cycles when I washed my coat seems like nothing (I forgot to check the inside pocket). My card works but the passbook will be a souvenir of the drying power of water to reshape paper.
    GoJays, walkonby, Decaf and 4 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

fml
    OMG that's terrible!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

fml

How Candini? A few days ago i was trying to pay my telus bill online and it was not going through. We thought there was a mistake in our telus account or whatever... but long story short we couldnt pay our telus bill online.
    later that night we (tried to) use our card at timmies. Didnt go through. We called PCF and found out that our card has been locked because of some fraudulent activity. (That's why we were unable to pay our telus bill).

Now i dont remember which country was it where fraudsters were trying to use my card but good thing is that bank's system caught it right away and all the fraudulent transactions were declined aur card was cancelled right away.

And it has happened to me a couple more times. But fraudsters were never able to successfully use the card.

Did you talk to your bank? Are they going to reimburse the money to you? What did they say?
    Ciel, Decaf, Candini and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post

it's not just the message within the card (i try to avoid anything that has a religious undertone in general especially since kidlet usually does cards for the kids in her class), it's also who exactly do you address the card to (the names of the people, the "smith" Family), then on the inside can you get away with writing adults names "and family" or just "the smith" family..... or everyone's names, then there's the in spelling of the names! with the popularity of making a name original theres 4 different ways to spell Brandon, and that doesn't even consider the different names... lets just say i probably spent an hour last night trolling facebook to get name spellings (had to figure out the real/full spelling of a kid's name, they always put the shortened version.. i finally found the full spelling on a 2011 post!) i'm not even considering my niece, she's a teenager and i still don't know how to spell her name correctly (in writing she was always referred to her by her nickname but in speaking they call her by her real name-though as you can tell we're not all that close and the name itself isn't a common name but you can spell it a handful of different ways) fortunately i don't have to send them a card (to be honest we haven't heard from them in more then a year and even before that it was minimal)

and ofcourse.. lets not forget the addresses themselves... i don't have an address book for the family...so i've been looking up all the addresses on white pages then you gotta figure out if the info is correct or outdated, and working with the few i have taped up inside my cupboard (when someone sends me something with a return address, if it's a notable address i keep the return address and tape it up inside my cupboard for safe keeping.. or else i'll lose it lol), most these people are family that i see over the summer or family friends which wouldn't be an issue if we lived in the same town but we don't (i used to just send the cards to my mom's and she would see all of them over christmas but she no longer lives up there)

i don't think i'm doing christmas cards next year lol
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information