User Tag List

Page 536 of 654 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 586 636 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I hate this especially since in our town we no longer have Food Bank Donation bins but instead they sell pre packaged Food Bank bags which the store makes money off of. I am not sure if it is still the same but a couple of years ago it was discovered (I hope I get the numbers right) that the $15 bag actually only has $9 worth of product in the bag so the store is making $6 per bag (the store defended it saying this covered the cost for employees to collect products from around the store and package them up) and the $9 is based on cost off the shelf so they are again making money there.

Also a became quite turned off when I found out how much of the money you donate in cash actually goes to the charity. They say (depends on the store and the charity) but in most cases for every $1 you donate only at max $0.30 goes to the charity after processing and administrative costs are paid. I cannot remember there was a nature disaster a few years ago in the States and many stores here were collecting for the Red Cross but it turned out for every $1 you donated only $0.05 would go to those in need the rest was covering processing and administrative costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Getting annoyed with being asked to donate food/money to charity everywhere I go and getting dirty looks when I say no. Or having the cashier say "It's only xx" trying to make you feel bad for not donating. Maybe I've already donated a bunch of stuff on my own, maybe I've donated to other stores today, or maybe I can't afford to donate anything at all. It's none of your business and you shouldn't try to make people feel bad for declining to donate.

*For the record, I'm not a scroge, we donate to the foodbank throughout the year, do backpacks, school supplies in September, always donate toys, hats, mitts, coats and boots I buy in the offseason at Christmas, I just don't like being put on the spot and made to feel bad because I decline to purchase a 0.40 pack of no name Mr. Noodles for the food bank, or give a dollar to the foodbank at the grocery store when I probably have $5-10 worth of food/essentials in my cart that's going to straight to the food bank donation bin*
    At Michael's Head Office tracks every sale a cashier rings through and if an email address is given. They have to stay above a certain percentage or they get written up

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i know the feeling, i am getting tired of being constantly asked for things.. i just want to pay and get out of the store.. i once had a cashier ask me to donate, i politely declined and they charged me anyways!.. and it made me look like the snippy one when i asked them to refund the charge.. don't charge me for things i said no to!

along the same lines i'm getting fed up with Michael's asking for my email address, and when you say "no thanks you've gotten it a dozen times already" or "i've given it to you 3x this week" they get beyond pushy and insistent.. almost makes me wonder if they get anything for collecting these email addresses or have to hit a certain quota.. it drives me crazy they can't seem to take no for an answer
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

That would be the sunny day someone tried to guilt me into donating at a register or give me lip if they charged me after I said no about refunding the money. I would blast the store on that one for sure as I equate that to stealing and if the store doesn't tolerate shoplifters (nor should they) why should I accept the store "lifting" my money. I know I donate to causes dear to me and in my way when I can and want and quite frankly don't give a rats patootie what some cashier or million $ revenue generating store thinks... and IMO neither should anyone else especially because those stores will be using my donated money to get their chariable tax credits from the government. If its my money I'll donate it and get my own tax credit thank you very much.
    barbis9, Ciel, GoJays and 3 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I hate this especially since in our town we no longer have Food Bank Donation bins but instead they sell pre packaged Food Bank bags which the store makes money off of. I am not sure if it is still the same but a couple of years ago it was discovered (I hope I get the numbers right) that the $15 bag actually only has $9 worth of product in the bag so the store is making $6 per bag (the store defended it saying this covered the cost for employees to collect products from around the store and package them up) and the $9 is based on cost off the shelf so they are again making money there.
    Completely agree with this!!!!! I want to help out food banks by donating, but to heck if I'm gonna buy one of there "pre-made donation bags", I'm almost sure that they make money off of all the bags. That's why I did my own donation this year and helped out the food bank that way instead of just getting one of those donation bags. And also agree with the how much of a dollar is actually being donated. I was looking into starting up a sort of charity if it isn't overly difficult to accomplish and would strive to try to make the entire $1 go to donations mainly through couponing so there is little to no admin fees attached to the donation.
    barbis9, Ciel, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Getting annoyed with being asked to donate food/money to charity everywhere I go and getting dirty looks when I say no. Or having the cashier say "It's only xx" trying to make you feel bad for not donating. Maybe I've already donated a bunch of stuff on my own, maybe I've donated to other stores today, or maybe I can't afford to donate anything at all. It's none of your business and you shouldn't try to make people feel bad for declining to donate.

*For the record, I'm not a scroge, we donate to the foodbank throughout the year, do backpacks, school supplies in September, always donate toys, hats, mitts, coats and boots I buy in the offseason at Christmas, I just don't like being put on the spot and made to feel bad because I decline to purchase a 0.40 pack of no name Mr. Noodles for the food bank, or give a dollar to the foodbank at the grocery store when I probably have $5-10 worth of food/essentials in my cart that's going to straight to the food bank donation bin*

Funny, all the years I declined I would get irritated by cashiers if I was given a dirty look/speech.

This year at work we took donations for Sick Kids and had free food/drinks out. People would take food and then when cashing out would decline to donate, even though the table clearly advertised, marked with balloons and brochures as to why there was food in the first place.

(I also got irritated in general just because it's sickkids and I can`t watch a commercial without getting weepy tbh.)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

Also a became quite turned off when I found out how much of the money you donate in cash actually goes to the charity. They say (depends on the store and the charity) but in most cases for every $1 you donate only at max $0.30 goes to the charity after processing and administrative costs are paid. I cannot remember there was a nature disaster a few years ago in the States and many stores here were collecting for the Red Cross but it turned out for every $1 you donated only $0.05 would go to those in need the rest was covering processing and administrative costs.

I heard this as well (Sadly, regarding SK, too.) there was a list posted online of the worst charities to donate to as a high percentage gets taken
    Last edited by Candini; Mon, Dec 19th, 2016 at 09:49 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, Lyssia510 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Am I the only doofus on the planet who can't bake Pillsbury products without burning them to a crisp? I can make almost anything from scratch and have it turn out beautifully but Pillsbury turns into charcoal every damn time. The crescents were on sale for 97 cents at RCSS last week so DH picked up a couple of them. I should have had him bake them.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Am I the only doofus on the planet who can't bake Pillsbury products without burning them to a crisp? I can make almost anything from scratch and have it turn out beautifully but Pillsbury turns into charcoal every damn time. The crescents were on sale for 97 cents at RCSS last week so DH picked up a couple of them. I should have had him bake them.
    personally I just don't like the taste of anything Pillsbury makes. Over the years I have fallen for the " melt in your mouth " look of those crescents in the ads, but then after I bake them ( so far I have not burned a batch, maybe something going on with your oven, or possibly the pan they are placed on? ) I get this unpleasant aftertaste, which is actually a " during " taste because I taste it right away!
    Stick to your own fab homemade goodies, they always sound so fancy!!
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I find I need to decrease the temperature and the baking time on the crescents. Otherwise they burn on the bottom before the top gets browned and the vented gets cooked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The sad thing is, I did just that! Temp went down about 25 degrees and the rack went up one notch from usual.

It's not the oven @walkonby , everything else I bake turns out great. It does run hot but over the years I've managed to figure out where to set the dial. I just came back from shopping and the crescents were still on sale. I didn't even give them a second glance

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I find I need to decrease the temperature and the baking time on the crescents. Otherwise they burn on the bottom before the top gets browned and the vented gets cooked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I don't make them often, but haven't had that problem. I bought two pks of crescents last week, too.

I have a different problem with them - the sheer fear I feel when having to open that darned tube, and I scream every time it pops!
    barbis9, Ciel, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Clueless people!

5 days post surgery. I don`t want to get into details but I obviously stirred up something and am not doing good.
    My caretaker finished work and decided to start doing Christmas shopping. Wonderful.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Clueless people!

5 days post surgery. I don`t want to get into details but I obviously stirred up something and am not doing good.
    My caretaker finished work and decided to start doing Christmas shopping. Wonderful.
    DRUGS!!! They help so much.
    DH is irritating me to no ends. He es because his clothing gets washed, dried, folded and put in his dresser. And then he es because they maybe inside out. I have told him for years that if they get tossed that way to be laundered, that is how they will be cleaned. Even balled up socks.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 7 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I am well supplied for drugs. Taking the edge off at the least.
    Now I nearly blacked out in the shower from taking my bandages off my stitches. The pulling sensation! oh my god
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I put parchment paper on the cookie sheet first and I find that this helps a ton!
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Is it just me but would you be offended if a relative gave you a charity calendar as a gift (ok not so bad) but than a supposed good friend gives you a heart and stroke foundation reusable bag as part of your gift? I know you are not supposed to expect anything at Christmas but I try very hard to find something decent to give on my very limited income and would be embarrassed to give these types of freebies as gifts. What do you think??
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2016 at 09:31 AM.
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, lecale and 3 others like this.

Thread Information