User Tag List

Page 621 of 654 FirstFirst ... 121 521 571 611 619 620 621 622 623 631 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Robocalls and text message from Doug Ford. I'm on a do not call list....annoying!
    Did you see the Robocalls article in both the Toronto Star and the Hamilton Spectator papers today?
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Finding drink cups jammed into the can/bottle recycling circular openings on transit garbage/recycling bins. Bonus aggravation points if said cups contain melted ice cap or leftover drink in them.
    The litter opening is much bigger-why not put the drink cups into that opening?
    All I can say to this one is at least the stuff isn't on the ground.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    All I can say to this one is at least the stuff isn't on the ground.
    The one or two cups jammed into the opening aren't but in Ancaster it is amazing how many drink cups are on the ground and within 5m of a trash can nearby! The whole town has become the Litterlands, not just the Meadowlands area by the buses.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

okay so I have been using coupons 30 some odd years -so I go to use a coupon I had on hand at shoppers "the 1.50 off any men+dove coupon -which I have used there before as I don't shop fortinos or Walmart much anymore (I found the cpn in fortinos a few months back )well the young new cashier I had called a supervisor over "nope in fine print at the bottom it states to use at Loblaws inc stores-so I said isn't shoppers owed by Loblaws her comment no we are a banner under Loblaws,fortinos,rcss -we are an umbrella under them sorry -we have our own rules etc

-so I decided I didn't want to buy the 2 shower gels I had -I didn't even see the fine print -as I just had eye surgery last month and I used them in shoppers before I am sure ,because there was a checkout51 offer a few weeks back and I bought one to save the 1.50 and 1.50 from checkout51
    -uggggg fine print on coupons my rant for the day
    barbis9, Ciel, DaveP and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    okay so I have been using coupons 30 some odd years -so I go to use a coupon I had on hand at shoppers "the 1.50 off any men+dove coupon -which I have used there before as I don't shop fortinos or Walmart much anymore (I found the cpn in fortinos a few months back )well the young new cashier I had called a supervisor over "nope in fine print at the bottom it states to use at Loblaws inc stores-so I said isn't shoppers owed by Loblaws her comment no we are a banner under Loblaws,fortinos,rcss -we are an umbrella under them sorry -we have our own rules etc

-so I decided I didn't want to buy the 2 shower gels I had -I didn't even see the fine print -as I just had eye surgery last month and I used them in shoppers before I am sure ,because there was a checkout51 offer a few weeks back and I bought one to save the 1.50 and 1.50 from checkout51
    -uggggg fine print on coupons my rant for the day
    @coupon girl I was allowed to used 6 of those coupons this morning I asked the cashier and her supervisor said yes that the are considered a Loblaws banner store I guess each store view it diifferently
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I keep reading these social media posts about stores not treating their customers properly (most recently a lady was harassed by walmart employees for having an assistance dog inside the store) The lady had gone back multiple times and had been treated badly each time.

While I understand the need to vent - and I wholeheartedly agree that companies and their employees need this brought to their attention so they are able to fix it...

However I can't understand why people (who have been treated badly) STILL shop there?! Drives me crazy that they still spend their money at a place that doesn't care about anyone or their well-being when I'm sure there are much better options out there.

#thoughtoftheday
    Natalka, Tweets77, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I agree, Nessa, people should be voting with their feet!

One can still get decent prices without going to one specific store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa23 View Post
    I can't understand why people (who have been treated badly) STILL shop there?! Drives me crazy that they still spend their money at a place that doesn't care about anyone or their well-being when I'm sure there are much better options out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I used to wondered that myself, but then I realized a couple of things...

First, that's *IF* There are better options out there.

Walmart might be the only place to shop in some areas. Take a small town like Sussex New Brunswick, for example: For "department stores", you have Walmart and you have Canadian Tire. If someone in Sussex needs underwear, they aren't going to buy that at Canadian Tire... and not likely going to drive 45 minutes to the next nearest city to shop.

Lack of choice is one concern, but so are product availability and budget...

I know someone who lives in the US. In his area there are both a Walmart and a Target. He also has a Costco nearby, a Sam's Club, and a fashion mall nearby, so there's no shortage of retailers near him... However, he is a "plus sized" individual. And unfortunately neither Target, Costco, Sam's, nor most shops in the mall sell plus sizes. At DXL (a big & tall men's store), an ordinary plain t-shirt costs in the range of $30. ($20 if there's a promo) and a pair of shorts would easily cost $40. At Walmart he can get a plain t-shirt for $4.88 (seriously) any day of the week, and a pair of shorts for $10-$15. Plus they sell underwear, belts, and other essentials in his size and within his budget. So, even if Walmart gave him a hard time or made it uncomfortable for him to shop there (which they dont) ... where else would/could/should he shop?

Without knowing this lady's story, I guess my point is that she might not have a choice, be it limited store choices, product selection, and/or budget.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Jul 11th, 2018 at 08:22 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Without knowing this lady's story, I guess my point is that she might not have a choice, be it limited store choices, product selection, and/or budget.
    THIS..

Plus the lady in question may be relying on the kindness of others in order to shop and therefore is obliged to shop where-ever and when-ever her helpers can or are prepared to take her.

Being able to jump in my car and drive up to several hours to buy items I want, need or buy just for funsies is a wonderful thing . If I didn't have a car, I'd have to walk 3 km each way to a corner store and pay marked up prices for basics. A taxi into my town cost $20 and one to my nearest large town where I have Walmart, Canadian Tire etc cost $70. Both each way. No buses no trains..

Oft times it's a lot harder than some well meaning person saying "Vote with your feet".
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I agree, Nessa, people should be voting with their feet!
    My response was 'assuming' there were other choices, and barring things such as transportation issues.

Yep, I was 'assuming' based on someone with circumstances similar to my own, I should not have generalized.
    Mea culpa.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My response was 'assuming' there were other choices, and barring things such as transportation issues.

Yep, I was 'assuming' based on someone with circumstances similar to my own, I should not have generalized.
    Mea culpa.
    No, you were right. If there's a place big enough for a Walmart it's not likely to be the only choice. When I moved to Nova Scotia, it was to a smallish town, New Waterford, about 10,000 people. We had a Sobeys, no Walmart. Then we moved to a larger town ten miles away, Glace Bay. Sobeys, Atlantic Superstore and Foodland, no Walmart. But another 10 miles away is the 'big city', Sydney. Two Walmarts, two Sobeys, Superstore, No Frills, Giant Tiger. Walmart is only in the bigger markets, and there's always other choices in the bigger markets.
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, Jul 12th, 2018 at 01:34 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

all good points above, I'm sure no one means to generalize and I certainly feel bad for those who don't have options!

All I can say is, I'm glad I have lots of options and am not forced to shop at Walmart! hahaha
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I am from Glace Bay live in Ontario now. When I go home we have to drive around to get choices and get different products. But usually Glace Bay has good food selection.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    No, you were right. If there's a place big enough for a Walmart it's not likely to be the only choice. When I moved to Nova Scotia, it was to a smallish town, New Waterford, about 10,000 people. We had a Sobeys, no Walmart. Then we moved to a larger town ten miles away, Glace Bay. Sobeys, Atlantic Superstore and Foodland, no Walmart. But another 10 miles away is the 'big city', Sydney. Two Walmarts, two Sobeys, Superstore, No Frills, Giant Tiger. Walmart is only in the bigger markets, and there's always other choices in the bigger markets.
    barbis9, DaveP and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I am from Glace Bay live in Ontario now. When I go home we have to drive around to get choices and get different products. But usually Glace Bay has good food selection.
    Yeah, it's a great town. 3 big grocery stores, 4 pharmacies and 3 bargain stores - and 4 Tim Hortons (a new one just opened). Got a Canadian Tire too, but no Walmart. And best of all, most of the people are good folk.
    Last edited by DaveP; Fri, Jul 13th, 2018 at 03:01 AM.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

CurlyGirl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa23 View Post
    all good points above, I'm sure no one means to generalize and I certainly feel bad for those who don't have options!

All I can say is, I'm glad I have lots of options and am not forced to shop at Walmart! hahaha
    haha soo true!!
    barbis9, nessa23 and dededi like this.

Page 621 of 654 FirstFirst ... 121 521 571 611 619 620 621 622 623 631 ... LastLast

Thread Information