User Tag List

Page 133 of 654 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 633 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I'd like to think that the Facebook hosts are learning about the epic fail of FB invites if their turnouts are less than expected (particularly if they are keen on giftgiving occasions!). Invitations by mail are nice but e-mail e-vites get a look at least...
    I've read too many stories about teens sending out FB messages for parties while thier parents were away and seen teh damage that several hundred people can make to really not want to make FB my party going message service.

Small rant-decided to flip through a BBQ retailer's glossy insert. Why are the women shown seated at the tables and only the men are grilling with the BBQs? Hello? Missed marketing opportunity...the upside is that showcasing different BBQ accessories and recipes to use with them was a smart marketing ploy. As was how to use a smoker box, choosing cuts of meat for the grill and some other BBQ tips.
    Culturally BBQ-ing meat is supposed to be an American man's single contibution to cookng for the household (cite), though I'm sure all the other menu items are prepared by the lady of the house.
    ROMEO, Ciel and i_forget like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Applied for a super basic job, like someone straight out of high school could do it. After the online application is done it says I don`t qualify

It's a retail/merchandising job. I`ve worked in retail since I was 16. So annoyed!!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I left my iPod down (totally my fault) and DS picked it up. He erased tapatalk! Tapatalk of all apps! had to go and re-load it and now I have the new version. I liked my old simple version. Soooo not happy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Ciel, Lyssia510 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Managed to have 3 women piss me off in the span of 1 hour at Target. Never leaving my house again
    ROMEO, Ciel, francine1985 and 9 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Perfectly abled bodied people who feel they need take the elevator at the Eaton Centre when the escalator is right beside the elevator, and fill up the elevator so people who NEED it(strollers, wheelchairs/scooters) can't get on and have to wait for the next one. I'm sorry but if you can run through the mall or wear 4 inch heels you can take the escalator.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, Ciel and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You know, I think all those jobs posted online are all spoken for. It's just a stupid union/company requirement to post things publicly but they know who those jobs are going to. One time my former company posted MY job publicly on a job board because the union made them
    Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Applied for a super basic job, like someone straight out of high school could do it. After the online application is done it says I don`t qualify

It's a retail/merchandising job. I`ve worked in retail since I was 16. So annoyed!!
    Ciel, francine1985, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You can smoke anywhere outdoors. Outdoors is a huge place. Yet you choose to smoke right outside my window, which I've opened for the second time since November. I want fresh air please
    Ciel, francine1985, GoJays and 4 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

we ordered a pizza at papa johns (free with points.) and dh walked a block further to buy me diet pepsi which is supposed to be on sale at shoppers. he gets there and they only have caffeine free diet pepsi (yuck) so he calls me and asks me what hes doing. I told him to just buy it from papa johns. I have a feeling the pop is going to be expensive there but on the plus side the pizza is free and my pop will be cold when he gets home.
    Ciel and jamesfranco like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

at a local SDM I watched this while I was searching for gummy rabbits - I am allergic to chocolate. All the chocolate .25cent - mother & daughter clears it all out - two little kids with those lindor chocolate in there hands - one of the woman tells the kid he is a little porker and doesn't need chocolate takes it out of his fingers - not her children and these woman were obese. The two woman go to cashier - is about to check out - head cashier tells her she is greedy and she has the right to limit and she saw what she did to the kids. The two women freak out threatens to call HQ and the cashier starts dialing says fine lets talk to HQ. Two woman walk to other cashier in the back and head cashier calls says limit 4. Glad the head cashier won and the little kids got there chocolate. And I got my gummy bunnies

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    at a local SDM I watched this while I was searching for gummy rabbits - I am allergic to chocolate. All the chocolate .25cent - mother & daughter clears it all out - two little kids with those lindor chocolate in there hands - one of the woman tells the kid he is a little porker and doesn't need chocolate takes it out of his fingers - not her children and these woman were obese. The two woman go to cashier - is about to check out - head cashier tells her she is greedy and she has the right to limit and she saw what she did to the kids. The two women freak out threatens to call HQ and the cashier starts dialing says fine lets talk to HQ. Two woman walk to other cashier in the back and head cashier calls says limit 4. Glad the head cashier won and the little kids got there chocolate. And I got my gummy bunnies
    It doesn't matter if a child is overweight or not, calling a child a porker/fat/etc is NEVER okay. I would have gone postal on that women's a$$.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good that Shoppers head cashier got the limit enforced and gave the woman shoppers some "medicine" for their manners to go. Hope the kids got their chocolates and remembered that she spoke up for them.

Posted jobs in closed shops aka unionized workplaces: have seen municipal staff contracts state external postings are allowed for one week/5 business days. And yes, as torontogal12 pointed, some of the postings are likely either filled or already have preferred internal candidates lined up for the job. Sometimes HR staff must be seeing who externally will apply and use those candidates' responses/grades as a benchmark against internal candidates who apply for the same posting. Not a good experience for external applicants wanting in on the jobs. But torontogal12, I cannot imagine that it was easy to see your job posted up while you were still in it!

@Candini-some retailers are stuck in cookie-cutter classic "want people who follow whatever orders are given without ability to be capable of independent thought". We all see the results of that at stores where staff, who could be our high-school selves years ago, just either doing the taught scripted replies or saying I don't know and not offering any further assistance or suggestions.
    Hey Candini, apply for HQ retail positions and see how far you get!
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Apr 22nd, 2014 at 09:52 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i have an exam tomorrow and two gigantic essays due by the weeks end and I am so so so sick. feeling like absolute garbage. all hopped up on dayquil and trying to concentrate on review while my four year old runs around is absolutely impossible.

annnnd because of a shuffle in administration my next semester is on hold until freaking september. this four year BA is going to end up taking closer to 5 or 6 years. Sooooooooooooooo frustrating.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My toddler was supposed to start music class today after the start date being delayed by 2 weeks. Woke up late and rushed like crazy to get the kids ready and be there for 9:30. Get there and find out it's been delayed another week. Get a phone call at 10:11 from the instructor telling me it's been delayed another week. Really, you couldn't call BEFORE the class was scheduled to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

The self-proclaimed coupon Queen in our area has struck again.... both RCSS & Zehrs' coupon holders look like they went to battle and got strip of everything! Geez, love to see these people get caught destroying displays....I find it rather rude...especially went they ripped all of the coupons out of booklets & put the remaining part back in the holder.... I frequent these stores quite often & know that these coupons weren't out for very long....someone must REALLY like BD cheese & Smuckers toppings.... so very rude.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    i have an exam tomorrow and two gigantic essays due by the weeks end and I am so so so sick. feeling like absolute garbage. all hopped up on dayquil and trying to concentrate on review while my four year old runs around is absolutely impossible.

annnnd because of a shuffle in administration my next semester is on hold until freaking september. this four year BA is going to end up taking closer to 5 or 6 years. Sooooooooooooooo frustrating.
    side note. worked for the last 5 hours this morning and got one of those two huge essays done. thank goodness. but now its exam prep and one heckuva massive essay i procrastinated on for much too long
    Ciel likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Thread Information