User Tag List

Page 136 of 654 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 636 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    someone just called me a bad parent because i got my son circumcised, stating that he would hate me lol! wow. promptly told that ***** where to go.

(my son is four now. and so far im his favorite person in life.)
    Had a professor in college last year tell the class about her 2 boys, she had one circumcised and there were complications so for her second boy, she didn't have him circumcised, but 10 years later, they both say they'd rather have the each other's penis. Basically it doesn't matter what you do, they won't be happy.

(Personally as a female, I like circumcised!)
    Angela273 and krysta lynne like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was torn on this and figured if/when the time came my Hubby would have most of the say until we had a family member who was not circumcised and had to have it done later. Now I think it is best to have it done when they are a baby. It is what it is, but I know the risk of needing to have it done later is slim but would not want to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Had a professor in college last year tell the class about her 2 boys, she had one circumcised and there were complications so for her second boy, she didn't have him circumcised, but 10 years later, they both say they'd rather have the each other's penis. Basically it doesn't matter what you do, they won't be happy.

Angela273 and krysta lynne like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    becuase they don't want people showing up at 7am.. they arn't ready, stuff is not out (they are still unloading and unpacking and dragging things out of the house, things are till being tagged) you need to be prepared for a garage sale and if people show up early they don't allow the people to prepare for the sale and if you start selling things and helping people out you may never get that 15 minutes to finish up the set up then you might accidently sell something for significantly less then what you meant to sell it for
    I would absolutely not want someone showing up a full hour before my sale started or more, trying to rummage through my still-packed boxes, but by early birds most people mean 10 or 15 minutes max before the sale officially 'starts', and actually telling people you won't sell them anything until X time just makes people walk away.

IMO if you want to have a successful garage sale you don't start tagging stuff the day of, or even finish. You have it priced and ready to go beforehand. We take at least a week ahead of time to organize, clean and tag most or all of our stuff. If you're trying to do that the day of, I doubt the 15 minutes would matter, you probably weren't anywhere near ready to begin with. Garage sale prep is not a day-of thing.
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post

Wiener's a wiener

Europeans usually don`t do it , not sure about Canada traditions.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Wiener's a wiener

Europeans usually don`t do it , not sure about Canada traditions.

Yup..I was totally unaware that it was such a huge subject for debate on this side of the pond.

I was bombarded with "advice" from both the pro and anti side of the debate when I discovered that no 3 was a boy. When I questioned either side re the stats, survey and methodical(generally) self reporting of the surveys, i was accused of being...well against thier position even when I responded that I was looking for a full evaluation of the non-religous/cultural reasons for circ-ing a male child..

IN the end, the hospitial never offered and so we didn't need to make a decision .

However, I would not be as gauche as to critise another parent for her/his reasons for circ-ing a boy..now FGM...whole different subject!

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

arggh yes, an experience like that really sours me on a store and I'll just shop at another location next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Had to argue with Shoppers for 15 mins to get SCOP on Ruffles because they rang in at 2.99 and 3.99 instead of 2 for 4.00. Didn't notice I was over charged till I got to the car, brought both bags back in with me with the receipt, first they tried to tell me I didn't buy 2 bags, then they told me The 3.99 was for dip and not chips and I actually owed them money cus they didn't charge me for both bags, a manager comes over and looks at the receipt and tells me new flavours are excluded from the promo. I asked him to show me where on the signs/flyers it said that then he finally agrees to refund me, I ask "shouldn't it be SCOP"and he's like "yeah I guess for one bag and we'll charge you the 2.00 for the other one." I ask if I should get SCOP on both since it's 2 different flavours, he agrees and they still managed to mess up my SCOP and charged me for one bag. I was tired of arguing and my toddler was not happy so I didn't fight it anymore but I now remember why I stopped shopping at Shoppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rant about my older sister. We rarely communicate (complicated) but the other day she spoke to me for 10 minutes. She mentioned how she hated her android phone, (3 year contract), and she would rather have an iPhone her boyfriend has. Anyways I mentioned my android conked out, found my old flip phone which still works, and using it for now. According to her "Flip phones are dumb and why wouldn't you buy a smart phone? People will laugh at you for using a flip phone. You should buy an iPhone or get a contract."

What??!!!

I cannot afford to pay $80 plus dollars for a monthly bill. That is what these cell phone companies require if your going with an iPhone on contract. At least here. Nothing against others who have this.

I don't get people harping on others who don't have the fanciest or newest phones. As long as I can make a call, light texting it's fine for me. Let her roll off my back

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

My local RCSS which I almost exclusively shop at just told me today that they aren't price matching any chinese supermarkets anymore. Could I have received any more disastrous news form my beloved store? And then when I went to Target all the stuff I wanted had already been cleared, sigh. One of those days

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Rant about my older sister. We rarely communicate (complicated) but the other day she spoke to me for 10 minutes. She mentioned how she hated her android phone, (3 year contract), and she would rather have an iPhone her boyfriend has. Anyways I mentioned my android conked out, found my old flip phone which still works, and using it for now. According to her "Flip phones are dumb and why wouldn't you buy a smart phone? People will laugh at you for using a flip phone. You should buy an iPhone or get a contract."

What??!!!

I cannot afford to pay $80 plus dollars for a monthly bill. That is what these cell phone companies require if your going with an iPhone on contract. At least here. Nothing against others who have this.

I don't get people harping on others who don't have the fanciest or newest phones. As long as I can make a call, light texting it's fine for me. Let her roll off my back

Yup...me too. I was recently presured into buying an android smart phone...i have pay as you go b/c i only text & call once in a while. I cant imagine having to pay $40- a month. I just got rid of our land line for Ooma ($14- a month). ;-)

My sis in law got cellphones for herself & her 2 sons age 10 & 11. she pays $160- a month....GEEZ!
    I just dont get it...who needs a cell at 10 yrs old? maybe if they had a PT job & paid for it themselves....i dunno
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i hate....when i buy too much of something & end up throwing it out. case in point...i bought 2 steaks a few days ago i cooked one for hubby & totally forgot the other was in the fridge (hiding of course) i had to toss it.

also hate when im grocery shopping with hubby b/c h loves to buy MULTIPLES of sale items. I tell him NO! we have lots in the pantry, but he buys it anyway.
    last wk my son decided to throw out EVERYTHING that was expired.....OMG! crackers/pudding/cereal/soup/peanut butter/mayonaise......
    my new motto is...Buy only as much as you need. & rotate old stock...lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    Yup...me too. I was recently presured into buying an android smart phone...i have pay as you go b/c i only text & call once in a while. I cant imagine having to pay $40- a month. I just got rid of our land line for Ooma ($14- a month). ;-)

My sis in law got cellphones for herself & her 2 sons age 10 & 11. she pays $160- a month....GEEZ!
    I just dont get it...who needs a cell at 10 yrs old? maybe if they had a PT job & paid for it themselves....i dunno
    I think when kids get to the age where they are playing with friends after school and are old enough to stay home by themselves a cell phone is a good idea. My dd is almost 11 and will probably be getting a pay as you go phone this summer because she's at the age where she's going over to her friends houses more, and I just want her to be able to check in every hour or so, so I know where she is and that she's ok. Now if a 10/11 year old has a cell phone and has free reign of it then that's a different story, but for for emergencies and checking in on a cheap phone I think they're a good idea.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I was surprised to see how few non-smart phones are availible. We were looking for a phone for Penguinette1(16) an the places we loooked (Bell, Telus, Fido, Virgin and Rogers) only seemed to stock one or 2 traditional phones.

I just washed the kitchen floor before I realised I hadn't moved my cup of tea to next to my computer...
    GoJays likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I think when kids get to the age where they are playing with friends after school and are old enough to stay home by themselves a cell phone is a good idea. My dd is almost 11 and will probably be getting a pay as you go phone this summer because she's at the age where she's going over to her friends houses more, and I just want her to be able to check in every hour or so, so I know where she is and that she's ok. Now if a 10/11 year old has a cell phone and has free reign of it then that's a different story, but for for emergencies and checking in on a cheap phone I think they're a good idea.
    YES.... SIL pays for thier internet access, i dont see why they need the internet at thier fingertips. they have PC's at home & school. but definatly need a cell for emergencys. kids have access to so much these days...its a bit much.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Ds2 has been sick since Thursday ds1 has been sick since Sunday and dh started being sick yesterday (he's at work now as he has no choice.) I have 2-3 sick people to take care of by myself. My mom said she or my sister would come over yesterday to help me so I could get some sleep and relax a bit. Neither of them ever showed up or answered the phone until it was really late and said to call back today instead. Same thing no answer and no one showed up. I am beyond exhausted and I took a tiny bit of time for a much needed cry and got right back to cleaning up puke and working to keep the kids hydrated.

Update
    ds2 is feeling better and he's eating again. Ds1 is still sick but is holding in most of his fluids. Dh is still a bit sick but is feeling better so he helped with the kids today and I got some sleep... I feel so much better myself having gotten a much needed break.
    Last edited by francine1985; Wed, Apr 30th, 2014 at 09:03 PM.
    Natalka and seylz_gurl like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Boss at work giving me grief cause I took a sick day this week to take care of my sick 4 yr old.....was told I made things very inconvenient for the team and did I know that.....What I do know is that karma exists and it's headed her way!!!!

Thread Information