User Tag List

Page 139 of 654 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Man if somebody ever expected me to do crap for their wedding as a bridesmaid and then gave me a checklist to say that I am "not to complain" I'd tell them right where they could stow that list. Sorry your SIL is such a lunatic about the whole wedding, Lola.

Can't believe people get so nuts over weddings. I'm not even wasting my time having a traditional one, I'd much rather do a big fun buffet-style dinner and everyone in my redneck family can come in their best plaid shirt and their 'going out' trucker hat if they want, who cares. You're just going to get rib sauce on it anyway.

The idea of spending 20, 30 or 50 grand or more on ONE DAY makes me question the sanity of people.

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

I was called a racist at work today....the joys of working with the public. If they don't get their way, pull out the racist card.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hrmph! I was really eager to watch the new Spidey movie but was ....I don't know, a teensie bit let down?? Something was missing, agh!! maybe I was just too tired to take it all in. If anyone else has seen it tell me what you loved about it in a pm, so no spoilers here.
    macw1960 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Took my cat to the vet for some hair patches behind ears. Cat comes home unable to walk, peeing all over, and her eyes are different sizes. Called the vet back and he is saying that is because her infection. I'm not vet, but I'm not stupid. Cat motor skills where fine before appointment. If you did something wrong own up to it and recommend something. So frustrating.
    Ciel, Midnightly, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I was torn on this and figured if/when the time came my Hubby would have most of the say until we had a family member who was not circumcised and had to have it done later. Now I think it is best to have it done when they are a baby. It is what it is, but I know the risk of needing to have it done later is slim but would not want to risk it.
    Bf's oldest ended up having to have it done at the age of 11 - it was cutting off circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    Yup...me too. I was recently presured into buying an android smart phone...i have pay as you go b/c i only text & call once in a while. I cant imagine having to pay $40- a month. I just got rid of our land line for Ooma ($14- a month). ;-)

My sis in law got cellphones for herself & her 2 sons age 10 & 11. she pays $160- a month....GEEZ!
    I just dont get it...who needs a cell at 10 yrs old? maybe if they had a PT job & paid for it themselves....i dunno
    Bf's ex wife got the oldest a smartphone - with data etc....he lost it and she actually bought him an iphone to replace it. they found it 3 months later in a coat pocket - after accusations of us hiding it on him at our house it was at her place allalong.
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@DarthPenguin-the mannerly response to polite invitations is as you indicated (gifts if you are close to the couple). The invitations that come with conditions (then or later) need a swift "no, here's my checklist for YOU" reality check and quick end to that relationship.
    Even before the Internet and smartphones, some people think their social networks become open sponsors of their parties and weddings. No.
    macw1960 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

More frustration than a rant but thinking you downsized before you moved but only to find out you haven't really.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

macw, we were in the totally same situation - and are still dealing with it!
    Crochetlady and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

May 5th and I am still defrosting my car, this is wrong, very wrong.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    May 5th and I am still defrosting my car, this is wrong, very wrong.
    That's horrible! Hope it warms up soon wherever you are!
    SassyAshley likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Saw in the Zerhs flyer that chocolate and fruity pebbles have made a come back to Canada. I've had a craving for fruity pebbles since I was 5 months pregnant and my dd is now 19 months. Went to Zerhs and they only had chocolate .
    GoddessDigi and r0c0upons like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Costco has Fruity Pebbles.
    Candini likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Agree, the acting and the plot of new Spidey were a let down if you've seen the Tobey Macguire series.
    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    hrmph! I was really eager to watch the new Spidey movie but was ....I don't know, a teensie bit let down?? Something was missing, agh!! maybe I was just too tired to take it all in. If anyone else has seen it tell me what you loved about it in a pm, so no spoilers here.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I must be losing my mind. I thought there was an all purpose brag thread but I haven't been able to find it for a few weeks. I'm guessing it never existed, which is further proof I'm losing it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Man if somebody ever expected me to do crap for their wedding as a bridesmaid and then gave me a checklist to say that I am "not to complain" I'd tell them right where they could stow that list. Sorry your SIL is such a lunatic about the whole wedding, Lola.

Can't believe people get so nuts over weddings. I'm not even wasting my time having a traditional one, I'd much rather do a big fun buffet-style dinner and everyone in my redneck family can come in their best plaid shirt and their 'going out' trucker hat if they want, who cares. You're just going to get rib sauce on it anyway.

The idea of spending 20, 30 or 50 grand or more on ONE DAY makes me question the sanity of people.

I think it's also the expectations that people feel they have to live up to, it's such an old mentality and a stupid one at that.

Your wedding sounds like it'll be a blast. Have fun.

Thread Information