User Tag List

Page 208 of 654 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This rising cost of healthy food, I've spent 200 bucks on groceries for the 4 of us since Thursday and I'll still need eggs, bread and fruit before the end of the week. Maybe 20 bucks of that was on "fun" food(chips and pickles for dh, a pumpkin pie and whipped cream). Seriously considering a diet of water, Pasta noodles, spaghetti sauce and chips.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a shelf from there, probably the same company made my shelf as did your TV stand by the sounds of things. I put it together and decided it was as stable as it was going to get, put all my CDs on the shelves, and then went to sleep. I woke up to the sound of the thing falling apart. Similar thing happened with another shelf I bought there, my whole stockpile ended up collapsing. Good call on throwing the tv stand out, I wish I would have thrown my shelves out before I piled all my stuff on them :/
    anastasia1009 and toronto166 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Lowering the cost is "significant?" I am just sticking to Kijiji rather than that ridiculousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I think any change to shipping/cost of the item regardless of it being a better deal is considered significant. I was bidding on an item once and the seller lowered the priced and I had the option to retract my bid.
    toronto166 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That seems to be the only way to save money. Meat is too expensive now. All I've been finding is $8 for ground beef. And that just feeds two people! I used to get away with $4 packs
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    This rising cost of healthy food, I've spent 200 bucks on groceries for the 4 of us since Thursday and I'll still need eggs, bread and fruit before the end of the week. Maybe 20 bucks of that was on "fun" food(chips and pickles for dh, a pumpkin pie and whipped cream). Seriously considering a diet of water, Pasta noodles, spaghetti sauce and chips.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Ran out of pain meds in the peak of my pain, doctor isn't available until Friday and I always get treated like a drug addict in emerg so looks like I'm holding off until then.
    wolfwoman and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Day two of head cold and only this morning do I remember I have cold & sinus tablets on hand-that helped somewhat. Could not sleep during night and kept turning or reaching for a tissue. The brandy shots helped with the dry roasted tonsils and throat.
    Am eyeing the mini-cans of pop in the pantry but I really want 2 x 2L bottles of Dr Pepper or Raspberry Ginger Ale for today! Some Gatorade to bump up electrolytes might be lovely...
    anastasia1009 and toronto166 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

heard this is super painful hope it works well for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    12 days ago i had gum surgery (hoping it works after I am all healed in a months time)then i came down with a cold on the weekend
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Candini and Ciel - hope you both feel better.
    Ciel and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

really... if your going to do a hit in run.. don't hit a car of someone who LIVES in the same building as you! especially don't leave the blue paint from hitting the car all over your your bumper!
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    That seems to be the only way to save money. Meat is too expensive now. All I've been finding is $8 for ground beef. And that just feeds two people! I used to get away with $4 packs
    I noticed that too even before I left Ontario I noticed ground beef was more $$$ then I moved to Regina and its the same price at there so minimum $6.50 for small package and $8.00 for a medium size. We started buying bison here - cheaper.
    Ciel, torontogal12 and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Day two of head cold and only this morning do I remember I have cold & sinus tablets on hand-that helped somewhat. Could not sleep during night and kept turning or reaching for a tissue. The brandy shots helped with the dry roasted tonsils and throat.
    Am eyeing the mini-cans of pop in the pantry but I really want 2 x 2L bottles of Dr Pepper or Raspberry Ginger Ale for today! Some Gatorade to bump up electrolytes might be lovely...
    Feel better - I just got over the cold and it was horrible. I took Nightime Bendyl cough syrup - slept like a baby
    Ciel and Candini like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I noticed that too even before I left Ontario I noticed ground beef was more $$$ then I moved to Regina and its the same price at there so minimum $6.50 for small package and $8.00 for a medium size. We started buying bison here - cheaper.

Bison is a great idea if its cheaper there. More expensive than beef here . I used to buy it when I lived in Ottawa. Tasty and supposedly less fat
    Ciel and anastasia1009 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Ran out of pain meds in the peak of my pain, doctor isn't available until Friday and I always get treated like a drug addict in emerg so looks like I'm holding off until then.
    Call your pharmacist and see if you can get enough to tide you over (they might do it if it's a recurring prescription) - they can always call the doctor, too.
    Ciel, Midnightly and Candini like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My entire department is either at a conference or on holiday...except me. I am getting questions I don't know how to answer and I have no one to ask. Did I mention I have a crazy deadline this week too?
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Bison is a great idea if its cheaper there. More expensive than beef here . I used to buy it when I lived in Ottawa. Tasty and supposedly less fat
    When I live in Ottawa I got bison is Quebec but here in Regina its local and more people eat bison here. Plus hubby is native so he loves it. Regina is great to live in - more jobs than there are people
    Ciel, torontogal12 and beckie.c like this.

Thread Information