User Tag List

Page 254 of 654 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 304 354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Oy, that would freak me out, too. Obviously too big of a piece!
    ROMEO and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    I will try to keep this short.....bought myself a box of Turtles chocolates just before Christmas. Was truly enjoying one when all of a sudden I bite down and thought that I had broken a tooth. Take this thing out of my mouth and tell my DH what just happened. He looked at the item and said it looked like a piece of plastic. It was perfectly round and very hard. I do what any Smart Canucker would, I write a letter and send it to Nestle. They "test" the item by putting it in water and then phone me to tell me that it is a piece of sea salt!! That was the hardest piece of *&$#@! sea salt I have ever had. Not too sure if I want to go thru that again even if I love Turtles!!!
    Send them a copy of your dentist bill.
    ROMEO, Tweets77, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Getting super annoyed and can see the frustration from other OPs on here mentioning the same topic.

DD's birthday is end of this month, I sent out invitations promptly on the first of this month. Out of 4 kids, nobody RSVP'd so far.
    2 weeks today is the party. Last night I messaged two Mom's on Facebook asking if they got my mail. One of them read the message at 8.30 this morning and still did not reply.
    I KNOW these women have their phones permanently attached to their hands, it takes a second to glimpse your calendar and say yes or no.

I`ve already purchased everything for my daughters party and she wont stop talking about how excited she is. Not to mention I`ve gone out and purchased toys and books to replace crappy gift bags.

If nobody shows up my daughters going to be heart broken.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobuzz View Post
    UGH, price matching at Canadian Tire.... it wasn't a horrible experience but I dreaded going... you'd think it was coming out of the employee's pocket....

Home Hardware had O'Keeffe's Working Hands Cream on sale for 1/2 off for $4.74 so I wanted to get 2 & pay with my CDN Tire $$$ card... I called first & the girl knew what cream I was talking about (must of had other PM going on)... I get to the store, none to be found... finally a guy showed me on at the cash.... I looked around the store for more but none to be found..... go back to that cash & now there's two rows of it! WTH? I grabbed another and the CS was watching me (she could of told me there was more)... I go to her to cash out since I was pretty sure it was her I talked to on the phone. Then I go to take my flyer (which is still good till tomorrow) & she said, "Oh I need that, its my proof (as she stables her copy of the receipt to it) ...that's why I told you to bring the flyer".

This is nothing major but I feel uncomfortable PM at CDN Tire for some reason & rarely do it there..... but I felt like saying, well its MY flyer & I'm not done with it!
    I was not aware CT does PM.It is worldwide or at the discretion of the store?
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jan 12th, 2015 at 01:23 AM.
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just learned that my favorite store for vegetables and fruits (The Vegetarien)will close in my city and another one.I used to pm with their flyer at Maxi the cheaps deals.Guess I was not the only one to do that.And since this summer with WM becoming a SuperStore and sell vegetables and fruits too...It did not help.Super deceived here.This store was open since 10 years or more.
    @Decaf and lecale: I might look for the printer suggestions too.Thank you
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jan 12th, 2015 at 01:30 AM.
    Ciel, lecale, Decaf and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Desjardins who are closing more and more succursale and by this point more automatic guichet..Mine is now 15 more minutes far away
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

So annoyed that don't get any paper or flyers on regular basis. We used to get flyers on Wednesday evenings with Mississauga News, then it changed to Thursday evenings and then Friday evenings. Since December it has been hit or miss. Last week we got the paper and flyers Sunday night when I had already finished all my shopping. This week I waited yesterday hoping the flyers will come but still no flyers. I do my shopping on Fridays or Saturdays and the flyers really help as I don't know how to take screen shots. I had done my shopping but didn't buy couple of items I needed because they were cheaper elsewhere and I wanted to PM.
    Ciel, Cata and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Was at the mall on Saturday. There was new big Shoppers there that I had never been to so told my husband Monsters 4 pack is on sale for 6.99. My husband is addicted to them and there are never any coupons so I try to keep my eyes open for the sales. We scan the Monsters it comes to 11.99 asked the customer service why it is not on sale as the flyers says, she told us to show the flyer, spent 10 minutes looking at the flyer in the store with my husband breathing down my neck telling me to forget it, just admit I am wrong and there was no sale. In the end I couldn't find it so we left it there, got home and I checked SC flyers and there it was again and showed it to my husband. All he could say was print it and buy it next week for him. I was so embarrassed in the store saying it was in flyer while my husband was telling me I was wrong.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    Was at the mall on Saturday. There was new big Shoppers there that I had never been to so told my husband Monsters 4 pack is on sale for 6.99. My husband is addicted to them and there are never any coupons so I try to keep my eyes open for the sales. We scan the Monsters it comes to 11.99 asked the customer service why it is not on sale as the flyers says, she told us to show the flyer, spent 10 minutes looking at the flyer in the store with my husband breathing down my neck telling me to forget it, just admit I am wrong and there was no sale. In the end I couldn't find it so we left it there, got home and I checked SC flyers and there it was again and showed it to my husband. All he could say was print it and buy it next week for him. I was so embarrassed in the store saying it was in flyer while my husband was telling me I was wrong.
    Sounds like someone's husband needs to buy his own Monsters!!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I was eating the Pepperidge Farm Sweet Crisps Cinnamon one last night and it cracked my crown.
    Off to the dentist and hopes they can bond it until I go back to Ontario and I have dental coverage and I know a dentist.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Kwala Just google "how to take screenshots with *insert phone name here*"

and I have had the same experience looking for something in the flyer at the store that I know is on sale with no success and as soon as I get home, well, there it is.
    Ciel, Kwala and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I decided this year to buy a WARM winter coat, I haven't had one since before high school(I usually go for the nice fashionable looking coats that look good but aren't warm), but I can't find one for a resonable price that I like that fits. Ladies clothing stores are all to big, and the teen/young women stores doesn't have anything warmer than I have now. Guess I get to freeze for another winter.
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Getting super annoyed and can see the frustration from other OPs on here mentioning the same topic.

DD's birthday is end of this month, I sent out invitations promptly on the first of this month. Out of 4 kids, nobody RSVP'd so far.
    2 weeks today is the party. Last night I messaged two Mom's on Facebook asking if they got my mail. One of them read the message at 8.30 this morning and still did not reply.
    I KNOW these women have their phones permanently attached to their hands, it takes a second to glimpse your calendar and say yes or no.

I`ve already purchased everything for my daughters party and she wont stop talking about how excited she is. Not to mention I`ve gone out and purchased toys and books to replace crappy gift bags.

If nobody shows up my daughters going to be heart broken.

oh i know the feeling! i did the same for my daughter's last two birthdays, you let them invite school friends and you don't even know if the parents get the invites let alone if the kid is coming... you ask the kid (since you don't see the parents) kids say yes yes they will be there, you send out emails with no reply...you buy goodie bags "just incase" because no one wants to be left out and ofcourse they are a no show... or they say yes they will come but don't show up until half way through the party.. it's hard to start the party when only 2 kids have shown up on time all the rest are 10-20 min late and it's only a 1hr45min party
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I was eating the Pepperidge Farm Sweet Crisps Cinnamon one last night and it cracked my crown.
    Off to the dentist and hopes they can bond it until I go back to Ontario and I have dental coverage and I know a dentist.
    Oh no! Good luck; hope the dentist can fix it sufficiently for you. What a nuisance, eh?
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    So annoyed that don't get any paper or flyers on regular basis. We used to get flyers on Wednesday evenings with Mississauga News, then it changed to Thursday evenings and then Friday evenings. Since December it has been hit or miss. Last week we got the paper and flyers Sunday night when I had already finished all my shopping. This week I waited yesterday hoping the flyers will come but still no flyers. I do my shopping on Fridays or Saturdays and the flyers really help as I don't know how to take screen shots. I had done my shopping but didn't buy couple of items I needed because they were cheaper elsewhere and I wanted to PM.
    Kwala...why don't you call Metroland Media and put in a complaint. I had to call them in the past and it worked. They made sure our carrier was there every Thursday night and not one week on, 4 weeks off. Frustrating when you rely on flyers for price matching.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Thread Information