User Tag List

Page 295 of 654 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 345 395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A lot of full-time jobs started with part-time only. Build big by starting small.
    salady, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponteen101 View Post
    I don't mind being ID'd (I'm 19 so it's fair). It's when I'm standing beside my little sister (12) trying to buy movie tickets and they try to sell us both kids tickets. that is when I get annoyed. I might look young, but I do not look 13. .....but sometimes it's nice being able to use high school bus tickets.....
    It probably doesnt help that "teenagers" on everyday tv are usually actors and actresses in thir 20's
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    With your foot in the door who knows where it might lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    If you take the part time job you may very well end up in a full time position that you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by cookoo View Post
    A lot of full-time jobs started with part-time only. Build big by starting small.
    Thanks guys! I got so many lovely, supportive messages from SCers here. I have decided that I will take on a part-time position just to get my foot in the door. It really is difficult to find a job you love nowadays and it would be a shame for me to let this opportunity go. A full-time position with this organisation is my dream job so I will set this as my long term goal and run for it!
    Last edited by salady; Fri, Apr 3rd, 2015 at 06:29 PM.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    I had a (informal) job interview today and absolutely fell in love with the organisation. They do awesome work and our community is so lucky to have them. I would be so so so thrilled to work for them. But they didn't really have any vacancies for jobs that I would like to do. So I walked away from it a bit...I dunno, confused? Let down? The ball is in my court now and I need to decide if I should just take a shot at working part-time with them, hopefully they will see my potential and dedication to want to offer me a full time one? I hate gambling.

I don't know what to think. My brain can't process anything right now.
    PT job often means close to FT hours & responsibilities , just without the benefits like dental , drug plan etc.

I know lot of PT people who get 30-35 hrs/week , and the FT people get 40 hrs .

The FT people also pay more tax as they go into a higher income tax bracket , so after tax not much difference between the PT pay cheque & FT pay cheque.

Also PT , you are more flexible to do lot of other things.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    PT job often means close to FT hours & responsibilities , just without the benefits like dental , drug plan etc.

I know lot of PT people who get 30-35 hrs/week , and the FT people get 40 hrs .

The FT people also pay more tax as they go into a higher income tax bracket , so after tax not much difference between the PT pay cheque & FT pay cheque.

Also PT , you are more flexible to do lot of other things.
    Sound advice and a lot of what you said is true. You gotta start from the bottom and work your way up, which is exactly what I intend to do. Plus another thing is that you really don't know when a full-time job opening becomes available and can benefit from internal job opportunities that come up. It's a win-win situation to me. What have I got to lose??
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

getting excited to see 4 things on snap by groupon each $1.00 off but then when I logged into my account the four items were not included in my offers! ( boo hoo ) Easy things I buy regularly too, ANY dish soap, ANY paper towel, Any soup and ANY laundry soap.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I keep ending up in the same situation without knowing how I get there... Portia Nelson's poem is awesome and most of the time I get it but this one.. I keep going into that hole in the sidewalk..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I keep ending up in the same situation without knowing how I get there... Portia Nelson's poem is awesome and most of the time I get it but this one.. I keep going into that hole in the sidewalk..
    Millie....I had to Google her to read the poem......does it mean that we cannot expect a different outcome if we repeat the same way we do things?
    macw1960, MillieH and dededi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Millie....I had to Google her to read the poem......does it mean that we cannot expect a different outcome if we repeat the same way we do things?
    It sure does.. I just don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong.. unless its giving too freely.. I'm confused .. blech
    macw1960 and dededi like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

getting excited to see 4 things on snap by groupon each $1.00 off but then when I logged into my account the four items were not included in my offers! ( boo hoo ) Easy things I buy regularly too, ANY dish soap, ANY paper towel, Any soup and ANY laundry soap.
    Make an account for your husband and put them on his

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did the glade aerosol buy 3 get $3.00 back on CO51 offer today, and didn't use any coupons since I had already used my two smartsource buy 2 get 1 free last week and I didn't have any glade insert coupons for aerosols. Then I got home and saw there is a BOGO glade aerosol coupon that has just been added to the right@home websaver coupon portal.

I always seem to have an eye for finding the good coupons for my purchases right after I have already made said purchase.
    macw1960, walkonby and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Superstore charges me third time in a row this 'ecology fees' on my Danactive...no other store charges a dollar for these bottles...arrr

Time to go somewhere else!
    macw1960, Shelley17 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Superstore charges me third time in a row this 'ecology fees' on my Danactive...no other store charges a dollar for these bottles...arrr

they do that here in Regina - I was told buy sarcan that they are allowed too cause I complaints that my lactose free milk and cream charged .01 and .05
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post

I definately would!!!
    dededi likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I just redownloaded snap after not using it forever(never anything we bought on it). Had the 4 things you mentioned in my account, which I had bought before I even looked at snap and they were removed by the time my receipt finished uploading.
    walkonby and dededi like this.

Thread Information