User Tag List

Page 313 of 654 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    After years of being told to use sunscreen a report by Postmedia Network says Environmental Working Group says 80% of sunscreens don't work as claimed or contain unsafe chemicals?!!! Spray-ons were said "to potentially push chemicals deep into the lungs". Okay, so what do I safely use on my kids. I'm sure many studies were done before these came on the market?
    Oh my dear friend, NOTHING is safe. Body wash, deoderant, cleaners, everything is filled with poison. After doing tons of research, I rarely coupon now because even though it's free, health over wealth!
    Simple items like deoderant and shave cream have aluminum in it, long term use can cause breast cancer.

As for sunscreen you're best bet is to cover up with light colored clothing, there's DIY items online to make natural sunscreen but I've never used it so ,
    ROMEO and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I thought it was 29th yesterday! I had dump all my non-expiring coupons day before yesterday! Gee what the heck is wrong with me!!!

On positive side: I did not have to go to work!
    ROMEO and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Multiple rants

no comp at the moment...using my ipad (I hate typing on here takes forever) have to update iOS but would mean clearing out storage , hence not having a computer....

Anyway, one of my long time friends is preg for the first time. I'm happy for her and all that jazz but she's become rather irritating . She posted something (maybe being hormonal) about how friends disappear once you get pregnant and thanked a baby-less friend for being by her side.
    Meanwhile, me ,being pregnant and having a child 5+ years, she never asked for help, advise, nothing.

We spoke about her baby shower, which apparently is having men and women, at a venue that supplies alcohol. (Umm, let me commend that she is not drinking...) I think showers should be maternal, your aunts, sisters, mothers, you know...women who share the same thing you're dealing with. But "men helped create!" So invite them along. Alright, your shower, not mine...
    Does not want to participate in maternity photos, a gender reveal , 3D ultrasounds or anything really relative to becoming a mother.
    Over all rant, I think somebody is in for a rude awakening and has A LOT of growing up to do in the next year. Have fun seeking praise from a baby-less, drinking and brain cell blowing friend.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They really think there's a brand named "Milk?"

*rolls eyes*
    Quote Originally Posted by elusive View Post
    i was in a rush trying to buy milk before the holiday tomorrow. i tried to use the free 1L milk coupon i got from general mills promotion. the cashier told me it had to be the "brand" in the picture. ... i told her that's a generic pic. there is no such brand! i asked her what brand she wanted me to buy, she said i don't know, the picture. she went to 2 other staff, they took a glance at the coupon, not even the milk i am trying to buy, and simply said "no." ugh so frustrating i just left the two other items i was gonna buy. i had no problems using it there previously! just when i am in a rush you give me problems! screw you milk and food basics!

I feel better after ranting.
    ROMEO, GoJays, Candini and 4 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    We spoke about her baby shower, which apparently is having men and women, at a venue that supplies alcohol. (Umm, let me commend that she is not drinking...) I think showers should be maternal, your aunts, sisters, mothers, you know...women who share the same thing you're dealing with. But "men helped create!" So invite them along. Alright, your shower, not mine...
    Does not want to participate in maternity photos, a gender reveal , 3D ultrasounds or anything really relative to becoming a mother.
    Over all rant, I think somebody is in for a rude awakening and has A LOT of growing up to do in the next year. Have fun seeking praise from a baby-less, drinking and brain cell blowing friend.
    I only had a baby shower with my first but it had both men and women. Me and Dh had a party with friends and family. Our best friends (a couple who also brought all 4 of their kids who were also invited.), a few of my friends who also brought their kids but not their men (who were welcome to come but didn't want to go), my grandmother and uncle who drove her there and back home after, a few of my aunts (who came alone), my sister and her then husband... Imo there is nothing wrong with having men there too. We knew ahead of time that we wanted to celebrate as a family. (I also had a difficult pregnancy so I was tired and weak all the time. I needed Dh there to help me anyway. He is the one who made up the food/drinks and helped serve everyone while I rested and had fun talking to everyone.)

I never participated in maternity photos or 3d ultrasounds either, it just wasn't in our budget. I do have a lot of photos of me during both pregnancies that Dh took on his phone. I also have ultrasound pictures from every regular ultrasound I went to. I never had a gender reveal party either. They weren't really trendy when I had my kids (at least not around here. I had never heard of them before a few years ago lol.) but I called everyone up and told them as soon as I found out what I was having since I was so excited.

i do think it is inappropriate to have alcohol at a baby shower but wonder if there actually will be any. Just because the venue can sell alcohol doesn't mean they will during her party. (We don't drink and there is no alcohol at our wedding which was discussed with the venues we considered ahead of time.) I also agree she is in for a rude awakening as I lost many many friends during and after my pregnancy. (I was really sick the whole time causing me to be dehydrated, extremely tired and weak. You find out who your real friends are when you can't go out and socialize anymore). I am sure she will reach out to other parents for advice once the baby is born if she has any questions. When I have any questions I either ask my friend (the one with 4 kids) or my mom (who had 3 kids of her own the youngest being 19, me about to turn 30 in June, and the oldest 32... And she is also a registered nurse.) but for the most part I had a good handle on thing myself as I already knew what I was doing before I had kids... (A sibling 10 years younger than you is good practice lol.) I also took early childhood development in high school which was a huge benefit once I decided it was time to have kids.

Have you you reached out to her letting her know you are there for her as well? She may think that you have abandoned her like many of her other friends. She may also not want to bother you she may feel overwhelmed with all the changes during her pregnancy and knowing you are pregnant too with another kid to take care of might make her think she would be bothering you. If she is a good friend to her reach out and let her know you are there for her and she can ask you anything about pregnancy and baby care.
    ROMEO, Candini, Lyssia510 and 1 others like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@francine1985 you gave some good advice, but I am wondering what is a gender reveal party? A party where they literally just reveal the sex of the baby? I don't understand why you'd need a party for that? It is to have an excuse for a second party?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    @francine1985 you gave some good advice, but I am wondering what is a gender reveal party? A party where they literally just reveal the sex of the baby? I don't understand why you'd need a party for that? It is to have an excuse for a second party?
    Well that is the most sensible thing I have heard today. I think they are a joke, not sure what the point is at all.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sun, May 24th, 2015 at 09:21 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

One study says it has chemicals but many many many studies have shown you need sunscreen to be safe.

Cover up or use natural sunscreen. We use spray sunscreen but cover our eyes and noses while doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    After years of being told to use sunscreen a report by Postmedia Network says Environmental Working Group says 80% of sunscreens don't work as claimed or contain unsafe chemicals?!!! Spray-ons were said "to potentially push chemicals deep into the lungs". Okay, so what do I safely use on my kids. I'm sure many studies were done before these came on the market?

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Yes aparently that's exactly what it is. I could understand doing it during the actual baby shower but it's an excuse to have another party in most cases... They usually do something like ice a coloured cake. When you cut it to serve it will be pink for a girl or blue for a boy. Some parents even get them to write it down in a sealed envelope that they give to a baker and find out the gender at the same time as their guests. (I wanted to know asap so I wouldn't have been able to do that lol.) It's just a new trendy gift grab in my opinion and I wouldn't have one... I honestly don't even know anyone who had one lol
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A cousin of mine had one but it was only both sets of parents who were the guests then it was posted to social media. I suppose if I were pregnant and had one it could be family and friends, but as a pot luck so no one was really out anything and no gifts.
    francine1985 and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Multiple rants

no comp at the moment...using my ipad (I hate typing on here takes forever) have to update iOS but would mean clearing out storage , hence not having a computer....

Anyway, one of my long time friends is preg for the first time. I'm happy for her and all that jazz but she's become rather irritating . She posted something (maybe being hormonal) about how friends disappear once you get pregnant and thanked a baby-less friend for being by her side.
    Meanwhile, me ,being pregnant and having a child 5+ years, she never asked for help, advise, nothing.

Pregnant?!?! Congrats!
    toronto166 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've been invited to gender reveal parties asking for gifts, and then the actual baby shower a couple months later. And the same person got pissed off when I met the baby that I didn't bring a gift then too.
    Some people will do anything for presents and attention.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Pregnant?!?! Congrats!
    I didn't know either - congrats, Candini!
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Noooo I'm not pregnant!! lol I meant like being preg , giving birth and raising a kid. DD is four. Haha. I posted late, was ticked and tired, clearly not making any sense

There's more to the rant than mentioned, I would be here all afternoon. Basically if I were to say its a beautiful day the sky is blue she would be all over that. Very dogmatic.
    Last edited by Candini; Sun, May 24th, 2015 at 03:51 PM.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

(I apologize for multiple posts still typing on a gadget)
    The 3D ultrasound I offered to buy as a gift. She declined because she was not interested. The gender reveal party concept is a bit much but she said she would reveal to social media and thst i would get a text because " its more personal " I might also add we don't live miles away from each other.
    Last edited by Candini; Sun, May 24th, 2015 at 03:49 PM.

Thread Information