User Tag List

Page 372 of 654 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

People who make assumptions about my life and my choices when they don't know jack all about me!!!

BUZZ OFF
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    My coworker went on vacation so I've been doing 2 people's jobs the last 2 weeks. I've been working 12 hour days and I'm exhausted.

She definitely deserves a vacation. She works really hard

But what I hate is how coworkers talk about how hard she works and needs a vacation, and like my job doesn't matter

Meanwhile I have taken 2 days off the entire year (one was for a wedding, so it wasn't even a break). Not even one sick day. Why does nobody tell me how hard I work and how much I deserve a vacation? I can't even go on vacation until October because we're too busy.
    You work so hard torontogal and surely are appreciated. Maybe they worry things will fall apart if they let you go away for more than a day...
    torontogal12, wolfwoman and dededi like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm going to lose it! DH freaked because he opened the wrong side of the pepper cap and dumped a load of pepper on his food. Some how this is my fault because he can't look before shaking. Well I fixed that!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wolfie, we should now call you, "Dr.'d Pepper."

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

my child has been in her classroom for 3 days.. 3 DAYS and she has already had one of her crayons stolen! the gold crayon.. and i labelled every single crayon in the box with her name (all 64 of them!) and it's not like you can just go out and buy a gold crayon to replace it you have to buy the BIG box

i did warn her that people might covet her box of crayons (being a 64 pack vrs the regular 24 pack) but dang only 3 days into class?!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well ...to be fair, the "non club pack" varieties don't have that problem

Still, this is a good candidate for 1st world problems

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I'm going to lose it! DH freaked because he opened the wrong side of the pepper cap and dumped a load of pepper on his food. Some how this is my fault because he can't look before shaking. Well I fixed that!
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

2 rants:

1.) DD and DS got letters sent home from class today, and a section of it outlines the need for no nuts (but it does say there are no nut allergies in their class, at least), and a line about not bringing food-related snacks for birthdays (they suggest toys or a book for the classroom). At the end of the paragraph, to the side, is a nut-free symbol and it says, 'no WOW Butter, as well'. DH takes it to mean no WOW Butter snacks? I'm reading it as they are banning WOW Butter in the class, period. If I am right, I am going to create a BIG stink. I already have issues getting DD to eat at school (she nibbles and comes home with the majority of her food), and if they take the ONE thing she will actually eat, I will be MAD. There is NO reason to take it! I use the stickers that come on the jar, or the few times we've run out, I've labeled the bag clearly with a sharpie. No excuse to take it away!

2.) DD is an SK and DS is a JK. They are in the same class. I requested this for a few reasons, one of them being DD has social anxiety and being around DS gets her to talk to others more (she likes to 'show him off' and boss him around a bit, but at least she's talking). And the biggest reasons I has for DS was that he's hard to understand (speech delayed, like DD, but she can translate for him pretty well) and that he is VERY attached to her. When she left the daycare for JK (and they were in different classes there) he knew she was gone and was so DEPRESSED. He's been sitting with her at lunch, and she's been trying to make him sit away from her (and she went Tuesday, which he did not, today was his third day), DD is mad he's so close to her. But he's SCARED, and EMBARRASSED. I am so disappointed in her.. I told her, I understand, she wants to be away from him, but it's only been 3 days. Right now, he needs her. She's always bragging about how she 'helps take care of him', but I'm really asking her to be there for him right now, and she's being just plain mean. He's been crying every afternoon, and when she says she wants him to be switched, he gets so so sad, and says, "Please, no, I love you." It's breaking my heart....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    my child has been in her classroom for 3 days.. 3 DAYS and she has already had one of her crayons stolen! the gold crayon.. and i labelled every single crayon in the box with her name (all 64 of them!) and it's not like you can just go out and buy a gold crayon to replace it you have to buy the BIG box

i did warn her that people might covet her box of crayons (being a 64 pack vrs the regular 24 pack) but dang only 3 days into class?!
    i to have a disappearing 64 pack years and years and years ago.One kid would borrow a crayon then they loan it to another kid and they would loan it then they would loan it etc.I landed up getting in trouble a few times for walking around the classroom trying to retrieve my crayons,Best bet is to get a regular 24 pack and use the 64 pack for home.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I ran around Thursday morning trying to get all the supplies on DD's list (that she brought home Wednesday night). Open and label everything and get it all ready.

Then she comes home Thursday and she's been moved to the other class (straight grade 1 - yay!) and the supply list for that class only asks for a box of kleenex, baby wipes, and indoor running shoes (anything else needed will be provided by the school).

Not sure why there's such a different between the two classes (the 1/2 class asked for crayons, washable markers, pencil crayons, 5 good quality pencils per month, erasers, pencil sharpener with cover, 30cm ruler, extra large glue stick, scissors, extra large pencil case that will hold everything, and a calculator).

Wasted a morning and a bunch of mabels labels but I guess now we have loads of supplies when she needs them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    2 rants:

1.) DD and DS got letters sent home from class today, and a section of it outlines the need for no nuts (but it does say there are no nut allergies in their class, at least), and a line about not bringing food-related snacks for birthdays (they suggest toys or a book for the classroom). At the end of the paragraph, to the side, is a nut-free symbol and it says, 'no WOW Butter, as well'. DH takes it to mean no WOW Butter snacks? I'm reading it as they are banning WOW Butter in the class, period. If I am right, I am going to create a BIG stink. I already have issues getting DD to eat at school (she nibbles and comes home with the majority of her food), and if they take the ONE thing she will actually eat, I will be MAD. There is NO reason to take it! I use the stickers that come on the jar, or the few times we've run out, I've labeled the bag clearly with a sharpie. No excuse to take it away!

2.) DD is an SK and DS is a JK. They are in the same class. I requested this for a few reasons, one of them being DD has social anxiety and being around DS gets her to talk to others more (she likes to 'show him off' and boss him around a bit, but at least she's talking). And the biggest reasons I has for DS was that he's hard to understand (speech delayed, like DD, but she can translate for him pretty well) and that he is VERY attached to her. When she left the daycare for JK (and they were in different classes there) he knew she was gone and was so DEPRESSED. He's been sitting with her at lunch, and she's been trying to make him sit away from her (and she went Tuesday, which he did not, today was his third day), DD is mad he's so close to her. But he's SCARED, and EMBARRASSED. I am so disappointed in her.. I told her, I understand, she wants to be away from him, but it's only been 3 days. Right now, he needs her. She's always bragging about how she 'helps take care of him', but I'm really asking her to be there for him right now, and she's being just plain mean. He's been crying every afternoon, and when she says she wants him to be switched, he gets so so sad, and says, "Please, no, I love you." It's breaking my heart....
    The schools around here ban WOW butter and WOW butter snacks as well. Even though it's peanut free there's an ingredient that can mimic something in peanut butter that can cause kids with severe peanut allergies to go into shock. Or at least that's what it says on the letters they've sent home for the past 3 years.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I ran around Thursday morning trying to get all the supplies on DD's list (that she brought home Wednesday night). Open and label everything and get it all ready.

Then she comes home Thursday and she's been moved to the other class (straight grade 1 - yay!) and the supply list for that class only asks for a box of kleenex, baby wipes, and indoor running shoes (anything else needed will be provided by the school).

Not sure why there's such a different between the two classes (the 1/2 class asked for crayons, washable markers, pencil crayons, 5 good quality pencils per month, erasers, pencil sharpener with cover, 30cm ruler, extra large glue stick, scissors, extra large pencil case that will hold everything, and a calculator).

Wasted a morning and a bunch of mabels labels but I guess now we have loads of supplies when she needs them.
    The same thing happened with dd's school(grade 7). They sent home a list of stuff they needed in the spring at orientation, which I got before school started because I didn't want to be running around the first week of school grabbing it. Tuesday they sent home another list and other than pencils and binders(that HAVE to be black and dd picked out pretty ones), nothing else was on the original list.
    This school is not making me happy so far.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@goddess ....when in doubt, best to err on the safe side. Most school emphasize the "no nuts" point, and you would want your kids to be the one at the center of it would you? It's one of those notes that everyone's interpretation is going to be different just because of what they want to do anyway.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    The schools around here ban WOW butter and WOW butter snacks as well. Even though it's peanut free there's an ingredient that can mimic something in peanut butter that can cause kids with severe peanut allergies to go into shock. Or at least that's what it says on the letters they've sent home for the past 3 years.

I think that's a load of crap. Wow butter is soy. Kids might have an allergy to soy, fine. But soy does not mimic peanuts. It's a completely different allergen. If they want to make the job easier for the adults who can't tell the difference by looking at the sandwiches, (like in this article http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/bans...ents-1.2023653) fine, but don't spread false info about how allergies work. Allergies are confusing to non-allergic people as it is. both me and my husband were both allergic kids and had to correct people over and over our entire childhoods. DH still has to avoid food at parties because of his allergy and gets stupid comments from people who don't understand. He's almost 40. I hope schools make it easier on the kids by explaining the truth
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Sep 12th, 2015 at 10:10 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I read your #2 problem and it reminded me of this article. It might help with your kids situation. It is about twins in classrooms, but it sounds like your kids are also very close in age http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...at-school.html
    Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    2 rants:

thriftygranny likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Sorry for the delay in responding, life got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    - People that have cats and dogs, tend not to be able to pick up smell, so am not surprised to hear this. I mean thin body odour (BO) when someone has this, and you get the gist.

I don't all that Dr Do-Little malarky
    I suppose I should have said "wet dog scent", what most folks mean when referring to the smell of critters in a home.

I once had a tradesman come in to do some annual maintenance. I had warned the company that I have pets and they seemed fine with it. When the fellow came to the door, the dog barked (so he knew she was there). He was fine with her doing her nosy helpful thing (I offered to keep her away) and spent the 20 minutes he was there grousing about cats - how he could smell a home with cats a mile away. He even commented that my home didn't have the dog smell. He turned red when he was leaving and the cat came out and made his presence known.
    Crochetlady and lecale like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Thread Information