User Tag List

Page 548 of 654 FirstFirst ... 48 448 498 538 546 547 548 549 550 558 598 648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

People that think their dr google degree is a legit thing... ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

What is wrong with people?????? Found a 2 month old kitten this morning at the mailbox, half frozen! Took him in, warmed him up and fed him. Took him to the humane society for vet care and adoption. We thought about keeping him but are unable to. Why would people dump an animal?? I guess I just don't get it.

Update: Kitten has had surgery and a pin inserted into the broken bone in her leg. Another surgery is scheduled for 3 weeks from now and perhaps the pin will be removed then. She is recovering slowly and we have adopted her.
    Last edited by Tweets77; Sun, Feb 5th, 2017 at 11:14 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    What is wrong with people?????? Found a 2 month old kitten this morning at the mailbox, half frozen! Took him in, warmed him up and fed him. Took him to the humane society for vet care and adoption. We thought about keeping him but are unable to. Why would people dump an animal?? I guess I just don't get it.
    what??? @Tweets77 you mean someone left a kitten in YOUR mailbox? I'd be crying right away if I found it. Wonderful that you cared for it and got it to a safe place to be scooped up into a forever home.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Oh, bless you for doing that!

People who dump animals are just sick pukes.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

[QUOTE=Natalka;6739767]Oh, bless you for doing that!

People who dump animals are just sick pukes.[/QUOIf I could have a superpower, it would be to save every animal in the world ( wild included) and to punish people who hurt them.

My rant is receiving a letter from Revenue Canada saying we owe an additional 15,000.00 from 2015 taxes. It turns out the employer messed up and now we are stuck cleaning up this mess.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

[QUOTE=wolfwoman;6740118]
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, bless you for doing that!

People who dump animals are just sick pukes.[/QUOIf I could have a superpower, it would be to save every animal in the world ( wild included) and to punish people who hurt them.

My rant is receiving a letter from Revenue Canada saying we owe an additional 15,000.00 from 2015 taxes. It turns out the employer messed up and now we are stuck cleaning up this mess.
    That employer just lost all credibility. How did such a sum get overlooked? I'd be wanting to see that file to see if more than one provincial jurisdiction was checked on DH's account (so no tax gets deducted). That happened to me (part-time job and both QC and ON were checked-the four months I had first worked had no tax deducted on my pay slips) but not to the same dollar value you and DH now are facing. See if there are any tax credits that can be applied against that bill.

Also find out if employer "forgot" to deduct taxes at source (check pay slips to see if other deductions were made for EI/CPP and any other regular deductions) if company reclassified DH as a contractor. If so, then DH has a leg to stand on and claim expenses as a contractor. But hard bagel toss and then some to the employer.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2017 at 11:34 AM.
    barbis9 and toronto166 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Worked with a coworker today who had symptoms of strep throat - I haven`t been sick all winter and now I feel it coming on.

If you`re sick, STAY HOME. Why tf do people do this. I have the worst immune system with auto immune disorders let alone picking up others colds and God knows what else.
    barbis9, Ciel, Lyssia510 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I was at work and a guy asked what I am going to do after work. I said, I would play video games. According to him, 'girls should not play video game' etc.

I bluntly told me that "I like shooting people and I can only do that in video games'.

Now I think about what I said... I think I crept an old guy. Oopsy!
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 4 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Worked with a coworker today who had symptoms of strep throat - I haven`t been sick all winter and now I feel it coming on.

If you`re sick, STAY HOME. Why tf do people do this. I have the worst immune system with auto immune disorders let alone picking up others colds and God knows what else.
    To be fair it's not really the co workers fault (entirely anyway) I think companies need to be way more understanding as well! Example if you don't get paid sick days it's really hard to miss a day for some people. I'm a stay at home mom and my husband is our main income earner. Him missing a day hits us hard because he isn't paid. I was never paid for sick days before I left my job either. So it makes the decision really hard for some. Anyway not to poop on your parade lol! But businesses need to do a better job at encouraging their workers to stay home!

On a side note! I drink this tea that I swear by! I use decaf green tea (you could use caffeinated as well) 3 slices of fresh lemon, a dash of cinnamon and a tsp of RAW honey. (Loblaws sells it in the natural foods area) I drink like 4 a day when I'm sick and I swear it makes it go away! Lol my hubby got so sick two weeks ago and I got a little throats tickle and then gone. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have a friend who needs a docs note for even one day off or they get written up. Ever tried getting a same day doc visit for flu etc?

I refuse to meet her at work because they all go to work sick unless they are so sick they need a week off and a docs visit anyway.
    saundyl, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

My employer asks for doctors notes as well, which cost $20. Also next to impossible to get same day appointment for that.

Even if you`re in financial crisis and can`t afford to miss a day, strep throat is highly contagious. Slightly different than just a little cough and sniffles.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i just came from the value village on Clappisons corners....i cant get over the prices! i wanted a thin spring jacket...saw 2 i liked, both were $17.99 ;-( WTH?

i didnt recognize the brands either. Now i know why i only shop on sale days!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 5 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Imho, maybe they need more crayons and Play Doh in the White House.....every day a new Drama!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My rant is simple---I really dislike people making stupid remarks about my finances. My DH needs a new power wheelchair. We picked the cheapest one we could, almost $12,000. Our insurance says must apply to ADP, then get doctors note (plus paperwork$30), but now they say no coverage because it has not been 5 years since his last chair--it was a manual chair that has been repaired 5 times. I explained that his shoulder damage now requires a power chair. They say makes no difference. So, we are paying for it ourselves, because, my dh is not sitting in bed for 11 more months--until the 5 years are done. We paid $350 for an occupational therapist evaluation as required by ADP (assistive devices), and have applied (also once every 5 years), hopefully they will agree. Even if they agree, we will still be paying a percentage, about $4000--stupid stuff is not covered, like the 2 batteries--$960!
    But what has enraged me was some saying 'what's the problem? Disabled people get all their stuff free. You got your van free, didn't you? I thought I did really well not screaming. I said we paid the $65000 our van and wheelchair lift all by ourselves. AND we pay everything ourselves. Who did you think pays? Their response, well, there must be funding for people like your DH. Really? Then you tell me where. Really, free money?
    I have stopped the screaming inside my head---for today. I haven't got the wheelchair yet, just ordered Friday. Hoping it will get covered by adp and only cost $4000. Wish me luck.
    thanks for letting me rant--I fell better already.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-people that douse themselves with tooo much cologne -really - I was standing in line the gentleman behind me must have thought he was George Clooney -grey haired, dressed up which is fine but please don't douse your cologne or perfume as much -ugggg - I started coughing not from a cold but from him -thanks for listening

Thread Information