User Tag List

Page 549 of 654 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 599 649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -people that douse themselves with tooo much cologne -really - I was standing in line the gentleman behind me must have thought he was George Clooney -grey haired, dressed up which is fine but please don't douse your cologne or perfume as much -ugggg - I started coughing not from a cold but from him -thanks for listening
    dh is highly sensitive to scents and I can't tell you the number of times we have had to go home because he has a headache from someone who has doused themselves in perfume. The elevator on a cruise ship is the worst. All these little old ladies with no sense of smell just reeking of perfume. We have had to get immediately off the elevator to try to avoid a headache. Wish people would be more considerate with regards to scents.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Imho, maybe they need more crayons and Play Doh in the White House.....every day a new Drama!!

From the wise Thea Vidale - Nothing more in that briefcase than a coloring book and a sippy cup.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@olivercat -you have a valid point asking others where this free money they keep talking about can be applied for. Or ask them to cover the batteries fee out of the goodness of their heart so you won't have to. That will help the busybodies to find another topic.
    I had not realized you got the van and the lift-I know this has taken years of saving and planning (from your past posts) so that DH can have his mobility needs met. Great job by the both of you!
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    dh is highly sensitive to scents and I can't tell you the number of times we have had to go home because he has a headache from someone who has doused themselves in perfume. The elevator on a cruise ship is the worst. All these little old ladies with no sense of smell just reeking of perfume. We have had to get immediately off the elevator to try to avoid a headache. Wish people would be more considerate with regards to scents.
    It's not just perfume/scented personal care products. I noticed a bank branch in big box area has posted a notice on the door about someone (employee) with peanut allergies that even the scent of peanuts is an issue and not to consume peanut products prior to entering the bank.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You know..... I feel for people with severe allergies. No one in my house has any allergies so we don't know exactly what they go through but this is absolutely ridiculous. You can't ask the public to not eat a certain item before coming through the doors. Don't get me started on peanut allergies and the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    It's not just perfume/scented personal care products. I noticed a bank branch in big box area has posted a notice on the door about someone (employee) with peanut allergies that even the scent of peanuts is an issue and not to consume peanut products prior to entering the bank.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

@olivercat -you have a valid point asking others where this free money they keep talking about can be applied for. Or ask them to cover the batteries fee out of the goodness of their heart so you won't have to. That will help the busybodies to find another topic.
    I had not realized you got the van and the lift-I know this has taken years of saving and planning (from your past posts) so that DH can have his mobility needs met. Great job by the both of you!
    Zero funding, but, yes, we got a van with a great working lift. My hubby had an opportunity to go for a drive see the Christmas lights at night this year. I think the phrase is 'I owe, I owe, so it is off to work I go', but I do not care, my hubby smiles more now, and that's all I care about. Smartcanucks has been a great help, because of all the money saving info, coupon info, etc. And being able to rant sometimes, without letting my hubby know upset I am, helps an awful lot.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

OMG!!!! I requested paperwork for mortgage protection in October and I still haven't received anything. I went into the bank today and talked to our mortgage officer. And she got on the phone to rattle the cage and told me not to worry that she would take care of it. Within 1 hour, she had papers in her hand and ready for me. Why couldn't the insurance company do that for me? Jerks!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    My rant is simple---I really dislike people making stupid remarks about my finances. My DH needs a new power wheelchair. We picked the cheapest one we could, almost $12,000. Our insurance says must apply to ADP, then get doctors note (plus paperwork$30), but now they say no coverage because it has not been 5 years since his last chair--it was a manual chair that has been repaired 5 times. I explained that his shoulder damage now requires a power chair. They say makes no difference. So, we are paying for it ourselves, because, my dh is not sitting in bed for 11 more months--until the 5 years are done. We paid $350 for an occupational therapist evaluation as required by ADP (assistive devices), and have applied (also once every 5 years), hopefully they will agree. Even if they agree, we will still be paying a percentage, about $4000--stupid stuff is not covered, like the 2 batteries--$960!
    But what has enraged me was some saying 'what's the problem? Disabled people get all their stuff free. You got your van free, didn't you? I thought I did really well not screaming. I said we paid the $65000 our van and wheelchair lift all by ourselves. AND we pay everything ourselves. Who did you think pays? Their response, well, there must be funding for people like your DH. Really? Then you tell me where. Really, free money?
    I have stopped the screaming inside my head---for today. I haven't got the wheelchair yet, just ordered Friday. Hoping it will get covered by adp and only cost $4000. Wish me luck.
    thanks for letting me rant--I fell better already.

Some people are so rude olivecat !! If they went through half what your going through ..,they would think before they open their mouths.. what makes people think every thing is free ... nothing is free .. omg !! I hope and pray that everything works out good for you and your darling husband sweetie. take good care yourself.. don't listen to those rude ignorant people...they don't care who's feeling they hurt 😭 😭❤️❤️
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rain>regular, bit of freezing, regular that goes on and on. OK,Mother Nature you will really melt those pieces of ice from the downspouts I shook out over the weekend. I get it. Turn off the waterworks-too many sirens today.
    (Incentive to look at travel sites for seat sales as a distraction-cloud surfing, that's all.)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    What is wrong with people?????? Found a 2 month old kitten this morning at the mailbox, half frozen! Took him in, warmed him up and fed him. Took him to the humane society for vet care and adoption. We thought about keeping him but are unable to. Why would people dump an animal?? I guess I just don't get it.

Update: Kitten has had surgery and a pin inserted into the broken bone in her leg. Another surgery is scheduled for 3 weeks from now and perhaps the pin will be removed then. She is recovering slowly and we have adopted her.
    So glad that you saved this kitten's life. Please post a photo.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ALL freezing rain here. Still raining. Will it ever stop? Stay tuned......

Rain>regular, bit of freezing, regular that goes on and on. OK,Mother Nature you will really melt those pieces of ice from the downspouts I shook out over the weekend. I get it. Turn off the waterworks-too many sirens today.
    (Incentive to look at travel sites for seat sales as a distraction-cloud surfing, that's all.)

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Went to RCSS last night. Went to work this morning in the daylight and noticed a 7 inch long, 4 inch deep checkmark shaped scuff on my driver side door panel. Plus it is visibly dented.
    No note.
    The person that did this would have known how hard they hit my car. I am still fuming...

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

^ That happened to me a couple years ago - huge soccer ball sized dent in the side of the trunk from someone backing out and cut it way too close. No note left either.

Sad thing is - people don't give a sh*t

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    Went to RCSS last night. Went to work this morning in the daylight and noticed a 7 inch long, 4 inch deep checkmark shaped scuff on my driver side door panel. Plus it is visibly dented.
    No note.
    The person that did this would have known how hard they hit my car. I am still fuming...
    A couple of years ago..I'd parked well away from other cars in Sprawl*mart ..When I came back , there was another car with a huge rusty dent. The driver was claiming I'd smashed into her car and was trying to claim compensation from me..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    A couple of years ago..I'd parked well away from other cars in Sprawl*mart ..When I came back , there was another car with a huge rusty dent. The driver was claiming I'd smashed into her car and was trying to claim compensation from me..
    Your incident proves that road scams are in shopping parking lots too.

Thread Information