User Tag List

Page 568 of 654 FirstFirst ... 68 468 518 558 566 567 568 569 570 578 618 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Someone in the area last night had too much holiday spirit and had fireworks going off from 10:30pm to almost 11:30pm. Then Mother Nature came through with the evening rain forecast and started the rain. No more after 11pm fireworks (City bylaw limits things to 11pm). Way to go, Mother Nature! (Next time, start the downpours just before 11pm.)
    Ugh, us too. They started around 9:30 or so and ran for about an hour. So annoying.
    Ciel and Candini like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not so sure I have any issue with the Passport application. I just did mine and it was a snap. Found it online, filled it in digitally, printed it. Went to Service Canada (with a quick stop in at Costco to get pics done for $8 on my way to Service Canada...) They look it over, suggest edits, and they send it off and give you a file #. I just sent mine off two weeks ago and got it in the mail today... regular speed (no express request, etc) -- and I live in NB.

My only REAL beef is that they don't take the photos right at Service Canada. Instead, they want you to go ELSEWHERE to get a photo taken and then complain when it doesnt measure up to their standard/template (although not this time). The DMV takes your photo for your drivers license... so why not take your passport photos at SC? What would be the issue with that? Then it's done right... then it's current... then it doesnt get lost, etc... Sure, if you want to mail it yourself, fine... get them at Costco, or wherever, but I think SC would at least be able to do them for you too.
    Ciel, walkonby and Candini like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    My only REAL beef is that they don't take the photos right at Service Canada. Instead, they want you to go ELSEWHERE to get a photo taken and then complain when it doesnt measure up to their standard/template (although not this time). The DMV takes your photo for your drivers license... so why not take your passport photos at SC? What would be the issue with that? Then it's done right... then it's current... then it doesnt get lost, etc... Sure, if you want to mail it yourself, fine... get them at Costco, or wherever, but I think SC would at least be able to do them for you too.
    I agree it would be so much easier to get photos taken at the passport office. I once wore a white t-shirt at Shoppers, went to the passport office and they rejected the photo as the background was white too. I was so annoyed.....no mention that you need to wear anything but white for the photo....if SC did the photos things would be easier in my opinion.
    Ciel likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

forgot to take out the frying pans that were stored inside the oven.. and i preheat the oven... (this was the 2nd time -_-) now i shouldn't preheat anymore in case i forget to check ... and today, metro sold out of the natrel lactose free milk that was on sale - had to go back to another store to buy it (paid $1 extra.. not too bad but i really wished i had visited metro earlier)... same as shoppers (no stock on the last day).... it seems like nothing will be in stock when you go on the last day of the sale/flyer.

in terms of passport pictures, i usually wear dark tops so it won't cause reflections etc. go for the 10-yr passport so you don't have to go through it again for a while lol.
    Last edited by Aquaria; Wed, May 24th, 2017 at 11:11 PM.
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Postive rant-the hook end of a Vileda mop handle makes a handy tool for fishing the darn wire whisk insert in the too small openings of the downpart of the eavestroughs! Yes, I rallied the stepladders in order to find out why three spots are always waterfalling in hard rain. Seems those wire inserts, once spruce needles huddle against it, make a wall for water to build against. The water level on one side of the house was nearly level with top edge of trough. The other side had a water level 2/3 full in relation to eave depth.

Negative rant-someone wasted money on those "new" eaves last year. The old ones at least had openings about as wide as the eaves at least. Should have spent the money cutting down spruce trees instead.
    walkonby and Durham Couponer like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    forgot to take out the frying pans that were stored inside the oven.. and i preheat the oven... (this was the 2nd time -_-) now i shouldn't preheat anymore in case i forget to check ... and today, metro sold out of the natrel lactose free milk that was on sale - had to go back to another store to buy it (paid $1 extra.. not too bad but i really wished i had visited metro earlier)... same as shoppers (no stock on the last day).... it seems like nothing will be in stock when you go on the last day of the sale/flyer.

in terms of passport pictures, i usually wear dark tops so it won't cause reflections etc. go for the 10-yr passport so you don't have to go through it again for a while lol.
    hope Metro gave you a raincheck for the Natrel

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lost coupon I was picking up the prana chocolate thins and I probably lost the coupon by mistake when it's the end of the day and I tossed out flyers and free newspapers in the city might have lost the prana coupon that expired later in the year the free one dollar off prana coupon was lost ugh :/
    Ciel, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

having ty neighbors - one upstairs thinks its OK to play loud guitar music at 930am causing me to have a migraine all day and even today its still there. then Mr middle age neighbor who thinks he is in a band singing badly to The Who until 9pm last night making my migraine even worse. Now I have to go to the dentist for the first time in years, then come home to decide if its time for my 18 yrs old cat with a mouth tumor to leave us....need to move to another apt..

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No friggin' CLUE what to get the girl for her birthday. She's not giving us any ideas. Every couple of days for the past few weeks I've been asking, what do you want? I get the standard 'I don't know.' The closer the day gets the more bummed out about it she gets.
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cannot abide by people who do not take their jobs seriously ... I understand that some do not make alot but dammit if you are going to do a job then damn well DO IT!!! Tired of two situations today where service personnel did not give a damn and in one case damaged an item on my property, knew it, and said nothing!! Caught it fast enough to have the manager of said person promise to replace at their cost but that is not the point ... bottom line ... DAMMIT DO WHAT YOU ARE PAID TO DO OR DO NOT DO THE JOB!!!!! end of rant!
    Ciel, GoJays and Linda Evans like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    No friggin' CLUE what to get the girl for her birthday. She's not giving us any ideas. Every couple of days for the past few weeks I've been asking, what do you want? I get the standard 'I don't know.' The closer the day gets the more bummed out about it she gets.
    Hate to ask, but is the all generic gift card appropriate?
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Better get me gift card than buy something that i dont like and either have to return it or keep it.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Nope
    Last edited by GoJays; Fri, Jun 2nd, 2017 at 06:19 PM.
    Ciel, Candini and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

How old is she, Jays?
    Ciel and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Wanting to move, not wanting to do the homework for it. (You know, the responsible adult part of it)
    Natalka, Ciel, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Thread Information