User Tag List

Page 572 of 654 FirstFirst ... 72 472 522 562 570 571 572 573 574 582 622 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-this summer is going be hard a hard one for hubby and I -we are gonna try to be happy
    1st beef -my son-in-law who I thought was perfect is not -don't wish to get into it but has turned my daughters life upsidedown (thank goodness she has the support of us and friends )oh and thankgoodness she is on mat leave so she can heal a little before work in the fall(she is separated and heading down the road will be divorce
    2nd beef -so tired of getting sick from my dear little granddaughter age 3 and a half(as I babysit her 3 days a week) currently have broncitus(day 8)starting to feel a bit better and I am going away soon for a few days vacay with family
    Ciel, macw1960, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My not-quite-6 week old has had his first cold for a few days now, and besides the complete lack of sleep it causes me, I hate seeing and hearing him like this...
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

my e-mail company(rhymes with hell-on-line) has to send me forms by post so I can change the acct holders name so I can access my accts.

I'm told they will take 7-10 business days to get to me...

And then I have to send them back by post..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

When people think of US education is inferior than UK and Europe and 'med school is same as third work country'...Yes as if med schools accept students with overall GPA less than 85%!!!
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Sent dh to the store with 2*b1g1free 1 day only cheerio coupons. He comes home and tells me he only used 1 coupon because there were only 3 boxes of maple Cheerios left. I asked him if he at least left the 2nd coupon for someone else to use... Nope. I would rather leave the other coupon for a chance that someone else could use it instead of throwing it in the garbage.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-going away for a few days -so I ask hubby to try on summer pants-nope don't fit -his bathing trunks that are a large -nope don't fit either -so thank goodness I bought him a bathing suit in march from old navy online (he hates shopping ) made him on his way home from work today go into winners he got izod sunglasses 14.99 as he broke a wire pair last week-lol
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    my e-mail company(rhymes with hell-on-line) has to send me forms by post so I can change the acct holders name so I can access my accts.

Darn-I would think the retail storefronts might help expedite the process if you were able to submit forms through them so they could update your account right then and there with completed forms (then store staff could use internal mail to get forms to wherever they need to go).
    Actually, there are so many entities that stipulate written and mailed forms as conditions of share redemption (co-ops), changing accounts, and so on. Too bad there are seldom humans to see in real life to deal with these changes.
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Hugs... When hubby passed away I had to first fax, then mail the death certificate to Rogers and Telus to change it over to my name. Then Telus was like sorry no seal on the death certificate - I said "f" that and hubbys work had their lawyer draw up this document saying he died, and when and finally after monthsssss - it was done. He passed in April and by Sept it was done to my name....stupid stupid stupid

But when my mom passed away 5 years ago (this was in NS) my dad just called, said she passed and it was all done in his name - zero paper work and zero anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post

Last edited by anastasia1009; Sun, Jul 2nd, 2017 at 10:17 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DH walked doggies early today, notices smoke and sees the goofball residents in the area had left their fireworks litter STILL smoldering on a pile of wood-chips under the kids playground equipment. He had to come back home, take a container of water over and douse the smoking pile. Then he stirred it a bit and saw a book was in there, so he thinks it must have been some teens " burnin sh*t " for fun.
    Happy Canada Day eh?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

In the USA for Canada Day. In Canada for Independence Day. Missed them both this year.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    In the USA for Canada Day. In Canada for Independence Day. Missed them both this year.
    Mr P had that problem , frequently while traveling. And Thanksgiving...I remember one time he couldn't get back to Canada due to the US Thanksgiving travelers hogging the planes...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So my nice white one-year-old truck has rail dust rust spots over the entire surface. I missed the warranty by two months. I've researched the hell out of this and finally found a product that is made specifically for this problem. I. Can't. Get. It. In. Any. Store. As far as I can tell, my options are Ebay or Amazon. Now I have to either pay the dealership to do it or call an automotive detailer. FFS.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Really starting to hate this house that I am living in for my time here at university...

-No dishwasher like I had at my last place, meaning time wasted washing dishes in a sink that doesn't cooperate with me whatsoever

-No A/C meaning that if it gets to unbearable temperatures, I am forced to retreat to my university campus to stay cool with the buses that have horrible times and even the campus right now (where i go normally closes at 9 mon-thurs and 5 fri-sun)

-The place was left in a horrible state by the last tenants of the place, they didn't bother to keep it clean and the landlord won't do anything about it

-Whomever lived here last left the green bins in a horrid state, so i decided to try to clean them today and was using the outdoor tap to rinse it out and it got stuck on full blast and i couldn't shut it off, thank goodness my roommate was able to help me get the thing shut off and of course there was a hassle in that too, the stupid tap is broken now

I'm really starting to regret picking this place now and i'm stuck here until next april, wishing i had tried to get back the place i was living in before, only $400/month (compared to $465 here), with a dishwasher, a/c, great roommates and right next to the mall too!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@johnb56789 -I suggest you invest in a Vileda red pail. I usually fill it up with warm water from the laundry sink and a dash of liquid hand soap or dish soap to slosh on and into our green bins to freshen them up. Sometimes in the rinse pail, I add a splash of bleach to quell any black mold or mildew wanting to make a comeback.

You are definitely going to maximize your one plate one bowl and one pot options to keep daily dishwashing minimal. As for lack of A/C, I saw a tip about a bucket of ice with an oscillating fan used to pass over the bucket to blow cold air into a room. Might work for you if outdoors is not breezy enough. Hope your room has curtains lined with blackout fabric-they help block heat from a bright sun during summer while windows are open.

Summer semester aka spring semester students definitely don't have the same long service hours for computer labs and campus amenities (almost everything closes at 4:30pm)as the other students have in fall and winter semesters. I know what you mean by summer bus service hours-Hamilton has that same issue with buses going to McMaster and College in late spring/summer.

My rant today-I don't see mention of Alumni access to Mohawk college's new student portal. The old one allowed grads/CE students to keep their portal accounts active if used after courses were done. But I have not had e-mail access and new portal only refers to students and staff. Have to find out what changed.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can usually exchange bins or ask for new ones from the City if you are a new tenant
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Thread Information