User Tag List

Page 575 of 654 FirstFirst ... 75 475 525 565 573 574 575 576 577 585 625 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

rough week... leg hurt (prob cause not wearing my insole that only fits my old shoes (i wore new running shoes for some weeks) - had to switch back to my old tearing up shoes for comfort), i might have fish bone stuck into gum (i felt the impace but then i don't think i got it out. i flossed and then it became sore so i don't know if it's because of that.. now that area isn't sore.. so i don't know...) .. when no metropass to drop by loblaws on wedn for the dave killer bread - so i tried on rcss on thurs - but my bus never came (it was really late and after i crossed the road a few mins later, the bus came. i took it as a sign to just go home. so i missed out on the free bread (I had to buy later in the week because i had just restock on bread before i saw the dave killer bread offer).
    then today i went freshco to get the prime chicken thighs. no stock, but they have a cheaper substitute - i took one. and my monthly thing decides to come early. lovely.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    making your cat vegan - friend is the UK is making their cat vegan - that should be abuse.....
    I'm going to have to side with you on that one... a big Texas sized 10-4.

Before I rant, let me just say, I'm not an activist in this manner. In fact, I dont own pets, and never plan to... much less a cat. Cats come from a special place in Hell as far as I'm concerned, and when they die, I'm sure they go back there and get recycled and sent back to our realm. However, I don't ever wish harm or death to any animal, cats included. Just so long as we're all clear on that...

[rant]

Veganism is 99.95% choice. The rare instance someone reverts to veganism aside from choice is because their body rejects animal enzymes, and quite literally cant stomach them. But otherwise it's a choice... (I joke with my vegan friends who say "I can't eat that..." by replying, "no, you can... but you WON'T eat it.", emphasizing that it's their choice, not a handicap -- but I digress.)

And it's a choice that's due to their conscious decision of morals (be it religious or just plain scruples). Should you or shouldnt you eat the flesh and other elements of another living creature? ...and if your choice is no, then so be it. But that's where your efforts should end. Unfortunately it also sometimes follows that they will attempt to force or impose those morals on to someone else... their kids, friends, other family, etc. Anyone where they have an influence on food choices. [I'm not saying ALL vegans do, I'm not even saying MOST... but it does happen. (again one of my vegan friends sometimes ask me "How can you eat that?". I say "with a knife and fork... sometimes a little salt & pepper"] However, those other people have the choice to speak up and say "Hey! Where's the beef?!" and object, and make their own choices when they are out feeding on their own.

Sadly, when that vegan attitude transfers to pets... you're now forcing your moral decisions unto an unwilling participant. One that CANT voice their objections, and CANT make their own choices on the matter.

Veganism also requires more effort than just eliminating animal products. It also requires a close monitoring of your health, and state of being. If you start to become deprived of certain proteins and nutrients, your body will tell you in a fitting manner (sluggishness, headaches, what have you) and as a conscious thinking intelligent human being become aware of it, you know that you need to adjust your intake and you need to ensure your body can sustain itself... and you have the ability to do so. Add more soy protein, add more spinach to your diet, cook using a cast-iron pan, what have you. If you have swayed others into veganism (right or wrong, I'm not here to judge that aspect) THEY can say "hey, I don't feel right... I need more 'x' " and they can adjust accordingly as well.

However, good luck getting any of that feedback from a cat.... neither the active choice concerns, nor the communicating it's dietary deprivations. Animal biologies differ from that of humans. Animals of both feline and canine lineage are carnivores in the wild. It's an INSTINCT, not because they are inherently vicious, but because their bodies require certain proteins, enzymes, and nutrients to maintain themselves. They hunt to survive, not because they prefer the taste of meat over berries. Their bodies arent meant to process nearly the same things that ours are, and are far less capable of handling dietary substitutions.

If your pet is missing nutrients and other things that it needs, you wont know it necessarily. It can't tell you that it feels "weak" or deprived. Next thing you know, you come home to a cat that's curled up in a ball behind the couch whining because it's suffering some sort of illness. It can even effect their mental state. It's not healthy for them.

The irony here is, a good portion of veganism falls under the belief that animals are intelligent, moral, and sentient beings, that deserve a higher level of "rights" than society provides them... and yet, those same people strip those rights from their pets by forcing a diet unto them that they were never intended.

You want a 100% vegan lifestyle? They get a vegan pet... an elephant perhaps or a hippo... but don't pin your decisions (or hell, even your dietary handicap, if that's what it is) unto another living creature.

[/rant]
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sat, Jul 22nd, 2017 at 05:39 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@bhlombardy the owners of the" forced vegan cat " better hope that they do not meet with a sudden death and perish in their home because the natural instincts of the beast may just kick in! hee hee....they could feast for months and who could blame them?

I am awful I know, but I did enjoy your entire rant.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @bhlombardy the owners of the" forced vegan cat " better hope that they do not meet with a sudden death and perish in their home because the natural instincts of the beast may just kick in! hee hee....they could feast for months and who could blame them?
    I am awful I know, but I did enjoy your entire rant.
    Actually, no joke... my friend's cat became vicious when it was denied a protein or enzyme found in chicken (i think?)... because there wasnt enough of it in the cat's diet. (it wasnt forced veganism, it was just a dietary oversight). The cat gradually became more and more vicious and DID attack it's owner and guests to her home. it was only later diagnosed when the vet asked my friend about the cat's diet. Giving him whatever it was he was missing apparently fixed the problem.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh wow! you are right, no joking matter.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

her cat has a skin disorder from lack of oils in meat and she just puts vegan topical lotion on the cat. I have a feeling soon her cat will kill the birds she just rescued this week

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Actually, no joke... my friend's cat became vicious when it was denied a protein or enzyme found in chicken (i think?)... because there wasnt enough of it in the cat's diet. (it wasnt forced veganism, it was just a dietary oversight). The cat gradually became more and more vicious and DID attack it's owner and guests to her home. it was only later diagnosed when the vet asked my friend about the cat's diet. Giving him whatever it was he was missing apparently fixed the problem.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by LondonShops View Post
    I went to Walmart Yesterday to buy their Zoe dog food... the beef flavour was on sale for $34.xx So i grabbed it. Went to pay for it and the sweet cashier rang it through as we were chatting (i had my son and his friend with me). It wasn't until after I paid for it that I noticed it hadn't rang up as the sale price but as $38. So i went to Customer Service and told CS that it had rang up wrong. So she takes the receipt and goes check for herself. She then comes back with the shelf sticker that shows that I was right. So she starts refund for me and I notice its only $5.XX, so I ask "don't you guys do SCOPE when price is wrong?" and she replies with "yeah but you have to ask for it." So i stood there for what seemed like 1 minute staring at her and she stared back and I finally said "ok... I'm asking... " she then sighed really hard, and started slamming keyboard hard with her fingers ( and i think i saw a rolling of the eyes) and she refunded me $15.xx. uuuugggghhhhh I don't understand what the big deal was! That is that policy right!!
    Welcome to Group Londonshops !! Hope you have wonderful evening and lovely weekend.. 🍻🍷😘💐
    Ciel, macw1960, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Credit Union called, asked for husband. He wasn't at home, I asked what was up - we have joint everything. Nope, could only talk with him.

He came home, we called - it was to head office - his Global Payment Mastercard was compromised.
    First off, he's ESL though his English is great, he didn't know that word, so asked for an explanation, and she didn't understand what he was asking (phone was on speaker so I could hear) - so finally she explained it more clearly - that there was fraud at the point of sale somewhere. Wouldn't tell where - and that's a part of the rant, as well as just having to go through this.
    Had to order a new card.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When it comes to bureaucrats in any capacity
    ESL applies to them as well. They have a
    language all their own which only they
    and their compatriots can comprehend.
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Credit Union called, asked for husband. He wasn't at home, I asked what was up - we have joint everything. Nope, could only talk with him.

He came home, we called - it was to head office - his Global Payment Mastercard was compromised.
    First off, he's ESL though his English is great, he didn't know that word, so asked for an explanation, and she didn't understand what he was asking (phone was on speaker so I could hear) - so finally she explained it more clearly - that there was fraud at the point of sale somewhere. Wouldn't tell where - and that's a part of the rant, as well as just having to go through this.
    Had to order a new card.
    @Natalka I sure identify with that frustration. We have had 3-4 occasions over the years where one of our cards had been compromised, and in each case they never tell you where it occurred so you can make a mental note to avoid that store in the future.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

When my debit card was "compromised" (I say this as I think it had to do with the fact I did not have a chip card because it was compromised once I got replaced, 2 weeks later it was apparently compromised again and when I went in to get it replaced they girl said "oh you already have a chip card, not sure why you account was frozen again but since your here to be safe I'll give you a new one") I was told it was from using my debit card at a Gas Station which I knew was BS because I always put my gas on my credit card as I was getting bonus cash back for gas purchases at the time.

@Natalka I sure identify with that frustration. We have had 3-4 occasions over the years where one of our cards had been compromised, and in each case they never tell you where it occurred so you can make a mental note to avoid that store in the future.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just throwing my 2-cents in on this subject... The CC company is sound in not specifying WHERE your card was fraudulently used (or attempted).

In their defense, there's nothing that proves that store where the charge was made (or attempted) is responsible for your info being compromised. Nor that you were ever a customer of the store where the infraction took place. Nor that they had any willful part in the infraction.

Knowing where it was used (or attempted to be used) has little to no bearing on how or where it became compromised.

More than likely, your card info was compromised at a coffee shop, or drugstore, or online.. or someplace you've actually used your card. Someone got your info and attempted to use it someplace else. It might happen to be that you've used your card at the place where it was compromised, but again, that doesnt immediately lay blame on that vendor.

The CC company only knows where the infraction took place, not from where your info was stolen. It's for that reason that CC company isn't obligated to disclose where it was used (or attempted) so as not to imply blame on that vendor.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Jul 26th, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I've had to use a bucket of suds and a bucket of rinse water to clean the green cart three weeks running. From last week, there was watermelon liquid still in the cart because someone thought it was a good idea to cut too much watermelon and leave it out in a hot house overnight. Instant compost. Thank goodness newsprint helps to squash some odours in the cart but after each wash and rinse, I put a clean grocery flyer in the cart.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Some family members think that it is okay to discuss with other family members on facebook (not private chats) the mental heath of a 3rd family member and that 3rd family member going on facebook and reading it!!!! ( Also crediting innocent parties for some of the comments) Arggggghh!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Some family members think that it is okay to discuss with other family members on facebook (not private chats) the mental heath of a 3rd family member and that 3rd family member going on facebook and reading it!!!! ( Also crediting innocent parties for some of the comments) Arggggghh!!!
    If the offenders don't come clean on their actions, it won't be just family gatherings that will shun them. The law might be involved if the comments affect the 3rd party's life when viewed by more distant social contacts.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information