User Tag List

Page 580 of 654 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570 578 579 580 581 582 590 630 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Same here but it's the skunks that are getting hit. And my nuts are already dropping.
    I think that's just a sign of getting older.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Cable remote adventures round 2. Was able to turn box on. Not able to turn box off. Decide to open battery door again. Tried to pop one battery that seemed a smidge off the spring and push it back in. If the lights on the top buttons did not light up-finicky control! It's like the Lady Catherine de Burgh of Pride and Prejudice-snooty and unpredictable.
    You're not the only one with remote problems Ciel lol.............today I'm watching tennis and I try to mute .... nothing. Try the volume....nothing.....nothing is working, so I think maybe it's the batteries. After much time trying to open the remote, I finally have to use a sharp pointed knife to discover this..........I bought this TV last July.....damn cheap batteries that Samsung includes. Not impressed......so I call the store where I bought it first as I figure it would be more convenient and quicker than contacting Samsung. Said he'd talk to his manager and call back later this afternoon.....still waiting........

Name:  IMG_6913.JPG
Views: 326
Size:  180.8 KBName:  IMG_6912.JPG
Views: 280
Size:  165.0 KB
    Last edited by redhdlois; Mon, Aug 28th, 2017 at 10:11 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Omg reading this nuts are dropping out of context with wolfmans comments was hilarious. I had to go back and catch up cause I was like what!
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@redhdlois -wow! The batteries are properly inserted and they looked like they had a chemical fight. I almost want to know what that substance is but I think you need to use a different remote or tackle a cleanup and use some Energizer cells from your local store.

Samsung's been in the news due to the acting company head going to jail and having just launched the replacement Galaxy product. Don't expect a quick reply.
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Omg reading this nuts are dropping out of context with wolfmans comments was hilarious. I had to go back and catch up cause I was like what!
    I read it that same way at first but I do remember that @wolfwoman has a ranch/farm. Actually want to know if the well's water level has returned to normal or showing signs of doing so.
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    OMG!!! I mean the acorns are falling off my oak trees too!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Just a suggestion... why not send an old fashioned letter (cause they are more rare these days) to the pharmalogical association for your province ( should be able to google the address/person) and let them know of these repeated mistakes. A reputable pharmacist should not be allowing these mistakes. I once had a local pharmacist make repeated small mistakes (leaving out 3-4 pain medication pills from a refill) and I let him know that I was writing a letter immediately with all the dates/times/meds of these "mistakes" and it stopped right then. Good luck!
    Filled prescription for DS on the weekend. Looked at bottle and said this doesn't seem right. She says it should be 60 pills. Turned bottle on side and said doesn't look like it. She returns it to the pharmacist and they count the pills. 31. Nice Try. I wouldn't have even noticed it was shorted had I not looked at other bottle at home and it had way more in it then this new bottle.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

A question for all you Smart Canucker's that is just boggling my mind....

Would you say that an Ontario Driver's License is proof of an address change for an auto insurance company??

Well, to my company, Belairdirect, NO!

Apparently they WILL NOT take a Driver's License and are demanding from my parents (Since my permanent address is still with them as I am in school) either a "Bill of Sale" or "Mortgage Statements" to change the address, without it, they will NOT process the change. I am going to be calling back tomorrow because despite all this hassle, the change hasn't even gone through the system yet! And also, I've changed my address TWENTY times since I've had the policy in these two and a half weeks, HUH?!?!?

Completely crappy company, during my call tomorrow I will demand a manager and then their manager to get this all sorted out, I wish I could've stayed with my other company where I was an Occasional driver, but they wanted $500/month compared to Belair's $167/month, I guess you get what you pay for!

Also, put in a question to the IBC (Insurance Board of Canada) to ask them if a Driver's License is proof of an address change.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    A question for all you Smart Canucker's that is just boggling my mind....

Would you say that an Ontario Driver's License is proof of an address change for an auto insurance company??

Well, to my company, Belairdirect, NO!

Apparently they WILL NOT take a Driver's License and are demanding from my parents (Since my permanent address is still with them as I am in school) either a "Bill of Sale" or "Mortgage Statements" to change the address, without it, they will NOT process the change. I am going to be calling back tomorrow because despite all this hassle, the change hasn't even gone through the system yet! And also, I've changed my address TWENTY times since I've had the policy in these two and a half weeks, HUH?!?!?

Completely crappy company, during my call tomorrow I will demand a manager and then their manager to get this all sorted out, I wish I could've stayed with my other company where I was an Occasional driver, but they wanted $500/month compared to Belair's $167/month, I guess you get what you pay for!

Also, put in a question to the IBC (Insurance Board of Canada) to ask them if a Driver's License is proof of an address change.
    Most companies will accept drivers license ..some companies wants drivers licenses and household bill ..like hydro ..cable bill anythings that proves your address ..not sure about Ontario ..just speaking about here in Newfoundland...good luck getting your address change
    Ciel, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Same here but it's the skunks that are getting hit. And my nuts are already dropping.
    WOW !! Great chuckle tonite wolfwoman..i laugh so hard tears ran down my face .. about your 🥜 are already dropping..good laugh forsure ..take good care yourself
    Ciel, macw1960, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Funny rant Crazy lady at walmart..

I finally made it out to walmart this week.. dh and i went ..
    We had 8 items each.. price matching and using coupons.. After I went through the checkout, I went to find him because I forgot to tell him that his total should be .10 ........ he never watches items go through and doesn't know what the total should be..

When I get there.. his total is $3.10 and he is holding out his bank card

I say... oh she either rang in one item too many or one coupon not enough.. the person behind him goes REALLLLYY~~ she totally lost it
    "its people like you who give canadians a bad name" (she is the one waving her arms and yelling at 2 old people buying old people hygiene products) my husband was laughing so hard.. he loves watching people go crazy over nothing.. she had been huffing and puffing behind him..

I was just calm.. like whatever.. I just wait for the cashier to check if its a coupon or product issue and the woman goes.. omg I'll pay for it..
    so I say, sure.. go for it.. told my dh to put his card away and waited for receipt..
    instead of us paying .10 ....she paid $3.10 ...... we got it free... she gave us 100% savings lol..

I felt sad later.. for her on some level.. cos obviously she is mega stressed but sadly if it was someone who couldn't afford the necessities we got and this was the only way..they would have been humiliated by someone being selfishly aggressive .. she should have moved to another checkout.
    On the funny side.. i keep telling my husband.. its people like you who give Canadians a bad name..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ ha ha !! That is both hilarious and sad....sad that a person gets themselves into a tizzy over a minor thing like waiting in line. Well, I do like that you continue to tell your DH that it is " people like him that give WM a bad name " ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Filled prescription for DS on the weekend. Looked at bottle and said this doesn't seem right. She says it should be 60 pills. Turned bottle on side and said doesn't look like it. She returns it to the pharmacist and they count the pills. 31. Nice Try. I wouldn't have even noticed it was shorted had I not looked at other bottle at home and it had way more in it then this new bottle.
    Good thing that you checked. I always count my meds just to make sure. I use the pharmacy at Superstore because it has the lowest dispensing fee in my area. I have never had a problem with them, just Shoppers Drug Mart and our local Safeway(where the 120 percocets went missing.)
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I guess I am not getting this contest win and I was really looking forward to reading this one.

Unfortunately, we were unable to get a response from the giveaway host. We have taken the appropriate action regarding the matter and she will no longer be able to post giveaways.

I'm sorry you had this experience on the site. Goodreads aims to be a site for readers to discover their next great book, and I hope that you'll continue using the site to find other books! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and dededi like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I guess I am not getting this contest win and I was really looking forward to reading this one.

Unfortunately, we were unable to get a response from the giveaway host. We have taken the appropriate action regarding the matter and she will no longer be able to post giveaways.

I'm sorry you had this experience on the site. Goodreads aims to be a site for readers to discover their next great book, and I hope that you'll continue using the site to find other books! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.
    That sucks macw1960!! That is something I hadn't heard of before. Lets hope it is the last. I am sure that there are more wins in your future.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Thread Information