User Tag List

Page 616 of 654 FirstFirst ... 116 516 566 606 614 615 616 617 618 626 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

5 days of rain are on tap for Hamilton starting on Thursday. Grasscutting is definitely happening on Wednesday. The grass has more than doubled since I cut it last Wednesday and the dandelion stalks have some kind of height thing going on...

So the aerial spraying resumed early this morning for the gypsy moth. Rather a timely reminder to get outside and to water the flowers after no rain fell on Sunday as forecast-2L pop bottles had a second life with a pail of water!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    5 days of rain are on tap for Hamilton starting on Thursday. Grasscutting is definitely happening on Wednesday. The grass has more than doubled since I cut it last Wednesday and the dandelion stalks have some kind of height thing going on...

So the aerial spraying resumed early this morning for the gypsy moth. Rather a timely reminder to get outside and to water the flowers after no rain fell on Sunday as forecast-2L pop bottles had a second life with a pail of water!
    Same here--the dandelions make my home look like a foreclosed property and I just cut the lawn four days ago. This wouldn't be a problem other than the fact that most of my neighbours are pretty vintage and can cut their lawns every three days, on a diagonal and often with a riding lawnmower. I have one neighbour who has a front lawn the size of a queen size duvet and he cuts it with a riding lawnmower. Watching him make turns is somewhat like that scene from Austin Powers. I'm hoping for a bit of rain--the ground is pretty dry.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    Same here--the dandelions make my home look like a foreclosed property and I just cut the lawn four days ago. This wouldn't be a problem other than the fact that most of my neighbours are pretty vintage and can cut their lawns every three days, on a diagonal and often with a riding lawnmower. I have one neighbour who has a front lawn the size of a queen size duvet and he cuts it with a riding lawnmower. Watching him make turns is somewhat like that scene from Austin Powers. I'm hoping for a bit of rain--the ground is pretty dry.
    Pull the dandelions by hand, right from the base to get the root.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Judgemental people always sticking their nose in other people’s business without first recognizing that the person cannot do certain things because of their disabilities.

Like:

1. Working - here are some difficulties I face daily: arthritis in the hips, last five vertebrae of the spine arthritis, tendonitis in both wrists, and tension headaches/ migraines. And people wonder why I cannot work but don’t understand why it probably hurt to do so.

2. Moving out - out of the place I have called home for the last 6 years. I don’t have the funds to a. Move out into market rent and b. Money doesn’t grow on trees.

3. “Look high functioning” or “ you have it all together” - I may look like everything all well and dandy but it isn’t and stop judging me by my cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rather than explain your situation to people, just say you are "retired". I find it stops all the noisy and none of their business questions/comments. If they say "must be nice", say "yes it is". With chronic health issues you don't need the stress of stupid people who don't get it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Pull the dandelions by hand, right from the base to get the root.
    I agree, unless you yank them out, they will continue to grow. It's a pain but it works.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

So I found I was near sighted last month and obtained glasses. what I dislike the most is that they make everything brighter to the point of looking at my cellphone or sitting in rooms with neon lights over head and starts a headache/migraine to happen it’s ridiculous. I was already sensitive to light I cannot stand it I had to take my glasses off to text this message out everywhere around me it’s fuzzy except the screen.

Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    So I found I was near sighted last month and obtained glasses. what I dislike the most is that they make everything brighter to the point of looking at my cellphone or sitting in rooms with neon lights over head and starts a headache/migraine to happen it’s ridiculous. I was already sensitive to light I cannot stand it I had to take my glasses off to text this message out everywhere around me it’s fuzzy except the screen.

Just try to gradually increase the minutes you spend with the glasses on. I had a hard time with my new lenses last summer so I only wore the glasses about 10 times during the heat then my eyes got used to them. I was finding it weird to remove my glasses (vision seemed super-sharp in the sun but eyes were not used to "super-sharp") and have eyes seems blurry for awhile until they got back to normal without glasses being worn.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I think the men at home are real-life JOKERS. Had a strange conversation about gas in the mower (the same one I said last week was stalling so often/not operating at full power most times-think putt-putt speed- the gas must be bad?) today with sibling. He asked me if I had seen a small gas can (small is relative) after he complained that I was mowing grass early today (to which I said he did not seem bothered by the construction racket on the road nearby with his bedroom windows open). I said no. I commented on the marked can "Regular Gas" was the can I had used to add gas to the mower last week and this week. He said something about the small can having gas for a 2-stroke engine. About an hour later, it occurred to me that the Regular Gas can is sitting next to the weed trimmer and bet you that Dad did not change the note on the can to gas for trimmer.

Conveniently, my sibling had to get gas for the ride mower. I told him that the Regular Gas can still had gas. I noticed sibling used the newer push mower to cut a small area of grass. Guess that gas in that mower came from a different can.

I announced my intention to get fresh gas for the mower next week. I fully intend to mark that gas container so I know where my gas supply is because mowing grass should not take twice as long in the heat. I want to only need 45min to do the task (only about 1/3 of yard), not 1h 30min. The coconut water was refreshing during my break and after mowing--lifesaver!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I think the men at home are real-life JOKERS. Had a strange conversation about gas in the mower (the same one I said last week was stalling so often/not operating at full power most times-think putt-putt speed- the gas must be bad?) today with sibling. He asked me if I had seen a small gas can (small is relative) after he complained that I was mowing grass early today (to which I said he did not seem bothered by the construction racket on the road nearby with his bedroom windows open). I said no. I commented on the marked can "Regular Gas" was the can I had used to add gas to the mower last week and this week. He said something about the small can having gas for a 2-stroke engine. About an hour later, it occurred to me that the Regular Gas can is sitting next to the weed trimmer and bet you that Dad did not change the note on the can to gas for trimmer.

Conveniently, my sibling had to get gas for the ride mower. I told him that the Regular Gas can still had gas. I noticed sibling used the newer push mower to cut a small area of grass. Guess that gas in that mower came from a different can.

I announced my intention to get fresh gas for the mower next week. I fully intend to mark that gas container so I know where my gas supply is because mowing grass should not take twice as long in the heat. I want to only need 45min to do the task (only about 1/3 of yard), not 1h 30min. The coconut water was refreshing during my break and after mowing--lifesaver!
    How big is your yard?

When I lived with my parents my Main job was to cut the grass about an acre plus since it was a 2 acre lot boy I always spent on a ride on mower 1 hr and 30-45mins that includes dumping it every time it beeped. And took almost 3 hours at one point when the ride on was broken with push mower I think I spent more time dumping the bag then pushing it.

Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

or make dandelion wine lol

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

some days i just think I should never say anything......
    I live on about $1050 a month----and I am tired of people telling me that no one can live on that...
    and when I try to explain my budgeting practice (which has a lot of coupons, points programs and store sales involved in it) and my 'don't buy if you don't need' lifestyle--I actually get rude, negative comments--usually saying that i am lying!
    what is wrong in the world today....what works for me will not necessarily work for everyone--because everyone has their own unique needs and wants, cost of living is not the same in every area---
    And YES, i do wish i could win the lottery and have everything i ever wanted, but I do ok--- and when I do feel i can spend a little extra and have a treat --like a burger or a milkshake --I eat or drink every last drop and enjoy it so much!
    ok--rant done....going to use my Chapmans coupon to get myself a treat this week.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    I live on about $1050 a month----and I am tired of people telling me that no one can live on that...
    and when I try to explain my budgeting practice (which has a lot of coupons, points programs and store sales involved in it) and my 'don't buy if you don't need' lifestyle--I actually get rude, negative comments--usually saying that i am lying!
    what is wrong in the world today....what works for me will not necessarily work for everyone--because everyone has their own unique needs and wants, cost of living is not the same in every area---
    And YES, i do wish i could win the lottery and have everything i ever wanted, but I do ok--- and when I do feel i can spend a little extra and have a treat --like a burger or a milkshake --I eat or drink every last drop and enjoy it so much!
    ok--rant done....going to use my Chapmans coupon to get myself a treat this week.
    @olivercat my mom is now in the same dollar bracket after the death of my dad. So no judgement here and I can only hope some if my habits have rubbed off on her. Any insight that you have would be appreciated.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did the cleaning of the balcony only to realize that one leather ''pouff''''coussin'' sorry for my french was outside and it is now all dirty contamined.I have to trow it away in garbage...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Bravo!! LOVED your honest post @olivercat .

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

agree, good rant
    also, good brag!
    your accomplishment is noted and congrats to you
    enjoy the ice cream treat

Page 616 of 654 FirstFirst ... 116 516 566 606 614 615 616 617 618 626 ... LastLast

Thread Information