User Tag List

Page 622 of 654 FirstFirst ... 122 522 572 612 620 621 622 623 624 632 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Man in van shouts at me not to cross the street.I was crossing the street in the crosswalk when the green walk sign was lit up.
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Man in van shouts at me not to cross the street.I was crossing the street in the crosswalk when the green walk sign was lit up.
    Maybe he knew something you didnt? Maybe he was a time-traveler from the future, who came to save your life... maybe your slight hesitation was all that was needed. You should thank the future man!
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I've been couponing with a friend of my sister's for the past two weeks. She smokes so we have to go in her car.. She picks me up.. I've found the deals, found the coupons or printed cut them out.. figured out cashback offers and tell her to check pco. Last week she sent me her PCO login so I could check her offers and match them up with the deals.. I didn't respond to this suggestion.

Yesterday we went out.. she used about 140$ in coupons and spent $150 worth of PCO points shes earned in that time frame.. When I checked a clearance rack I found 10 of an item she uses with a savings of $18$ each. I researched a bit and discovered that my hubby's card had a pco offer for the product and there were coupons. I messaged her and said hey, you can cut another 70% off the cost of those items if you return and rebuy.. loll so THIS is the part that pushed a button for me..

her response
    "I'm taking the girls to the beach today so I'll drop the receipt and items off so you can go get the money back"
    I wish I could have seen the look on my face.. dang it..

I was speechless at first.. I had no idea what to say.. finally I replied saying that I was having a chill day and I had found the items, tracked down and printed the coupons, was offering the points offer... and she replied with "sorry, but I promised the girls"
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    THIS..
    Plus the lady in question may be relying on the kindness of others in order to shop and therefore is obliged to shop where-ever and when-ever her helpers can or are prepared to take her.
    This is really true for at least two people I know: Mom (she relies on sibling and sometimes he'll take her where she wants and other times it's where he's going; I have not been doing her shopping this month and sometimes had Mom wait for a day or time that I was actually going to her preferred store (not always when she wanted)) and an acquaintance I know from past volunteering (he used to walk to grocery stores but he's only taken to Fortinos once per week by a family member by car and that's it).

I can only imagine how much MacGyvering (making do or finding substitutes) one has to do at the person's designated grocery store if s/he cannot find her/his preferred grocery items and maybe the store has its own items or another brand in stock (or not). Add in any specialty dietary needs or even specially sized footwear/clothing needs (if the store is a quasi department store too) and things get really complicated as a one-stop shopping experience. Factor in possibly budget restrictions or no Internet/online shopping access or electronic payment forms, and a person just has to settle for what there is/where s/he is (with maybe some random acts of kindness from friends/neighbours/family on bulk produce/excess garden crops or gifts of baking/canning or even clothing or small appliances).
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jul 18th, 2018 at 05:23 PM.
    barbis9 and Darth Penguin like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@MillieH -You are marvellous to have spent your time and effort with that friend but now she has to talk to your hand. You recently posted how you treasure your health given recent experiences (and I have to say I wonder why your sister is not spending her time with her friend and testing each other's boundaries). We love you on SC, Millie!

Maybe if you tell the friend what your service fee is to do the return and rebuy (think personal concierge/shopper service), she'll get the message not to trifle with you.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Oh to have blown a Fox 40 whistle at said driver and said, where'd you get your driver's licence? (I'd be thinking is he on weed, having a bad moment from another encounter, or is there a medical issue?)

I need to shout at every driver rolling around the corner when I have the pedestrian light too and the driver does not look at the right before turning. I try to have my shiny keyring in hand at dusk so I'm too blingy to run down (or have reflected the headlights at the driver).
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jul 18th, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
    barbis9 and Poirot like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Grass masquerading as straw. Straw acting like grass. Nonetheless, the grass was cut today but it looks like toast in one area and green happy lands elsewhere.
    Mystery of where the dead bird seen last Friday in a back section went to. Only a few feathers mark its last resting place. Raccoon or fox?
    barbis9 and MillieH like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When you offer to pay someone to do some work, they offer to do it for free and you never see them again.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There's a mouse in the house and the cat's watching it...
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    When you offer to pay someone to do some work, they offer to do it for free and you never see them again.
    That's a mind boggler.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    There's a mouse in the house and the cat's watching it...
    That's what our cat does, she lets us know where one is, but won't catch it.
    We set a regular trap with peanut butter, and what also works well is that sticky paper stuff.
    Tweets77, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    That's what our cat does, she lets us know where one is, but won't catch it.
    We set a regular trap with peanut butter, and what also works well is that sticky paper stuff.
    My two cats are the same! I have to kill them in traps and than they want to play with the dead mouse.
    Natalka and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When a coffee shop sells a same size box of juice as the listed item on the menu but since the substitute item is not in the system, the staff cannot sell it to me without a manager allowing a manual entry.
    I believe I'll relinquish my 40 cents remaining on the gift card instead. I have tweeted to the shop's account about this matter as I wanted to use up my card value and pay balance in change I had.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Having a summer cold sucks and blows!
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

We did a few separate shops at RCSS. At all the cashes, there is a sign that if the cashier does not ask if you want to buy the deal of the day (2-pack Crest, approx $5), you get it for free.
    I managed to get one pack.
    My DD did not do too well. At the end of her transaction at a separate line, she said to the cashier that you did not ask me about the deal of the day. The cashier said, since you just told me, I'm asking you about the deal of the day. WTF? So my DD did not get a free Crest.
    DD said that the cashier did not ask any of the customers ahead of her.
    I wanted to go to Customer Service and complain. My DD did not want to. She wanted to leave and do other shopping at Winners and Marshall's. I don't care that I got Crest already, it's the principal of the matter. If you forget, the customer should get the freebie as per your store's offer. Really po'ed.
    coupon girl and dededi like this.

Page 622 of 654 FirstFirst ... 122 522 572 612 620 621 622 623 624 632 ... LastLast

Thread Information