User Tag List

Page 625 of 654 FirstFirst ... 125 525 575 615 623 624 625 626 627 635 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I dealt with cancer in a kitty cat last year - when the furbaby doesn't eat usually an appetite stimulant and sometimes a human tummy pill helps. Also with certain cancers vets did predisone for awhile which makes them pig out. Also join a facebook group - I joined one for cat cancer and learned so much. I went to my vet with all the info and plan - she lasted a year compared to 3 months as the vet said. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    My 8 1/2 year old bouvier was just diagnosed with lymphoma. Chemo will be thousands of dollars and basically a full time job looking after him to maybe give him 1 - 1 1/2 years. Can’t cure but ,maybe remission. They said vet would call Friday. Waited all day, no call, after 6 pm we took him for walk, come back message from vet gone till Monday but Said we could call Saturday and speak to vet working. Called 10 am, no answer but left message to call us back, open till noon now after 1 no call. My dog will not eat his food only food I cook for him, chicken, beef a little tuna and not much of it...he had already lost 15 lbs. wanted advice on getting him to eat.very frustrated
    Ciel, scouponer and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Turned off alarm instead of snoozing it for 45 min like usual.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Turned off alarm instead of snoozing it for 45 min like usual.
    At least you can sleep.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    was just downtown at jackson square where 8 people were demonstating with 4 foot high colour pictures of aborted fetus's. (right to lifers) HOW can they get away with this? i remember seeing these pics when i was 8 yrs old & to this day cannot wipe that image from my mind.
    its just too much info, should be against the law!
    If just the images are so horrific perhaps the procedure itself should only be allowed in the most extreme cases. Just a thought.
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and Cata like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    If just the images are so horrific perhaps the procedure itself should only be allowed in the most extreme cases. Just a thought.
    Wisdom teeth extraction photos would be horrific also but they're taken out everyday without people protesting it. Another thought.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Wisdom teeth extraction photos would be horrific also but they're taken out everyday without people protesting it. Another thought.
    People aren't dying in wisdom teeth extractions.

Rethink your thought.
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People aren't dying in wisdom teeth extractions.
    Rethink your thought.
    No one said it was about death or dying. The comments were merely made about public display of extreme images. The problem isnt about how, when, or even why, these procedures take place -- or under what circumstances. Nor is it about the morals or the extremity of such cases that call for them. Regardless of your socio-political opinion(s) on the topic(s), those extreme images can be unsettling to anyone. More-over when they werent expecting them nor wanting to see them.

The "rant" was about such images being emblazoned (on picket signs at protests, on cigarette packages, PSA posters, etc) where people, who might be sickened by said images, are forced to view them. (be it an abortion, a cancerous lung, a wisdom teeth extraction, a rotted gumline from chewing tobacco, slaughtered animals, heart surgery, etc) Most people don't actively choose to look at these images even in their free time, but more especially nor do they want to be FORCED to view them.

I've never seen GoJays' example of wisdom teeth extractions on public display and I think that was GoJays' point... It happens everyday, the image is something no one HAS to see (nor few people want to), and alas, no one does. There are tons of images we don't see that can equally gross people out, and why don't we see them? Why arent we forced to look at them? Because they arent a controversial topic.

The exact REASON those other types of photos are put on display (abortion photos, cancerous lungs and rotted gumlines, slaughtered animals) IS to SHOCK an unwitting audience. The people who decided to put these images on public display KNEW they were unsettling and they KNEW they would disturb others. That's exactly WHY they display them. The motivation is completely intentional to quite literally make as many people possible to become queasy, ill, and emotionally disturbed. And they do so where the general public, CHILDREN included (as the point was made) dont have a choice BUT to view it.

It's totally unnecessary.

I have no objection to any group wanting to get their message across. Nor about the images themselves if it does, in fact, get the point across. But there are better ways to go about it. If you want to demonstrate these images for your cause (pro-life, anti-smoking, animal rights, etc) then fine... do your public demonstration... but instead of waving around huge graphic images, hand out a pamphlet or put them on a website with a warning to the viewer that images contained within might be disturbing. But there's no need to thrust them in the face of everyone walking down a public sidewalk, or folks trying to pay for candy and snacks at a convenience store.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Aug 20th, 2018 at 09:22 AM. Reason: punctuation
    barbis9, Ciel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i hate dirty feet!! i hate the foot prints they leave behind on clean flooring.. the mess they leave on clean carpets... i hate dirty feet! (flip flop feet make me cringe!) now if i can only get this through my kids head that if she comes in with dirty feet (pretty much any time she wears sandals) she has to wash her feet.. it's an endless battle
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    No one said it was about death or dying. .
    But it is about death and dying. I didn't read any further because if you don't get that very basic fact you really have no grasp of the issue. Or of reality.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sun, Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:34 PM.
    Cata likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

The majority of aborted children worldwide are female. Because female children are less desirable than male children in many cultures. In those cases the woman doesn't have the choice to abort, she's pressured to.

Yeah, abortion is a women's rights issue, but not the way you think. Abortions kill millions of females a year simply because they're female. Millions of women are forced to abort because their children are female.

I'd like to think you don't know this, but you do know this and don't care. Because it doesn't fit your narrative.
    Candini and Cata like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

People who ignore the intent /structure of a group/thread and ruin it for others. It happens often in facebook groups where the owners work hard, giving of their time to provide information and instead of appreciating and respecting the rules, members take the info, complain and create situations that erodes the creators energy and detracts from enjoyment of the group. Most of the groups disappear.

It has also happened here, this group is a shadow of what it used to be and still there are some that refuse to respect space and boundaries.
    bhlombardy, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No one said it was about death or dying.

... I didn't read any further because if you don't get that very basic fact you really have no grasp of the issue
    oh the irony.

The majority of aborted children worldwide are female. Because female children are less desirable than male children in many cultures. In those cases the woman doesn't have the choice to abort, she's pressured to.

Yeah, abortion is a women's rights issue, but not the way you think. Abortions kill millions of females a year simply because they're female. Millions of women are forced to abort because their children are female.

I'd like to think you don't know this, but you do know this and don't care. Because it doesn't fit your narrative.
    You admit that you didn't read past the first sentence of my previous post.

Had you read even the second sentence, or (God forbid) the entirety of my post, then you would have the FULL context of my post to realize what I (and the other posts) were actually discussing. (hint: it wasn't actually about abortion)

I feel sorry for you and your embarrassment to have responded in such a manner when it has nothing to do with what was actually being discussed.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Aug 20th, 2018 at 06:36 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

seems like you can lead a horse to water but ya can't make 'em read??

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

oh the irony.

You admit that you didn't read past the first sentence of my previous post.

Had you read even the second sentence, or (God forbid) the entirety of my post, then you would have the FULL context of my post to realize what I (and the other posts) were actually discussing. (hint: it wasn't actually about abortion)

I feel sorry for you and your embarrassment to have responded in such a manner when it has nothing to do with what was actually being discussed.
    I'm glad to hear you are also against killing children. I feel we've made progress here. We may be best buds one day.
    Cata likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad to hear you are also against killing children. I feel we've made progress here. We may be best buds one day.
    Since your responses to me have had nothing to do with anything that I've actually said during our exchange, it appears you're having your own imaginary conversation including imaginary responses.

I'll leave you to it.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Tue, Aug 21st, 2018 at 12:50 PM.
    barbis9, GoJays, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Page 625 of 654 FirstFirst ... 125 525 575 615 623 624 625 626 627 635 ... LastLast

Thread Information