User Tag List

Page 642 of 654 FirstFirst ... 142 542 592 632 640 641 642 643 644 652 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this early a.m. rant is for those who feel the need to offer useless advice when none was asked for.
    Tanks for nuttin.

babies teach us acceptance

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    this early a.m. rant is for those who feel the need to offer useless advice when none was asked for.
    Tanks for nuttin.
    Ooo. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the decade!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I absolutely HATE the deceptive, out of control practice of reduced product weight, count, etc, while maintaining the package look and retail pricing. This is a sneaky way for manufacturers to gain huge price increases, without having to fight it out with buyers from Loblaws, Walmart, Sobeys, etc.
    This is happening to so many products now, and many of these are on staples, that hit seniors and young families hard.

Recent examples, plus a few older ones:

Sponge brand Paper Towels. Select-a-size, 6roll packs; Sheet ct. was 80, now 72. Results in a hidden 10% price increase, as shelf prices remain the same as they were, and Sale price remains the common $4.99.

Janes Chicken Strips, nuggets; Small box had been 800g; recently reduced to 700g; leads to 12.5% price increase; ie. Retail pricing remains the same.

Simply brand Orange Juice; 1.75L now 1.54L; = 12 % price increase

Royale Facial Tissue, 2ply; 126ct now 100ct; the diff leads to a massive 20.6 % price increase;
    Note:
    the 126ct can still be found but at much higher retail price. 100ct priced at what used to be the 126ct 6 pack boxes; ie. Sale price $3.99 [rarely; now, usually $4.99]

Kraft, Black Diamond Cheese Bars: this was one of the first blatant reduced items I noticed more than a year ago. 500g went to 450g, for the regular types, which is a nice 10% price increase

I'm pretty sure that the Inflation Reporting Stats Canada folks, don't factor in this type of hidden price increase, that clearly is intended to deceive the masses as they rush to fill their shopping carts after a long work day, or the Mom's with kids in tow, that just want to get it all done as quickly as possible.

Perhaps there is another thread on this forum that addresses this sneaky practice? If so, a link would be appreciated.
    Maybe the forum Moderator(s) would consider this as a pinned worthy topic, for quick reference and that others could add to ?
    Last edited by Pointsman; Mon, Sep 23rd, 2019 at 09:54 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How on earth do fraudsters do this? These cards were still in the cardboard wrapping and still had the little thing over that would reveal a pin code. Clever thieves!!
    I saw a blurb on TV (Marketplace maybe?) where they simply collect the cards from the shelf, remove the scratch-off sticker to get the PIN, and re-affix another scratch-off in it's place. (you can buy rolls of them on ebay).

If the cards are in a cardboard wrap, they have a heat method to undo some of the glue and then they re-glue it after.

Then they return the cards to the shelf and regularly check the balance on them to see if/when they get sold/loaded.

I usually dont buy gift cards unless I intend to use them right away.

I hope you get re-imbursed though.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well it happened to me! never thought it would.
    In mid Aug I had purchased 3 x $100.00 Petro Can GC's, but tucked them away as I was participating in more Shell Air Mile offers at the time.
    I went to use one of the GC's yesterday and the attendant tells me it has a zero balance!! gulp!?
    Then he checked the other 2 cards, they had both been stripped of their balances as well.

How lucky was it that I STILL had the receipt!? That was actually a fluke that I had kept it.
    So after the whole telephone, email thing...sent attachments to them of the goods.....I wait now for them to reimburse me.

How on earth do fraudsters do this? These cards were still in the cardboard wrapping and still had the little thing over that would reveal a pin code. Clever thieves!!
    Not ideal but use them right away. Or use pre-paid visa that are sealed up. I had this last week getting a video game card. I got to register and the pin was scratched right off. We tossed it out and got another one and I used it right away. Scammers always find new and clever ways to steal.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cashier who is my age (okay maybe in her early 50"s ) decided at shoppers today to put my 3 boxes of bounce in with my bread -I didn't say anything, but use some common sense

I quickly put it in a bag on its own .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Sep 26th, 2019 at 03:35 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    cashier who is my age (okay maybe in her early 50"s ) decided at shoppers today to put my 3 boxes of bounce in with my bread -I didn't say anything but common use some common sense

Iquidkly put it in a bag on its own .
    Maybe she was just trying to give you “fresh” bread!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The early morning loud mucous clearing sessions sibling is dealing with part of his coughing sessions. He won't go to a doctor despite my repeated inquiries nor see the nurse or clinic at work. Also the snoring/wheezing/choking coughs. My sleep is right back where it was last fall, when late father kept making a racket in early hours going to the loo while his illness was progressing, I hear everything and don't often go back to sleep for 45min to an hour.

I have ventured down that "if you die, you have no paperwork done and you cannot expect any major funeral" path with him, which only riled him up but no health change occurred.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Sep 28th, 2019 at 01:00 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

for the crave fpcs promo:
    contacted kraft for this issue of not receiving my coupons,.....this is not their promo i got response.....its websaver so contacted websaver will see but i doubt i will have those fpcs....witch is a bad thing i could really had use it for my schools lunchs .............
    Newfiescreech and ROMEO like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A PC election sign was put on my lawn without my knowledge or authorization.........grrrrrr

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The early morning loud mucous clearing sessions sibling is dealing with part of his coughing sessions. He won't go to a doctor despite my repeated inquiries nor see the nurse or clinic at work. Also the snoring/wheezing/choking coughs. My sleep is right back where it was last fall, when late father kept making a racket in early hours going to the loo while his illness was progressing, I hear everything and don't often go back to sleep for 45min to an hour.

I have ventured down that "if you die, you have no paperwork done and you cannot expect any major funeral" path with him, which only riled him up but no health change occurred.
    @Ciel , if he does not want to see a doctor or a nurse, you can call Telehealth Ontario and describe what you are seeing and hearing. 1866-797-0000. You can tell his what Telehealth suggests. Or you can go to a local pharmacy, access their side counter or consultation room and describe what you are seeing or hearing, to the pharmacist.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    A PC election sign was put on my lawn without my knowledge or authorization.........grrrrrr
    I have a friend who had a similar situation. His property is highly visible on the corner of an intersection turning in the neighbourhood.

One year a candidate (with a major party that will remain unidentified) put a sign on the edge of his lawn. Like you, he was angered, so he pulled it. They replaced it... he pulled it again, and they replaced it again. This went on a few times. He complained to the candidate's campaign office. They (accurately) told him that the first several feet of the property were civic property and there was nothing he could do about it. While the other candidates (silently) respected that this was his residential yard and didnt post signs, this candiate's campaign team didnt seem to care.

So what he did was, just behind (and above) the campaign sign, on the area of his lawn that was NOT civic property, he put a larger sign that said "This candidate does not respect this resident's property with his signage. DO NOT VOTE FOR..." And the campaign sign in front/below.
    A few days later, he caught the campaign team trying to remove HIS sign. He yelled at them from his front door (while recording the event on his phone). He told them that was HIS sign on HIS property and that if they removed it, he would report them for vandalizing his property.

They removed their campaign sign and never returned.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

In the last election, a campaign volunteer who lived down the street actually entered sign requests online for the more visible lawns. We called & complained and they said we had requested it under a random name. Neighbours all got the same story. After they came and removed them, the volunteer just put them back & another neighbour caught him doing it.

If you call and tell them that your employment requires non partisanship and the sign could jeopardize that they have to remove it
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd be updating it with a DO NOT VOTE for amendment. This party is getting despicable now. Signs should be banned. What a waste.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    I'd be updating it with a DO NOT VOTE for amendment. This party is getting despicable now. Signs should be banned. What a waste.
    Remember next income tax season NOT to agree to Election Canada getting your info. Because that means any political party with access to that info can continue to contact you in future campaigns. I forgot that little detail until after I mailed in my 2018 return. Lesson recalled and noted!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 642 of 654 FirstFirst ... 142 542 592 632 640 641 642 643 644 652 ... LastLast

Thread Information