User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 2 parter canadian tire and flea market babies

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    Please remember the person posted their rant.....they did not ask for advice.....if you don't agree please move on to read other posts....*tosses mod hat in corner*
    thank you for this i think that we lose our sense of the rant thread.

While I understand that the way they worded their "don't bring your kids to a flea market" not so well, we all have differences of opinions.

I have a 5 year old son, we haven't owned a stroller since he was 2. I may be very fortunate, however we taught him, while in public places not to run around like an animal and to stay close to mommy and daddy if we are not holding hands.

However I understand the OPs frustration when we are in tight spaces like a flea market, or very tight store (hello goodwill!) and someone decides to haul in a double stroller, or massive offroading type stroller. Just because you enjoy shoving your stroller into every nook and cranny of the aisle, doesn't mean I enjoy trying to squeeze around it. How would one like if I put my big @$$ in the middle of an aisle and wouldn't move when you wanted to get around LOL but its okay because maybe i'm in my bubble and just don't notice you trying to squeeze by me, maybe work is on my mind, or the massive deck we are building on the front of our house...everyone has an excuse
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Fri, Jun 14th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
    Jezebel likes this.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I definitely understand the frustration and agree with it for the most part.

The only think I didn't agree with was where she tried to tell parents not to take small kids (then changed it to not bring kids in a stroller). IMO at that point it crossed over from a rant to something else. But that is just my opinion I didn't want to start anything. I just wanted to explain a different perspective on why it is necessary for many parents of young kids to use a stroller and why the should still be welcome to public places.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I can't carry my 1 1/2 year-old son for long. He's close to 30 pounds, and he squirms. He won't walk with me reliably yet, even under the best conditions. I held him for an hour two weeks ago when we were in the backyard with the deck contractor. I didn't want him getting hurt on tools or the boards that were lying around the yard. That night, my arms from my biceps down to my knuckles throbbed... woke me up from sleep twice. The pain was incredible, and by the time I woke up the next morning after the Advil had worn off, I was nearly rolling on the floor in agony. I think shopping holding a baby would be like carrying two cinder blocks around with you... and dragging another cinder block chained to your ankle if you have a second small child with you! Shopping becomes pretty impossible!

I do use a smallish $50 folding stroller with a front bar when we go anywhere. I'm not someone who leaves the stroller somewhere or ignores people who want to pass, but sometimes people with carts and things seem to feel like I can't get out of their way fast enough. I've had some near misses with my little guy and people pushing carts.
    anisa and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'll be in for a shock when I go back home, as most people don't use strollers here in Korea, they carry their children in those..things you can attach to your front or back. I think there's too many people in Korea to have giant bulky strollers though.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Gee, I hope there aren't any old or disabled people in their scooters at those flea markets, getting in the way of real customers.
    nainai0585 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Gee, I hope there aren't any old or disabled people in their scooters at those flea markets, getting in the way of real customers.
    At least the individual is taking the assistive device (walker/wheelchair) with them and not leaving it in the middle of the aisle. Nothing like having a mobility issue and trying to squeeze past a stroller the size of a SUV plunked in the middle of the aisle while the clueless parent shops (been there, done that, got trapped for 15 minutes with oversized strollers on either end of the aisle and parents unable to manouevre them).
    xox2010 likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Last edited by francine1985; Wed, Jun 19th, 2013 at 09:35 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    Well I'm convinced... I guess from now on I'll just lock me and my kids in the house until the oldest starts school. Then I'll only leave to drop him off and pick him up. Then do the same thing when my youngest starts schooI. I hope someone will buy my groceries and deliver them for me. Pay my bill and do any errands I'm not able to do from home. Thank you all for reminding me what a pariah and burden I am to all of society because I can't afford a car so had the nerve to rely on a stroller. So sorry I have an honest hard working husband while I have the gall to take care of my own kids.
    I'm sorry if my words offended you. My post was not directed at anyone in particular, nor all parents, only those clueless ones that think nothing of leaving strollers in the middle of the aisle, blocking everyone. In the example I posted, on one end of the aisle a father left his 1 yr old in an oversized stroller on an angle in the middle of the aisle, on the other end, a mother left an infant (the baby was smaller than my cat!) in a stroller that even I could fit in (& I am hardly a tiny gal!). My point was about thoughtless people (did not want to take a chance and lose my balance trying to squeeze past them - don't care if I fall on someone's groceries in the cart, whole other story talking about a baby). Again, I'm sorry if you felt that I attacked you, it was certainly not what I intended.
    Last edited by Andit; Tue, Jun 18th, 2013 at 10:45 AM.
    xox2010 likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Hmmm... ... I don't really think that the OP ment for it to come out the way it sounds (at least I hope not ). I too was very annoyed because currently and often I need a mobility device. So please, lets cut the OP a bit of slack here. I'm sure if they re-read the statements they have made, they will realize how off the wall they are. There's room in this world, and flea markets for all of us, with our walkers, canes, wheelchairs, strollers, carriages, grocery carts and the likes....now kiss and make up dammit!!!!!
    xox2010 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information