User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 2 parter canadian tire and flea market babies

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

rant 1

i go into canadian tire to buy 10 greenworks dish soap, the cashier doesnt quite know about coupons (i understand that), so she calls customer service to come
    minute 3
    then customer service girl insists "per purchase" means per transaction, that i would need to do 10 transaction for 10 bottles , tried to explain that it means per item
    (even though i have used more then one of same coupon per transaction before)
    minute 5
    on top of that the cash register machine was slow, it took about 30 seconds per bottle to scan, put in debit card, ok purchase, then print out my receipt, and then their coupon receipt
    minute 10

10 minutes to buy 10 things of dish soap...

RANT 2

i live right down the street from a sunday fleamarket, now my rant is about women who take their babies in strollers to it.
    when you go into the buildings there is limited aisle space, and every sunday they will come in with the huge stroller, leave it in middle of aisle, then go over to look at tables ,
    dont they know they are blocking everyone from walking

not only that, but if you try to walk over and move their baby, (havnt tried it), im sure they would throw a fit.

so please dont bring your babies to fleamarkets or other confined public spaces.

...thats it..
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire
    Last edited by mcon; Wed, Jun 12th, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
    princess_m likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Same thing happened to me at Canadian Tire. At least you got the soap.

The stroller -- fault of the flea market not the Moms or the stroller maker. The flea market should reorganize their space. Same problem at some supermarkets, adding skids of product in their aisle, making it hard for two carts to be there.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Jun 12th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rant 2:

though I agree with you on the stroller issue, I do not agree with your statement of not being permitted to bring babies to flea markets or confined public spaces.
    As a parent, I enjoy bringing my children to the local farmers market and teaching them that food actually does comes from a farmer vs. the local grocery store. BUT, I have never owned a stroller for my youngest (2 yrs old) and never took the car seat out of the car. I used my ring sling and Mei Tei (pronounced May Tie, not My Tie - thats an alcoholic drink) from when my son was 2 days old to now (and he's between 30-35 lbs) whenever we go somewhere and I know he'll get tired and want to be up. So saying that no young child should be out and about is a little rediculous, instead say, "maybe the parent shouldn't bring a stroller but instead a carrier or hold them the entire time."
    hollyquaiscer and nichols like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

wow you would hate me... i have 2 kids and a double stroller... we walk most of the time (especially when the weather is nicer. i rely on my stroller not only to get my kids around but to carry home my groceries and other purchases in the basket... can you imagine carrying a 1 year old several bags of groceries and trying to keep a 4 year old from running off (especially in a crowd.

while i realize that strollers can take up a lot of space families are just as entitled to go out as single people. I would never leave my stroller in the middle of the isle to look around...

Not you specifically but people who always complain about bringing kids in strollers. would you complain if there was someone in a wheel chair taking up extra room? why are they welcome to go to the farmers markets/ flea markets, or anywhere else that is open to the public but a family of young kids is not just because they rely on a stroller to get their kid/kids around? public places/events should be open to everyone not just single people who can walk around and minimize the space they take.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I don't mind the strollers, but I hate when people bring their carts up and down aisles when the area was clearly not designed for one.... like Winners or Marshalls. I hate the one per purchase issue too! I don't like shopping at Shoppers because of that.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rant 2 -
    "so please don't bring your babies to fleamarkets or other confined public spaces."

Guess you didn't think that one through before you wrote that statement.
    I'm a mom, I have a 5 month old and a 5 year old. Where else should I leave them when I need to do my errands?
    anisa, aussie, Luvmacoupnz and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm quite surprised that you would make a statement like "don't bring your babies to the flea market". As a mother of 5 fabulous daughters and 4 amazing grandchildren, I have brought many a stroller to the store, the flea market, the park, concerts and many other places. If you get frustrated because someone left their stroller in the middle of an aisle, I'm sure a polite request to move it so you could get by would be enough to have it moved by the parents. If a market did not allow space for carts, strollers or other devices such as walker and the like, we can't punish the people using these devices. I unfortunately have to use a walker from time to time, due to the current health issues I'm experiencing and I would be extremely upset if someone said to me ....you can't come to the market with that.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, just wondering if you have tried to go to the Flea Market first thing on Sunday morning when they open.

In Pickering, there is a HUGE flea market and they sell fruits and veggies too. One lady told me she goes as soon as they open, scouts the deals and leaves. Before the crowds. She returns near the end of the day and gets deals on remaining fruits and veggies. If she wants to buy lawn furniture or whatever, she comes back the next week, as soon as they open (after price checking at the stores). I will never forget her tip.

Maybe this will work for you.
    Jezebel, hollyquaiscer and SFARAZ like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

your right, what i meant was "so please dont bring your babies to fleamarkets or other confined public spaces - with a huge stroller"

people in wheelchairs , the difference is they take the chair with them as they move around

if your child is too big to carry, probably old enough to hold hand and walk with you
    gets tired of walking, then probably not just a small errand

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I luv your title..For a second I thought ..Flea Market's are selling babies now
    happy_me24 likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

My youngest just turned 1 last week and he is over 20 pounds. While that's not bad to carry for a short time it is quite difficult to hold him for a long time. He is barely walking while holding on to furniture or both my hands so no him walking is definitely not an option. And it doesn't matter what my reason is for going somewhere. Like I mentioned inmy previous post we walk everywhere. It takes about an hour to walk from my house to the mall. No way could I carry a 20+pound squirming baby in one arm while holding a 4 year olds hand for an hour and to try to do that on the walk home with groceries too. If we decide to go to the farmers market that would be a 30-40 minute walk just to get there.

And I don't know what the mothers are like where you live but I have never seen anyone just leave their stroller somewhere and walk away. Just like a wheel chair my kids stroller goes around everywhere with me.(which means it moves around with us too.)
    And quite frankly who said a parent can only take their kids out for quick errands. Maybe they are put enjoying the day doing a walking trip of different shops and events in the city. Doesn't really matter it is a public area and that means parents are aloud to bring their kids in a stroller, a wagon, a push bile, or anything else they decide to use to safely transport their kids. And finally I would rather have my kids in the stroller at a busy crowded place for their safety. I let my oldest walk around the mall when he was 3 holding my hand around Christmas and he nearly got trampled several times. Sometimes its not about their ability to walk its about how safe it is for them to walk in a big crowd of people who don't pay attention to others around them (especially small kids)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Why is it that I strongly suspect you don't have children? I include myself when I say that what is really needed is for most of us to have a little (or perhaps a lot) more patience....

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    rant 1

so please dont bring your babies to fleamarkets or other confined public spaces.

...thats it..
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think the issue here is not the stroller nor the children, but the carelessness of those who leave large objects like strollers or carts in a place that blocks access for everyone else.

It really sounds like you don't have any kids. I don't either, but have a little compassion. If the stroller is in the way, ask the parent to move it. Most are just going a mile a minute trying to get their errands done before the kid wakes up or is hungry or is angsty or tired and has a tantrum.

They probably aren't thinking about anything out of their little bubble and may not notice they're blocking you. This is especially true for moms of multiple kids. Imagine trying to carry a screaming watermelon in a buggy that regularly needs to see you're still there and be cooed at, and keep track of one or more unleashed puppies that want to waddle everywhere and touch EVERYTHING. And who eventually also start barking and whining because they're hungry and want to go home and want your attention NOW.

That's what I'm assuming being a mom in public is like. And I haven't even touched on the pooping.

Of course some people are just jerks, but a lot of people just aren't paying that much attention because their mind is elsewhere.

Just breathe deeply and look at the situation further than just the stroller in your way
    Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Jun 13th, 2013 at 01:45 AM.
    anisa, SFARAZ, DianneS and 1 others like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Please remember the person posted their rant.....they did not ask for advice.....if you don't agree please move on to read other posts....*tosses mod hat in corner*
    hollyquaiscer and xox2010 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I was at Giant Tiger yesterday. There were 2 little kids with those yellow carts. They were in the middle of the aisle and swinging them in a circle and I'm trying to get by with my big shopping cart and the father was just standing there and watching and not stopping them. ARGHH!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information