User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Rants on line - do they really serve any purpose....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all,

I agree with the person that said why can't we make it a place for a positive outcome I get that we all have to get things off our chest once in a while, but really. As we grow older, we learn not to take life so seriously and appreciate rather then find something wrong. I guess that's what I am is old as I just don't get the threads growing and it's become a group mentality almost - but you are reading something that someone typed that is trying to put peace where peevance was - believe me I still yell at my tv, but not so often. Try to look on the brighter side of things, it really makes a difference. Go in peace and play it forward, why not take that "smiley' face and apply Cheers.....
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Some times people post rants because they are after help and advice as well as an emotional release.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love having a rant section.
    I am a happy person who always smiles and tries to bite my tongue, and having a place to complain once and a while.....okay often....gives me a medium to release a bit of tension and it also shows others that they are not alone.
    I think that is super positive
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

wouldn't 'this' be considered a rant?
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ranting is a form of therapy, and hearing other people's sympathy makes people feel better. You'll notice when the people are ranting, others will make them feel better, or make the OP laugh about it. The brag section is a forum for utter positivity. Check it out

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It saves me from strangling people or from going postal( sorry Walks). Plus I get a good laugh from other posters comments and knowing there are others with bigger problems than mine. Or are actually ranting about the same issue as me. Rants are awesome!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

A lot of people on here become virtual friends, so they tell their friends what's bugging them. Plus a lot of the rants are quite funny and they do put a smile on my face.

Since you just joined, read around a bit more on SC. I'm sure you'll find something you like. The Tea Room is great

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Getting it out and knowing somebody heard it is often all a person wants to do. Plus those of us who have had similar experiences can share.

When I'm frustrated I have to let it out or it eats away at me. Ranting is healthy, holding grudges isn't!

I love this section and I'm so glad we have it. After venting a little, it's much easier to be peaceful I find.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is a difference between ranting and being a negative nelly drag!

expressing your feelings is a positive experience and invites chances to see some positives! Some rants are ways to give feedback to goods and service providers to.

At the same time, the ratio should be 4 happy's for every negative thing we communicate IMO!

That said, I like you and think you drawing attention to smileys is a terrific idea!!

yahoo!!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I really like the way the rants and brag threads are set up.. if you are happy about your shops or something good that happened you post it there.. and if you have the need to express frustration, you can rant.. the separation of the two makes it a great way for people to chose which kind of thread they want to read.

As a non ranter, I understand the mindset of someone who doesnt understand ranting. It seems like pointless complaining. However, my grown daughter and I spend alot of time together. She considers me her BFF and I have learned from her. I still can't rant, however I can see how expressing those feelings can help reduce stress
    walkonby and vesper like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

idk im caught. im on the rants section every day checking it out and ive ranted before. i LOVE reading other ppl's rants, sometimes sad, sometimes you want to crawl through the comp and hug that person and sometimes you get a good belly laugh out of it.
    i think im getting grumpy in my old age though because some rants i just sit there thinking *really, like REALLY, your complaining about THAT?* and i know we're not supposed to put anything negative against the persons rant but did it completely and utterly ruin your life that it took 3 minutes to go through a cash? i dont get it.
    walkonby, torontogal12 and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

The rant section has cut down on the replies to many of the brags posted on this site. It has also given all of us an outlet to express our anxiety of things. I think the rant section (which is fairly new to SC), is a terrific addition to this site. It's easy to just not come to this section if you don't want to read the things people get upset about, rather than sifting through brags and other threads that are posted containing these same posts.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i don't see why everything has to have a purpose. this section is a place where people can come in and write their random thoughts, and they can get advice/encouragement. the world would be a boring place if not for those "meaningless" or "useless" little things.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Another thing I should mention: sounds like you wrote a rant about the rant section lol. Everyone uses it

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is "bite me!" inappropriate?
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information