User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: I confess

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Expired
    Yesterday i was one of those people that steal a item from somebody's cart *ducks* but in my defense i really wanted to redeem my 1 coupon for the free container of cat food and this lady had emptied the entire shelf into her cart.So when she had her back turned i swooped in like a ninja and took one from her cart.

...if that was your cart neener neener neener
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Makayla, wow. I honestly can't believe that people have the nerve to DO this!! Its pretty bold. But I had to smile anyway at your post, because its just too cute the way you swooped in like a ninja..lol.
    ishyx0x and saddlebag like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is toooooo funny!

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

I think its okay if she cleared the shelf. YOU GO NINJA!
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Did you seriously do that? Very often I have gone out of my way to go to a store (usually extremely early in the morning if it's something I really need or want) only to find the shelves empty and notice others with their carts containing multiples of the items I would like. It has never, ever entered my mind to take even one out of another persons cart. Even though they haven't paid for the items yet, these things are in THEIR cart, so I consider them as belonging to that person. I'm just wondering how you would feel if you got the very last item on a shelf and you were so excited because you wanted that item so bad. Then when you got to the till, you noticed that the item was missing, because another person had that exact coupon, expiring on that day and they really wanted to use it, and, after all, it was only ONE coupon. I'm sure you would not feel very good about it, I know I sure wouldn't.
    linnyeg, aussie, ottawa and 19 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

thank you for saying it. ive been biting my toungue

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

maybe you coulda asked her* if you coulda had one? the actions in my opinion are not much better then a shelf clearer, luckily you weren't caught as I think I woulda gave an earful half the store woulda heard.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Fri, Jun 14th, 2013 at 04:40 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree that if she clearly cleared the shelf (meaning she had multiples+ of the same item in her cart) then I support your decision on "swooping in like a ninja" people who clear the shelves drive all of us crazy (as can see in most rants).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Panthera and vesper like this.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I'm sorry, but if I saw someone take something from my cart, I would have told them off in a not-so-polite way. I would never take something from someone's cart...especially in the times we live in now where you could just go down the street to another store and get it (and I'm sure there are plenty of stores in and around Winnipeg).

And this kinda sounded like a brag.....
    Last edited by happy_me24; Fri, Jun 14th, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Jezebel, Natalka, aussie and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Yeaaaah... I wouldve been miffed too and I would have let you know truat me. People have stolen from my cart a few times and it sucks. I snagged the last. Silk almond on walmarts shelf, then I turned around to grab some chicken and BAM it was gone. Real piss off because my son only drinks almond milk. I dont drive either and do you know what a big pain it would have been to pay for my groceries grab a cab and go to another store?!?!

Frankly even if she cleared the shelf who cares... I would leave it at that. What if she was buying for a shelter, or donating. You dont know that she had coupons for them or not.

I find a big difference in shelf clearing between couponers and non couponers.... and hey if you don't have coupons buy the entire shelf if you want!!! Obviously you're doing it because you need it.

I'm not sure why you posted this...

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by shmeelady; Fri, Jun 14th, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I didn't know people did this. Thanks for your honesty. I would be pretty miffed if someone took something out of my cart. I got there first fair and square and needed the item. I find shelves cleared WAAAYY too often, and it really is upsetting and tiring to have to go back on the subway to multiple stores to buy something you need, (happens even when stuff is not on sale). I'd be pretty peeved. Good thing I take the subway so can't fill a whole cart, just a basket. I can keep an eye on things lol

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I still think it's funny.

I am sure if the lady only had one in her cart it never would've entered the OP's mind to take it.

OP, i can picture you sneaking along and swiping it. And i am sorry to all that think it's wrong, but it still makes me smile. I picture you in a black mask and a green bodysuit with ninja stars all over it! Weird!
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Fri, Jun 14th, 2013 at 04:49 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That isn't okay It may sound funny but how would it feel if you were on the other end and somebody stole from you?

You could have just asked and said you just wanted one. I'm sure ONE wouldn't have been a big deal.

Even if she did take lots, you don't know her situation. Perhaps she's got multiple rescue cats. Perhaps she's buying them for a disabled friend or family member who lives on a limited income and who doesn't get out often so taking advantage of the sale is critical for them.

It's never polite to clear a shelf, but it's even less polite to take something out of somebody else's cart. "Neener neener neener" isn't the appropriate response here. If you hadn't touched her cart, she'd be in the wrong to an extent for clearing a shelf and not leaving any for others. But instead, you're in the wrong tenfold because not only did you do something that is honestly worse than shelf clearing, you're bragging about it and laughing like you're some kind of hero because you 'got even' or something. That isn't funny.

You're not Robin Hood, stealing from the 'rich' and giving to those who have nothing. This isn't something to brag about. That is NOT what this community is about.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

well lets flip it...
    you don't know the op's situation. Maybe she rescues cats and is on a limited income too and maybe the lady with the cart already has 20 bags of cat food in her stockpile but just felt like adding some more.

we don't know...either of their situations.

Should she have asked the lady, sure....did she use poor judgement, maybe. But then how can you not say that shelf clearing is like taking something from someone else that really needs the item too but is now denied the chance to purchase it???
    coupon girl and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's a confession, not a brag, which mplies the poster knows it was wrong, yet I still find it rather amusing! I've done sneaky things, we all have, might as well laugh at it.

Not like we're confessing to putting items in someone's cart, like 3 dozen condoms, Vaseline and a pinwheel.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information