• 1 Post By CanadianCouponCollector
  • 2 Post By mcon
  • 4 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 1 Post By Anna Michele

Thread: Trains... ?

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

---> I have been reading the threads on trains, and I kind of understand the rules, but I cannot find an actual explanation of what a train is and how you participate. Boarding pass? Worth 3? Cars? It's all pretty confusing, but I really want to participate as this seems to be the only way I can trade. I'm hoping someone can help explain things in a bit (ok a lot) more detail?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Anna Michele likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so far i gathered its just mailing coupons, starting from one person ,next person will take any they need, add in the same value worth of their own they dont need, then last person sends more to first person??

or i could be COMPLETELY wrong...you crazy couponers with your mailing and trading.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Here is a link to the train overview thread: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/358123-...s-more-canada/

There is an explanation of the different types of trains, as well as other info.

To participate in a train, you simply read all the specific trains rules and follow them -- most trains ask that you post in the thread and PM the conductor, etc.

As for the terms you mentioned:

Boarding Pass: the "fee" for riding a train - usually 1-4 stamps. A "fee" or "BP" (boarding pass) is common on regular trains and VWT's. For regular trains there is usually a BP since the conductor is taking the risk of losing all their coupons put together to start the train, along with the work involved in updating the thread, etc. For VWT's there is a "BP" to cover the postage is costs for the conductor to send everyone their envelope home, along with the work involved in hosting the train.

Worth 3: This is normally only seen on "VWT" trains (please refer to the link I provided for an explanation of VWT). Most VWT's ask each rider to send a certain amount of coupons off each wishlist. Obviously some people value certain coupons higher so they label them as "Worth..."

Cars: Generally names for parts of a train - especially seen in "Round Robins".

Hope that clears up any confusion! Since you have a zero trade rating, I'd watch for "Newbie" trains since the conductor is usually quite helpful and answers questions along the way, plus they are designed for riders with low ratings.

You can always PM me if you need help!

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Here is a link to the train overview thread: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/358123-...s-more-canada/

There is an explanation of the different types of trains, as well as other info.

To participate in a train, you simply read all the specific trains rules and follow them -- most trains ask that you post in the thread and PM the conductor, etc.

As for the terms you mentioned:

Boarding Pass: the "fee" for riding a train - usually 1-4 stamps. A "fee" or "BP" (boarding pass) is common on regular trains and VWT's. For regular trains there is usually a BP since the conductor is taking the risk of losing all their coupons put together to start the train, along with the work involved in updating the thread, etc. For VWT's there is a "BP" to cover the postage is costs for the conductor to send everyone their envelope home, along with the work involved in hosting the train.

Worth 3: This is normally only seen on "VWT" trains (please refer to the link I provided for an explanation of VWT). Most VWT's ask each rider to send a certain amount of coupons off each wishlist. Obviously some people value certain coupons higher so they label them as "Worth..."

Cars: Generally names for parts of a train - especially seen in "Round Robins".

Hope that clears up any confusion! Since you have a zero trade rating, I'd watch for "Newbie" trains since the conductor is usually quite helpful and answers questions along the way, plus they are designed for riders with low ratings.

You can always PM me if you need help!
    Thanks a bunch! I had read that thread but there were just too many terms I did not understand, making it all the more difficult to follow.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    Thanks a bunch! I had read that thread but there were just too many terms I did not understand, making it all the more difficult to follow.
    always ask there is no stupid questions, if theres a train that interests you ask the conductor any questions you might or even any of the riders Sc'ers are always happy to help
    Venuila likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Thread Information