User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Veet EasyWax Electrical Roll-On Kit

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:37 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just tried it this morning and what a terrible product! My legs still have pink wax on them and I don't know how to get it off!!! LOL
    lecale, Tbites and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLover618 View Post
    I just tried it this morning and what a terrible product! My legs still have pink wax on them and I don't know how to get it off!!! LOL
    I know the product manual says not to but I used a baby wipe and soaked baby oil on it to help clean up....there's also "finishing wipes" that come with the product that'll help with the clean up... if you look at the list of ingredients in those wipes first ingredient is also mineral oil.
    lecale likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    There are FPC-MIRs, $15 MIRs and $10 coupons for this device, and it is on rollback now at WM online for $19.99 and WM instore for $26.47. SDM has it for $29.99 regular, and on sale (-15%) on the recent 20x day, $25.49 plus almost 4k points ($5), so there are lots of opportunities to get this thing on the cheap.

Have you bought it and tried it? I usually use the microwaveable Nair Au Naturel wax or Nair Cire Divine wax or Andrea cold wax strips. I have tried the Veet cold wax strips and they did not work for me, just jamlike and wouldn't lift hair. I figure the EasyWax might be like the Au Naturel product exept Au Naturel takes 10 seconds in the microwave and apparently the EasyWax device takes 20 minutes to heat up. hmmm.
    WHERE OH WHERE do I start lol... I wanted to write a review with video of this product because I bought 4 of them (yup SDM skank ) and I'm not impressed either. I thought it would need a video because my initial reaction to this product was "Easy roll on? Whatcha mean easy ? " Laughable at best. Luckily, 3 of them contained the bonus "precision wax" for the face with it so it's not a total loss. I'll try to be brief

Experience level: I have no problems with ripping hair out as I've had it done at the esthetician many times before but I'm not an expert at doing it myself.

Instructions say to let the wax warm up for 25-30 minutes, it still seemed quite tacky at 30 minutes, so I let it warm another 10... still tacky. Glide it DOES NOT... I think it's because the wax just isn't hot enough to thin out and roll out. You have to make sure to get an even coat on your skin so for most of the procedure I was pulling my skin trying to get the was out of the container. At one point I even took the refill right out of the applicator to try and squeeze it up and out of the roller thing.... that actually seemed to help a bit.

Even after getting the wax out of the roller the wax is still quite tacky so the roller tends to stick to itself as you're trying to apply it to your skin.... I don't know how best to explain it but to picture this "feeling" but with wax...Name:  gum-on-shoe.png
Views: 1534
Size:  271.6 KB. I took a break between doing both legs because of it. While I'm pretty brave in the hair removal dept. , there's no way in hell that roll-on is getting anywhere near my bikini line lol

Like I said, I bought 4 of them so I'll try it again with another box when the hair regrows... maybe the first box had a faulty refill or a faulty element in the dispenser that didn't allow it to heat up properly. If the results are better I'll post again.

P.S. Haven't tried the precision wax yet so I can't comment on it. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Tbites; Thu, Jun 20th, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
    lecale and beecameron like this.

MY WISHLIST

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

CouponLover618 likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Well I have to admit I did buy one of these things because it cost me $3 vs the $12 I would pay for my regular products. I also have a fractured arm so I am absolutely not going to try it soon...but I still want tot know how people did with it.

I opened mine up and the um 'holster' that you put the wax into and plug in has a slot that is lined in plain metal. I mean this thing is as complex as an easy bake oven.

The wax cartridge is 50ml, which I would expect does just one below-the-knee application (because Nair Au Naturel is 100ml and does below-the-knee twice)

CouponLover you might like Nair Au Naturel because it is water-soluble...it used to say 'sugar' on the package but now it says 'wax' but it is basically a body sugar. Anything you do not get off with the strips melts away in the shower.

Tbites it does not seem like you are complaining: would you buy the refills and keep using it?
    I like the concept but I most definitely wouldn't buy this again, not unless they changed their wax or their heating element
    lecale likes this.

MY WISHLIST

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:49 PM.
    Tbites likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It def needs 45 min at least to warm up. I like the concept, but the wax itself needs a new formula. I would prefer if they did a natural wax/sugar using that roller.

I ended up calling Veet Customer Service since I couldn't remove the leftover pink wax from my legs using the little wipes. They told me to use baby oil. I had to scrub very hard to remove it. I likely will not use this product again. I'll try Nair Au Naturel - thanks Lecale!
    lecale and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    WHERE OH WHERE do I start lol... I wanted to write a review with video of this product because I bought 4 of them (yup SDM skank ) and I'm not impressed either. I thought it would need a video because my initial reaction to this product was "Easy roll on? Whatcha mean easy ? " Laughable at best. Luckily, 3 of them contained the bonus "precision wax" for the face with it so it's not a total loss. I'll try to be brief

Experience level: I have no problems with ripping hair out as I've had it done at the esthetician many times before but I'm not an expert at doing it myself.

Instructions say to let the wax warm up for 25-30 minutes, it still seemed quite tacky at 30 minutes, so I let it warm another 10... still tacky. Glide it DOES NOT... I think it's because the wax just isn't hot enough to thin out and roll out. You have to make sure to get an even coat on your skin so for most of the procedure I was pulling my skin trying to get the was out of the container. At one point I even took the refill right out of the applicator to try and squeeze it up and out of the roller thing.... that actually seemed to help a bit.

Even after getting the wax out of the roller the wax is still quite tacky so the roller tends to stick to itself as you're trying to apply it to your skin.... I don't know how best to explain it but to picture this "feeling" but with wax...Name:  gum-on-shoe.png
Views: 1534
Size:  271.6 KB. I took a break between doing both legs because of it. While I'm pretty brave in the hair removal dept. , there's no way in hell that roll-on is getting anywhere near my bikini line lol

Like I said, I bought 4 of them so I'll try it again with another box when the hair regrows... maybe the first box had a faulty refill or a faulty element in the dispenser that didn't allow it to heat up properly. If the results are better I'll post again.

P.S. Haven't tried the precision wax yet so I can't comment on it. Hope this helps
    This sounds the exact same as my experience with it. I ended up just paying tax on them but I don't even think it was worth that lol.
    lecale and CouponLover618 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Tbites likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It takes FOREVER to heat up. I had it plugged in for 40 mins and it still didn't roll properly. It rubbed on my skin like the consistency of dried up toothpaste.

I have been doing sugaring at home for maybe 10 years and am not a newbie. I really wanted this to work. I do like the idea. I would prefer if they did it using sugar. Sugar is fantastic. All natural. Washes off with just soap and water.
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Glad to see this thread. I was starting to think that I am the only noob who did not know how to wax even after years of experience. It did leave red patches on my both under-arms after 45 minutes of warming. I kept thinking it was the colour not coming off but unfortunately, I had bruised my skin by my persistent efforts. Took more than a week to heal. Still it was not very clean and my natural Moom kit wax does way better job than that. I don't normally like natural ones as their finish is not so neat but they don't give you pain.
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Good to know, I was a little afraid to just try it right away ... it's good to know some of the potential issues with it!
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Blech. I am not a waxer. I have thick, dark leg hair that gets a 5 o'clock shadow at noon. I use disposable razors- the kind that come 12 in a bag for a buck. I'm so immune to pulls and rips by now that someone could rip leg hair off of me in my sleep and I wouldn't flinch. And I'm a light sleeper. It's fast and convenient. So I figured I could try waxing since the pain wouldn't be an issue. My SDM had these on sale (still do) for $14.49. I used a $10 coupon and just sent away my $15 rebate. I used a second $10 coupon and bought another kit because it ended up being cheaper than buying a refill box. Basically both were free.

I am glad I didn't pay for this, but thankful for the opportunity to try it. Here is my experience:

I left the thing for an hour and it still wasn't rolling on. I dragged it up my leg. And I had to go over the area twice to get enough on there for it to work at all. The strips were fine, though I have long legs and what was provided only did one leg. I wish those strips were washable. Also they didn't provide enough cleaning cloths to clean up the pink mess left behind. I was kinda stranded. No amount of baby oil was helping, and I trashed the bathroom trying to figure out how to get it off. I walked around for two days with pink streaks on my legs. Most of my right leg enjoyed the waxing; my left leg had one strip down the middle. I ran out of strips and cleaning cloths.

The next day when I went to shave the rest of my left leg again, I did notice that the area that had been waxed did not need to be done. Great! Waxing works! that part of my leg was getting dry, though and the other leg was starting to look the same.

The following day, I still did not need to shave where I had waxed. but my skin was now peeling a little where I had used the Veet.

By the fourth day, I still did not need to wax the area, but I now had scales.

It ended up being 1 week that I did not need to shave the areas that I had used the Veet. If I could have got through both legs with one kit and not turned into a dragon, I would have looked past the roll-on difficulty and been happy with the results. (I don't have to shave every day?! Bonus!!) But remember, this is my first time waxing so I have nothing else to compare it to. I'm sure I could find something much better than this, however. for now, I'll stick to the cheap-o razors.
    lecale and acosta like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Like everyone else, I thought it needed at least 45 minutes to heat up. At least.

I wax all the time. And usually use the Veet waxing strips that you warm with your hand - love them!
    Like someone else mentioned, I also turned the bathroom into a mess trying to heat it, get it to roll, wax and clean up.
    I also use baby oil to clean up any left over mess.

My question, where do I buy refill strips?! Since using this product, once, I went to SDM to see how much the refill strips would be and I couldn't find them anywhere.

Review: I'm not too sure if I will have this product replace my regular routine (with the rub together strips), but we'll see. Especially depending on the cost of refills etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information