User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Just wondering if anyone has tried using competitor store coupons at Walmart in Trenton (like the coupon zone ones) with any success?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I did it. I had metro coupons for s$1 wub3 campbells soups, and a SDM flyer with soup sale for $.59. You have to tell the cashier what you are doing, and they have to put it all in as a PM, not PM and coupon. I waited almost 30 min to sort my mess out, as the cashier had no clue about the policy, and had rung in all 30 soups. And get to know the cashiers. I like Pat and Katherine for speed, accuracy and agreeable attitude toward coupons, they understand couponing and don't look down on it. There is a new young lady with long brown hair who is interested in learning about couponing, and was excited to hear how much I saved when she saw me pull out a stack of coupons for deoderants. I stay away from the Belleville location with complicated trips through the till, because they have the worst CSM (very grouchy attitude toward coupons and those who use them). She reminds me of someone who probably worked at Zellers in Trenton.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (97%)

I have used tft and coupon zone both in the trenton walmart with no issues
    Sandra
    AKA- ThePartyMom

My job is always a party!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iggysbabysitter View Post
    I did it. I had metro coupons for s$1 wub3 campbells soups, and a SDM flyer with soup sale for $.59. You have to tell the cashier what you are doing, and they have to put it all in as a PM, not PM and coupon. I waited almost 30 min to sort my mess out, as the cashier had no clue about the policy, and had rung in all 30 soups. And get to know the cashiers. I like Pat and Katherine for speed, accuracy and agreeable attitude toward coupons, they understand couponing and don't look down on it. There is a new young lady with long brown hair who is interested in learning about couponing, and was excited to hear how much I saved when she saw me pull out a stack of coupons for deoderants. I stay away from the Belleville location with complicated trips through the till, because they have the worst CSM (very grouchy attitude toward coupons and those who use them). She reminds me of someone who probably worked at Zellers in Trenton.

I go to my usual i used to have at no frills in brighton as she is great forget her name though lol I also talked to a few before and it was a good feeling as they like doing coupons and are not botherd by it. Just had a major issue with the cashier super over per purchase on coupon. Had to do 8 transactions brutal but i wasnt going to let them win. Oh ya dont forget the $5 scratch is back on this weekend at CT

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I've never had any issue at the Belleville location. There is one CSM who is much more coupon friendly than the brunette with glasses I suspect you may be referring to. I also always aim for the same cashiers at every store every time I go. Actually at FreshCo. last week I went to my regular cashier and she said she loves it when I come in cause I'm so well prepared and organized and make things run smoothly for her...she even called me by name...lol Made me feel awkward at first. lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I have never had any problems with them and I used a coupon zone and this week I used the sobey's when u buy 3 kraft products get 3 dollars off, and got cheese slices and cream cheese for a dollar(used 5 coupons I normally wouldn't haved used that many but I have severe spinal problems and could not handle another trip for a least a week or more, 25 min drive for us to walmart) anyway they were great. I also used a couple of rexall coupons a while back and got lysol wipes for free.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Good to know thanks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My bff is a CSM at Walmart in Belleville and I was shocked when she told me they except ALL coupons even the Fresh Co coupons, you know those spend said amount and get whatever free, I think it was pop. We discussed how to make it easier for the cashier when PM and couponing, she suggested putting everything from that store on top of the flyer and handing them the coupons at the end. She also had some pretty bad horror stories about couponers, so I guess it goes both ways.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KissMyMapleLeaf View Post
    My bff is a CSM at Walmart in Belleville and I was shocked when she told me they except ALL coupons even the Fresh Co coupons, you know those spend said amount and get whatever free, I think it was pop. We discussed how to make it easier for the cashier when PM and couponing, she suggested putting everything from that store on top of the flyer and handing them the coupons at the end. She also had some pretty bad horror stories about couponers, so I guess it goes both ways.
    Can you elaborate on Fresh Co coupons??? I never even knew FC had their own Do you mean Coupon Zone Coupons??

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am talking about the ones that they have on their flyers. I believe one was spend $25.00 and get a free case of pop. I was just surprised that they would except such a coupon but she told me they are so competitive that if it is a legitimate coupon they will take it. You will have to be patient with the cashiers though because this is new to most of them and they cant put it in as a coupon but have to put it in as a price match(some haven't grasped this yet) or it will show as a loss to the store.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

OH!! I see. ;o)

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I was in the Trenton Walmart location yesterday using the $5 off any ice cream and thought that I could use the full value of the coupon (based on the Can. policy posted elsewhere on this site), but the CSM would not let me. As a matter of fact, she called over "Christi" and she confirmed that I could only get the value of $2.47 (the value of the ice cream) for the value of the $5 coupon. Am I understanding the policy at all when I say that I should have received the full $5 value for the coupon? Or am I misunderstanding? I am finding that using coupons at the Trenton location isn't any fun for me. Should I go to the Belleville location? Can anyone suggest who is the better CSM at either location that is "coupon friendly" and is up on the policies????

PM me if you would like an invite to SuperPoints! Easy way to make Christmas money!
    Do you "Like" Regal? Check out my FB page to get a catalogue: https://www.facebook.com/#!/your.regal.gifts please!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have had mixed results with the CSM's at Trenton... I just stick to the cashiers who coupon (I've sent some here, and a one was already a member!). One trip to Belleville Walmart the CSM was crabbing about nobody reading any of the notices posted with their shedules. The new policy has been posted for all to read, saddly they don't ensure anyone has done thier homework.
    The ice cream coupon says "up to $5" and so I find most fill in that spot with the correct price, as they are supposed to. It's the ones that state buy this and save this$ that they can not change, and you get our overage. I think if a cashier happens to give you overage on an "up to" type coupon, where they have to state the price of the item, it's just luck.
    I actually had a cashier scrutinize the ice cream coupon, and say it was only for General mills (it came from a cereal box). And then I had to explain it all to her. Then she voided the ice cream, and I had to explain that to her too. Note to self... even if the CSM's are saying use the jewlery counter for quicker checkout, don't if you plan on using coupons.

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

You couldn't possibly share the name of that CSM in Trenton.......??????? (here is a person begging for help please!)

PM me if you would like an invite to SuperPoints! Easy way to make Christmas money!
    Do you "Like" Regal? Check out my FB page to get a catalogue: https://www.facebook.com/#!/your.regal.gifts please!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Not sure about the CSM, but my fave cashiers are Pat, Katherine and a young lady with long brown hair (who was excited to see me with coupons).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information