User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Question Of The Longest Day (June 21, 2013) How Dirty Are You?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i try really hard to be dirty, really i do.

i like my dirty side to be exotic, a little off the norm. the more interesting the better.

i don't like it when it is totally normal and plain, just like everyone up and down the street.

i don't check out the neighbors and their dirtiness too often, i'm just not that type of person.

sometimes my neighbors share the fruits of their dirtiness with them, and i share with them. swapping is fun, i recommend it!
    AHA! 50 SHADES OF DIRT!

This is a real gardening book BTW:

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Ok I am sooooo dirty that after I work in the garden the water in the shower runs black.

I am always doing some project or another and I have "work clothes" that could get up and walk away on their own

I think this year has been my dirtiest ever !!!
    Yahoo!!

Dirty is fun!!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

We have a community garden around the corner with our own plot so we've planted swiss chard, some herbs, tomato plants and orange peppers. I've only planted one thing, the swiss chard.
    operabob, Andit, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

How clever!! That is my description!

We live on a corner so you see all aspects of the house so my house needs to look prestine at every angle on a budget so I make artifical planters in upper windows and flower beds on each side of walkways have perenials and driveway always need dome tweeking and once a week a few hours of diligent gardening and sweeping. so as soon as evrything seems perfect, DH decides to cut the lawn or do the trimming and I have to start all over again. We have 3 walkways with interlock that little weeds grow and I get on my hands and knees picking though even after sweeping in interlocking sand/cement mixture (DH cutting lawn) going into interlock a few times a season, sweep the road from end of our lot to around the corner to other end and weed a large area of flower bed so by the time I am finished I am like Patty, I usually start off with a long white t-shirt and my blond hair is dark, my face has mud from the earth and the sweat and any exposed skin is the same with cuts from rose bushes and yanking of crawling morning glories taking over all over. And when I think I am finished they are growing back in again. We have several hanging planters (artificial too because I seem to over-water them too so my artificial topiaries with white lights and planters with silk flowers, you never know the difference. We also have a cottage and that also needs to be maintained. Getting too old for all this stuff but everything looks so pretty when done as I am walking hunched over, dragging my knuckles on the ground and clutching a bottle of discounted Robaxcaset (spell?) and gruntng noises that only the goats on the highest hill tops and DH had to help me tot he bath tub and help me too. Down for a day or two and get to start it all over again...
    in Kilamengaro can hear.

You do not want to read about how bad it gets when I paint. I live with the aftermath for weeks after when that has to be done, but I love it all. So in summary: 51 shades of dirt!! Well said Opera Bob!!

Your Garden is beautiful by the way vesper. DH is better at planting than I am, and he hates it. I try to teach him whatever you do has to be done with love so the little cooking he does, throw some love in there it affects the outcome. I read once angry cooking makes angry food and tastes awful, angry planting seems to work for some reason - I guess I am too gentle when planting and baby the plants too much and I kill them so perenials and artificals are best at this home.

This dirty girl does do it all! Because NO ONE ELSE WILL and I love it too.

IS it really the longest day of the year? I did not know?

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    AHA! 50 SHADES OF DIRT!

This is a real gardening book BTW:

Last edited by oscarandme; Sat, Jun 22nd, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
    ticul and vesper like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information