User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Sent to Walmart Corporate

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Evening

I have just come home from a shopping trip to your Kingston, Ontario store, store code 3043, 06/22/13, checkout time 19:46:35. When I proceeded to the checkout the first items I put through the register were 5 bags of Christie Cookies and 5 boxes of Christie crackers for a total of 10 Christie products. I handed the cashier 5 coupons for " buy any 2 Christie products receive $1.00 off". The cashier in turn stated I could only use 1 coupon in total because it said " One coupon per purchase" . I told her ALL coupons state that. She told me that is what she was told to do by her store manager.

I then spoke to the cashier supervisor who stated to me she was informed by the store manager they were only to take one coupon on any particular product regardless of the amount the person had or corresponding coupons. When I stated this was contrary to the Walmart coupon policy. She informed me she didn't know what the policy was and was only going to listen to the store manager regardless of what the corporate policy is. I was astounded at her lack of knowledge and disregard for corporate. When I told her I would be happy to take it up with corporate she then relented ( for this time I assume). By the time this was accomplished and I was checked out I had spent one hour at the checkouts.

Yes, I admit I am an avid coupon-er. I find it fun to scope out the deals. In the run of a year though this "coupon" saving ends up being a small percentage of my Walmart purchases. If you have changed your policy as outlined here could you please advise me. Target is opening in Kingston in a few weeks and are willing to take four coupons for four of the same products. As well they will accept manufacturer coupons in addition to a Target store coupon if they correspond to that product. If policy is going to vary from store to store please advise me. If your staff is going to be flippant and unaware of policy please advise me.If you wish me to pass along to my fellow coupon fans Walmart is no longer hospitable to multi coupon purchases and you'd prefer us to go to Target stores opening across the country please advise me. I will be happy to move my clothing, housewares, home decor,pet care, books, magazine, sewing,craft,toys,electronics,grocery,holiday and prescription shopping to Target.

Regards
    Mrs.Karen Stevens
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Walmart

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Great that you wrote the letter. Unbelievable that they admitted they did not know the policy, rather than getting a copy from the store's office or from customer service.
    ishyx0x and karenms like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Well written. Interested to hear their response.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you and I will post the response when I receive it.
    FrugalKris, cally, Brooke_ and 2 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

NEEDS tobe done! I am SOOOO TIRED of the "one per purchase" fight!

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is a well written letter.
    I hope you receive a prompt response.
    karenms likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

"Idiot" Must be one of the prerequisites for a cashier job at Walmart. I never come across dumb cashiers anywhere else but Walmart.
    Tommycoupons and karenms like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Your letter is awesome by the way!
    karenms likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Awesome letter. This is the reason I try to go to the same cashiers. I prefer to wait for someone who knows what they are doing that the fastest line.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quicktocoupon View Post
    "Idiot" Must be one of the prerequisites for a cashier job at Walmart. I never come across dumb cashiers anywhere else but Walmart.
    I don't think it's fair to call them an "idiot" when they're just following orders. Blame store management for not following the policy

A cashier doesn't have to answer to corporate headquarters. They sure have to answer to managers who will confront them about things, in person.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Jun 24th, 2013 at 09:41 AM.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I don't think it's fair to call them an "idiot" when they're just following orders. Blame store management for not following the policy

A cashier doesn't have to answer to corporate headquarters. They sure have to answer to managers who will confront them about things, in person.
    I so agree with you cause I was a cashier at Walmart and two of my friends are one now at Walmart. You have to also blame customers too - as a cashier you have people trying to pull a fast one, or your manager yells at you for a bad coupon or price match or written up for something - blame management because its usually the manager of the store who does meetings and tells cashiers what to accept that week or month. cashiers are not idiots such a horrible comment and not called for. If you never worked at Walmart or at a store you have no idea.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quicktocoupon View Post
    "removed" Must be one of the prerequisites for a cashier job at Walmart. I never come across dumb cashiers anywhere else but Walmart.
    Please no name calling

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I think if more of us wrote letters maybe eventually they will think something is happening.. especially throwing Target in there! Great job!!
    torontogal12, karenms and momi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just want to be clear. While the cashier also stated she didn't know corporate policy, it was the cashier supervisor stating she didn't know corporate policy and didn't care that astounded me. I too worked in retail for 20 years and part of my job was knowing corporate policy and being able to state it on demand. Yes, I too had many customer that tried to pull a fast one, I just didn't let that jade my attitude to the thousands of other customers who were honest people. Also this is why I wrote to corporate so they are aware of the issues in their stores and how to best address them.
    Last edited by karenms; Mon, Jun 24th, 2013 at 12:24 PM.
    cally likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information