User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: HOME DEPOT CALGARY (How do you read this receipt) CALLING ALL COUPONERS!!! NOT A RANT

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is Not a Rant just wanting to see everyone's opinion and how they read the receipt

So this morning I wake up to my facebook being flooded with news about stores jacking up there prices to take advantage of people in my hometown of Calgary during the time of crisis. If your unaware of this Alberta areas have flooded due to the rivers overflowing and too much rain. Apparently businesses are charging $20 for a pack of ice and YES that was legit and true

That brings me to another issue

Well today there was a post that Home Depot apparently charged someone $42 for a flat case of 24 bottles of water

This has been driving me crazy reading all the nasty comments on there page and I just wanted to see how us couponers read this Receipt (We are Smartcanucks after all

*Maybe you shop there and know how there receipts print out if you buy multiples of the same item? *

I know normally when you purchase an item it shows the product one after another however this could be different at other store locations to save ink and paper

The Home Depot company has Apologized and has said
    Calgary, we apologize for the mistake made at one of our stores regarding the price of water. There was an internal error which affected a small number of customers. As soon as we were notified we took immediate action, resolved the issue and reached out directly to the customers affected asking them to contact us so we can make it right. Our priority during this time is the safety of our customers and our associates, ensuring they are able to get everything they need to make it through this trying time. Our thoughts are with all those affected and The Home Depot is working closely with the local authorities and the Canadian Red Cross to help the affected communities.
    Please stay safe.

Even though they apologized I feel for them as I don't feel it was there fault. I read the receipt as if the person bought 24 individual bottles water sold at $1.75 each. Not any different then going to a 711 or convenience store.

If it were a case wouldn't it be a lower price and say case of 24pk on the receipt ect

What do you see on the receipt?

(A) 24 individual water bottles sold at $1.75 each

or

(B) 24 flat Case sold for $42

Here is the original receipt posted from someone on the Home Depot facebook page

Name:  1044851_10152985527555235_1199727126_n.jpg
Views: 9616
Size:  57.1 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Depot

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

(A) 24 individual water bottles sold at $1.75 each
    Gazpache likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I definitely read it as 24 at 1.75 each. However, that's a really weird mistake for the system to have. Flats of water generally have one barcode. That being said, mistakes happen all the time, and they tend to get magnified when other things happen. It's really unfortunate, but it's true.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmenard1 <- Join me on SwagBucks!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I would assume they purchased 24 single bottles of water from the fridges that are near the checkout based on that receipt.

I know that the self scanner at Zehrs will someones pick up the individual SKU's on a bundled package of yogurt for example.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I read it as 24 at 1.75 each

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by young-one19 View Post
    I definitely read it as 24 at 1.75 each. However, that's a really weird mistake for the system to have. Flats of water generally have one barcode. That being said, mistakes happen all the time, and they tend to get magnified when other things happen. It's really unfortunate, but it's true.
    I had this happen as they scanned 1 bottle not the case bar code...

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

it clearly reads the person themselves scanned 24 bottles of water - perhaps it would have come up a different price if they had scanned the flat 1 time
    guess we can't really say for sure - did they post a picture of what they bought? i.e 24 bottles of water or 1x24 pack of water unopened??

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Given it's a self-serve...I'm guessing the customer scanned 24 x1 water rather than looking for the bar code for the flat pack..

reminds me of this from 9/11/2001

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    it clearly reads the person themselves scanned 24 bottles of water - perhaps it would have come up a different price if they had scanned the flat 1 time
    guess we can't really say for sure - did they post a picture of what they bought? i.e 24 bottles of water or 1x24 pack of water unopened??
    All I have seen at this time is just a receipt no pictures of the purchases
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

It was a self checkout so I think the customer bought 24 individual bottles from one of those standing coolers.

Probably what happened was all the flats/cases of water were sold out so they were forced to buy the single ones which were probably more expensive.

Plus if you think about it - who goes to Home Depot for water? Probably someone who went to a few grocery stores who were sold out and had no other choice but Home Depot which enforces the fact that the actually cases which are cheaper were probably sold out everywhere and the only place he could get bottles of water individual or otherwise was home depot.
    GoJays and lecale like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I totally see 24 individual bottles. This is why people shouldn't trust Facebook to get their news.

If they did in fact buy a case, it's human error that input them as singles
    Poirot and lecale like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

24 individual bottles....that's how I read the bill...
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

An employee posted on the page that they knew of the incident from working in the store it happened in, the customer wanted 24 individual bottles for the price of a flat, but went through self scan and complained because individual bottles of water ended up costing that much...

He's a moron, and Home Depot is taking the flack for it. It's pathetic, really.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I agree

I can not believe what other's are posting about the receipt on there page saying they won't shop there because they "think" Home depot is ripping off people which is clearly not true. People need to open there eyes and read the facts before they say anything.

Home depot has even donated money to help and people are just bashing the business

Thanks to everyone for all the reply's

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    An employee posted on the page that they knew of the incident from working in the store it happened in, the customer wanted 24 individual bottles for the price of a flat, but went through self scan and complained because individual bottles of water ended up costing that much...

He's a moron, and Home Depot is taking the flack for it. It's pathetic, really.
    Last edited by mandy403; Mon, Jun 24th, 2013 at 11:14 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Do you have the FB link? I wanna leave a comment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information