User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: Question for the parents out there...

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

besides all the basics, i would really like to instill in my kids a sense of confidence and self respect.

i believe that if they are confident in their abilities (not arrogant or conceited) and they make decisions that honor their sense of self respect, they will be happy, satisfied and accomplished when it comes to providing for themselves and being in relationships.

it probably sounds a little weird, but i think those are 2 areas we tend to fail miserably at, or take a long time figuring out. i am hoping that if they have a good sense of self respect and belief in their own abilities plus the ability to recognize their own strengths and weaknesses it will allow them to go for what they desire and believe in with a good solid foundation to ensure they make positive decisions.

i just want them to be happy, and not get lost in confusion, a poor sense of self worth or fear about following their passions
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Just be yourself, forgive, never forget, enjoy the simple things, life is delicious, love, love love, with all you have and don't be afraid to get hurt. Just live.
    ~ Becky ~

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Not as much pearls of wisdom but I had always vowed that if I were ever blessed with a child I would expose them to everything and everything. From piano lessons to art to baseball to broccoli to new languages and travel to new countries and cultures and some of the basic fears or interests would be resolved or sparked. (Experience life and learn everything that is possible and don't be afraid to discover). Complete opposite of what I grew up from. (Never stop growing).

I also agree with everyones pearls.

What is your conclusion westcoastblondie?
    Last edited by oscarandme; Fri, Jun 28th, 2013 at 01:38 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Every thing I do as a parent to make my children good citizens can be summed up in this.

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

I hope my kids grow up with a great sense of compassion and humility. I think a lot of people in this world seem to be lacking it.
    anisa, Natalka, xox2010 and 4 others like this.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ compassion and humility, bang on!

Hubby and I were talking about this yesterday, and how most people just can't let go and allow their humility lead them through life.

it's a sad fate for this world when people stop being compassionate
    Last edited by anisa; Fri, Jun 28th, 2013 at 12:14 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks to everyone for answering. It's nice to hear so many different perspectives. Another one I think is really important (of course I'm not a parent so I don't know as much as you guys do) is accountability. I think it's important to teach accountability as well.
    xox2010 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information