User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Costco Snowsuits are out get them before they are gone :)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

baby -3T carters 29.99
    4t and up 66.99

get them now because they wont be there in the winter months and they are great snow suits they are warm and made very well

Happy Canada Day Weekend everyone
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    Minou, dizzyb, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/<wbr>tash1111--join swagbucks today Fun and Easy to earn GC's. Paypal etc

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I saw that today while I was shopping. No swimsuits of course, it's summertime so it's snowsuit season!

I'm sure they're great quality, but I've never paid $60 for a kids snowsuit. I've so far managed to find them off-season in Sears, etc. for under $30, or buy them at the end of winter.
    dizzyb, Shwa Girl and victorialm like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Me, too... the up-to-3T ones are a decent price,and it's good to know that people don't actually have to stock up almost a year in advance to get a good price, but paying more than double for a 4 compared to a 3 is crazy! Better to get a good end-of-season deal on a 4+ jacket for about $20, and then buy a pair of black ski pants on clearance for $9-$15. Most "snowsuits" in bigger sizes seem to be sold as separates anyway.

While we have hand-me-downs available from my older son, I couldn't resist buying my youngest a snowsuit from Superstore for $15 a few months ago! It's very cute.

Will have to stalk Costco regularly looking for deals now that I'm off for the summer! Thanks for posting this!
    Shwa Girl and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Snowsuit?!

No
    way.

What is wrong with Costco?
    It's June 29 and about 25 degrees Celcius.
    Ciel, LIVE SIMPLE, Candini and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Snowsuit?!

No
    way.

What is wrong with Costco?
    It's June 29 and about 25 degrees Celcius.
    Nowhere near that here in Haliwood. Monsoon season (meaning endless rain), lows of about 12 at night, maybe 22 in the day if we're lucky! We had one hot day, but otherwise nothing.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I think Costco is able to get better prices on things by selling them to a market willing to buy before the season begins. Then, when the season's about to start, the manufacturers can sell those same items at regular or slight sale prices through regular channels to people who don't plan ahead. Halloween candy and costumes come out in August. I remember buying summer baby rompers last year when they went on special sometime around March! The same rompers were much more expensive at the Carter's store in June!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

And keep in mind that Sears usually starts their 40 or 50% off clearance offers in the second and third week of July... I buy lots of stuff there every year in future sizes for my kids, and it amazes me how much fall and winter-appropriate stuff I've found. Last year, I found boys' Levis jeans for $7.50 a pair!
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Thank you for letting me know! I will pick one up for my daughter!

This is a question for all Mums out there: My daughter is 14 months old and currently wears a size 18-24 months? Should I pick up a 2/2T/3/3T? Thanks in advance she is our first and I'm still not good at understanding all the sizes yet.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

2/2T should be fine. My son seemed to get out of a size every 6-8 months. so one size bigger should be fine.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponclippercaitie View Post
    Thank you for letting me know! I will pick one up for my daughter!

This is a question for all Mums out there: My daughter is 14 months old and currently wears a size 18-24 months? Should I pick up a 2/2T/3/3T? Thanks in advance she is our first and I'm still not good at understanding all the sizes yet.

2/2T should be fine. My son seemed to get out of a size every 6-8 months. so one size bigger should be fine.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I agree, 2/2T should be fine.

On a side note, I'd caution against Carter's for older/active/really rough kids. Not sure about other people's experience but I bought one for my son when he was a year (just walking) and it kept ripping. Took it back and exchanged (paid $60 at Bonnie Togs) and got another one. The second one (different style) did the same thing.

Then I bought Colombia for him at the outlet and no problems (and he put it to the test!). Now I just stick to them. They are so lightweight and durable. At the end of the season I got both kids Columbia suits for this coming year ($35 each!).
    pamjcoupon likes this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Yes, probably 2T, especially since she's small. Have a look at the sizing, though, when you see the suits. Sizing can really depend on the manufacturer. I've found Please Mum snowsuits huge, and London Fog running slightly small (I'm sure my little guy could wear his brother's 4T jacket from last year). I've bought a 3T snowsuit for my son, who will be 2 at the end of November. He was out of 18-24 months in shirts when he was about 10 months old. He's generally wearing a 3 in tops at 19 months. While his legs are short, I've also been putting him in 3T shorts, as I like it when they're long enough to protect the knees!

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Thank you for all your help! I will pick up a 2T!

And I know what you guys mean about sizing being off. Some brands she still wears a 12 months, while others she is in a 24 months! I don't know how stores can fluctuate so much!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

totally agree about columbia! I love them and so does my ds who also puts it to the test

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I agree, 2/2T should be fine.

On a side note, I'd caution against Carter's for older/active/really rough kids. Not sure about other people's experience but I bought one for my son when he was a year (just walking) and it kept ripping. Took it back and exchanged (paid $60 at Bonnie Togs) and got another one. The second one (different style) did the same thing.

Then I bought Colombia for him at the outlet and no problems (and he put it to the test!). Now I just stick to them. They are so lightweight and durable. At the end of the season I got both kids Columbia suits for this coming year ($35 each!).
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

already? lol Im not due until september... any idea what size I should get? ( sorry for the dumb question, but Im clueless lol)
    Last edited by aussie; Sun, Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information