User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Stupid People leaving kids in car during extreme heat

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All day yesterday, on the news, there were HOT WEATHER ADVISORIES in Edmonton. It does not take a smart person to go outside, and feel the heat!!

It is just stupid as can be, that someone will leave a child or animal inside a car, that tends to heat up 10C - 15C hotter then it is outside.

Stupid!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Police say a little girl left inside a parked car during extreme heat in Edmonton has died in hospital.

The three-year-old child was found near death Tuesday evening outside a townhouse complex. It's not known who rescued her or how long she had been in the vehicle.
    Paramedics performed CPR and provided hydration before the youngster was taken by ambulance to the Stollery Children's Hospital.
    Police say it's still early in the investigation and they're not releasing any details.
    The temperature in Edmonton hit 33 C on Tuesday and felt like 43 C with humidity levels.
    A funeral was being Wednesday for a two-year-old Ontario boy, who died last week after being left alone in a sweltering car in Milton, west of Toronto.
    Catherine Gaudreau, a spokesperson for the Canada Safety Council warned against jumping to conclusions in assigning blame, however, stressing such tragedies are less likely to be incidents of callous neglect than instances of a simple, irreversible lapse in memory

((((( irreversible lapse in memory I guess is the politcally correct way to say 'Stupid Person'. )))))

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...hospital/8707/
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    ryry and Autum like this.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

w.t.f?????? unbelievable!
    vesper and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is sickening. I see it a lot too. NO, it's NOT okay to leave ANY living thing in a hot car! Friggin hell, how DUMB can people be? I hope the parent or whoever was watching these kids is put in jail.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I can't imagine what kind of death that would be...suffering from extreme dehydration and wondering why you are all alone.Sickening, I can't believe anyone could be that negligent.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Regardless of the weather it is never ok to leave a child in a car but add in the heat and that is a whole new level of stupid. I can't believe that every summer we hear these stories. There is just no excuse IMHO. Same goes for pets.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Wed, Jul 3rd, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I am at a loss for words....
    online, vesper and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sadly, there was a funeral for a 2 year old in Milton today. His parents left him with a relative and the relative forgot the child in the car in the front of the house

And a few years ago, Montreal (?) an infant was left in the car seat all day at the father's work parking lot. It was a mix up as to who was taking the baby to day care - mother or father. Morning rush and rush hour...
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Jul 3rd, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
    xox2010 and vesper like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Another 2 year old toddler died in Milton, Ontario in the last week ..really sad and tragic

I think the funeral was held today.

Can't even imagine , what the family must be going through.
    vesper and Shirnette like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

These are such sad stories, and some of them are infuriating.
    GoJays, vesper and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

The whole situation is frustrating!!! I have two children and I won't even leave them in the car to run in to pay for my gas. They are children, you have to protect them at all times. Just irresponsible!!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would not hesitate for a second to smash the closed window of any vehicle that I saw that contained an animal or a child during the summer.
    I do not care what the repercussions are.
    There is no excuse for that level of thoughtlessness.

My children are NEVER out of my sight or out of ear shot.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

There are definitely cases of abusive and neglectful parents but if you can stomach it -- it's worth reading this article which talks about how these kinds of things can happen and actual parents that have done it. The number of incidents have gone up with rear facing car seats, in the backseat. It seems incomprehensible, but these stories are heart breaking.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...022701549.html

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

i say do the same to the stupid bas*ta*d that left the poor baby girl in the car to die...let them know what it felt like......there is NO EXCUSE for this to have happened
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Sadly, there was a funeral for a 2 year old in Milton today. His parents left him with a relative and the relative forgot the child in the car in the front of the house

And a few years ago, Montreal (?) an infant was left in the car seat all day at the father's work parking lot. It was a mix up as to who was taking the baby to day care - mother or father. Morning rush and rush hour...

How do you even DO that? The first one especially. You'd think you'd notice you're down a kid. Or don't have the ONLY kid you're supposed to be watching.

I might actually kill a person if they did that to my child. How sad, my stomach is in knots thinking about it.
    online, Candini, i_forget and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad the weather network and SPCA and news are really educating people right now. It's things like this, that I am sure, make police and ER nurses cry at night.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information