User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: iPad 2 or Android tablet?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in the market for a tablet-like computer. I was wondering if an iPad is worth the price. Any feedback would be great! thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I have an ipod and an android phone and I prefer the android phone with the apps. My mom has an ipad and after using it some I decided that when I get a tablet it won't be an ipad. It is slow and not worth the price in my opinion.
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Love my iPad. BUT not familiar with the android.
    I have the ipad2.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Love my iPad mini (contest win) ... and I couldn't live without it - but I also use a MacBook and iPhone so I can sync it all.

I haven't heard much about Androids, so definitely do some googling and play with both in store to see which feels right for your needs.
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mother uses an ASUS EEEEpad. It's pretty good. She bought the version that comes with a detachable keyboard so she can turn it into a mini laptop. It's quite versatile but it probably cost her more than an iPad 2 when it was all said and done.
    The iPad is also very good. As was mentioned above, if you have other Apple products such as an iPod, Mac, etc, you can sync them all together.
    It all depends on what you want to use it for.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It all depends which Android tablet you are looking at. With that said, I would recommend 90% of the droid tablets over an iPad. Way more flexibility and better specs

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i have a nexus7 (android) and i actually redeemed optimum points to pay for most of it at SDM.

i love it! it has great apps, is a nice little machine, the size is great. i had a 10" tablet before, but like the smaller 7" size, it's much more practical. probably comparable to the smaller ipad in size?

for me, it was mainly about price. even if apple was THE best, i can't justify the prices. being able to redeem points was huge for me, in my decision to buy the nexus7

most importantly for me, i can use a kindle app on my nexus, and it makes the tablet into an awesome e-reader. i love kindle compared to sony reader and kobo.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have never been a fan of ITunes, but my daughter, both my parents, and many other family members have the ipad 2. They really are nice machines and Apples customer service is second to none. I think it comes down to what you are used to. If you have an iphone and love it, you will be frustrated with an android and vise versa. All this in mind, do not forget if you do decide on the Android, you can get dome pretty cheap ones after Shopper's points or consider opening a TD bank account and get the Samsung for free. Best of luck, enjoy whichever you purchase and let us know what you decide.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't own any Apple products so I can't comment on this brand. However, I recently bought a Google Nexus 7 inch tablet, Android. I've played around with it and so far really like it. There are many apps you can download on Google Play. It can also be used as an e-reader (Kindle) which I haven't tried yet. It runs smoothly. No complaints.
    mulock likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for all your input! I eventually decided on the ipad 2, just because it's something I'm comfortable with, and I got a good deal on a refurbished one.
    anisa, sassypants and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think alot of the decision between iOS and Android has to do with the level of computer knowledge in general. Less tech savvy people like the simplicity of Apple, and people who want to be able to customize things more and make more changes lean towards Android. Android is better at things that are standard like playing movies in DivX format, while Apple is much more proprietrary.
    mulock likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go for Anroid ..
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Android. But then, I'm biased towards Android ever since I made the switch from Apple (iPod and iTouch sit in a drawer at home) to Samsung.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinarene View Post
    Thank you for all your input! I eventually decided on the ipad 2, just because it's something I'm comfortable with, and I got a good deal on a refurbished one.
    How are you liking the Apple choice?
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

MS Surface RT 10.6 inch is also a very good deal with the price drop.

Solidly built tablet and comes with a full version of MS Office

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...rchPageIndex=1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information