User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Is the SC site super-slow or is it just me???

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    Yes, I have.

Please keep in mind that, in my case, it is ONLY the SmartCanucks site that is affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
    For me as well. Everything else is working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    I am having this problem on my desktop and my laptop at home as well as my computer at work. All are IE, but different versions. Work and home desktop are Windows XP, personal laptop is Windows 7.

I have cleared my cache on all three computers.

Other sites are loading at a normal speed for me. It is only the SC forum that is this slow.
    Forum Expert and FallenPixels,

Are you still looking into possible reasons why some of us have recently had issues with the speed of SmartCanucks (and ONLY SmartCanucks)?
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Mon, Jul 8th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Lotsasavings - Why don't you switch to Google Chrome? You will definitely like Chrome over IE. I use Chrome and have no problems browsing SC forum or blog(though blog is loading slower these days because of all the facebook,twitter,etc etc logos)
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Forum Expert is (I do not have access to those kind of files) but as he mentioned, he is travelling at the moment
    Boo is also aware of the issue
    Jezebel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Am using IE and Windows XP.

I, too, am having the same problem and it started at around the same time as the others are noting here. At first I thought it was my own computer. Any other site is okay, only SC either is very slow and/or will freeze the screen by putting "(not responding)" on the top and then it freezes my computer, so I have to reboot entire computer, continuously.

I always open up SC with the Blog, I had to give up on that. Tonight, I just lucked out so far to be able to get into the forum without a glitch so far by quering via google if anyone is having SC slowing computer problems, and found this commentary just now, so adding my info if it helps anyone.

I tried clearing all cache and cookies (and keep doing this daily) and everything else I could think of, even tried various times of the day and night thinking there was too much internet traffic. Nothing helps so far.

Thank you in advance if a cure can be found as I feel lost without checking with SC every day every time I get on the computer.
    Last edited by shirl57; Mon, Jul 8th, 2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added info
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Hmmm the blog and forum are run completely separately so not sure what it could be on both, I will try to catch Boo online again
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponlady View Post
    Lotsasavings - Why don't you switch to Google Chrome? You will definitely like Chrome over IE. I use Chrome and have no problems browsing SC forum or blog(though blog is loading slower these days because of all the facebook,twitter,etc etc logos)
    Couldn't agree more Plus, you can download an awesome gadget with Chrome that you can't with IE that also helps immensely... but I'm not gonna mention the name of it here 'cause I might get in trouble...

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

It's now Wednesday morning and SC is running at regular speed again for me. Hopefully, it will last.

I appreciate the advice given but I haven't made any changes on my end. I'm still using IE since everything except SC was just fine.

If something has been done by the techs on the SC end, thank you to those responsible. It's great to be able to browse SC normally again!
    shirl57 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I don't think they changed anything but glad it is working for you again

Everyone else?
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I am using work computer this morning, which was the worst, and things seem to be back to normal
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Great to hear
    ~ ~ ~

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shirl57 View Post
    Am using IE and Windows XP.

I, too, am having the same problem and it started at around the same time as the others are noting here. At first I thought it was my own computer. Any other site is okay, only SC either is very slow and/or will freeze the screen by putting "(not responding)" on the top and then it freezes my computer, so I have to reboot entire computer, continuously.

I always open up SC with the Blog, I had to give up on that. Tonight, I just lucked out so far to be able to get into the forum without a glitch so far by quering via google if anyone is having SC slowing computer problems, and found this commentary just now, so adding my info if it helps anyone.

I tried clearing all cache and cookies (and keep doing this daily) and everything else I could think of, even tried various times of the day and night thinking there was too much internet traffic. Nothing helps so far.

Thank you in advance if a cure can be found as I feel lost without checking with SC every day every time I get on the computer.
    As much as it pained me not to get onto SC since this last posting (above), I avoided it so as not to crash my computer regularly. Then today, I couldn't stay away any longer so took a chance and tried SC again. Well to my surprise, it is working just like "in the old days", all of about a week ago. I feel so relieved.

I don't know if anything on SC site behind the scenes was worked on (technically), and if it was and was rectified, a very big thank you. SC is like part of my "family". But if nothing was done and it's just working again, then I guess our "coupon/deals gods" above felt we just need to connect properly again.

Anyway, thank you no matter what. I'm "with family" again now.
    Last edited by shirl57; Thu, Jul 11th, 2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: typo
    FallenPixels likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mine seems to be working now as well. Not sure what happened there but it was obviously a problem with the site since so many of us experienced it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everything working fine now, I hope?
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Seems to be
    ~ ~ ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information