User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: QOTD: Tues 9 July: when was the last time you cleaned...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Lets face it...no one likes doing it...but when you do, you enjoy it so much more!
    When was the last time you cleaned your (bed)room?
    general tidy up, spring clean, purge, or outright gut and redecorate...
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes
    DANGER

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Last weekend - we threw out anything we haven't used in the last year. We donated 4 garbage bags of clothes haha

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

ugh, i've always hated cleaning my bedroom - when i was younger, there were clothes everywhere - u couldn't even see the carpet. Now that I'm older with kids, and all "grown up" and plus I gotta be a "role model"... lol..... so, the last time i cleaned was a couple of days ago (putting clothes away, dusting, vacuuming)

i tend to clean my children's rooms daily or every other day - but more frequently than mine.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, it's clean, but it's messy around the edges - I'm a piler! Books are reproducing, I swear!

The bed is the most important; it's pristine (- the only dirty things are what goes on in it, lol!)

Don't 'decorate' per se, but have a new duvet cover for our special quilt (got a handmade one for our wedding and the cover is wearing out), and pillowshams.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i'm a minimalist
    always throwing things out.
    danger_dan, coyote00 and vesper like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Our bedroom is small so there is no room for clutter, I am constantly cleaning and purging. I do big cleanups of clothes in spring and fall. I don't really have a large wardrobe because I don't work so no need for one right now. My DH has work clothes , same model shirt in every color and basic black dress pants lol.

I have quite a few pics. of the kids on the wall and some on a floating shelf. A few knick knacks and a tv, side table lamps, the usual.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

we redecorated about 3-4 years ago.. its now an 'oasis'. very hotel like.. LUV it..
    we clean once a week, he does his side i do mine. vacuum and dust after, sheets are washed every Friday.. and duvet is done 1-2x a year. i try extremely hard to make sure this is NO clutter.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I clean our bedroom every 3 to 4 days. Well, lately it's been once a week (since the kids are doing it) then, once a month a move everything and give the hardwood a good cleaning then put everything back. We redid the bedroom shortly before my kitchen reno, so I won't be redoing it for another few years (although every year I LOVE the new styles and colours that come out).
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    i'm a minimalist
    always throwing things out.
    oh noooooooo, don't throw stuff out, sell it, put it on freecycle, or just give it to someone in need. I've found that blankets, pillows and general bedroom accessories can ALWAYS be used by someone, especially a homeless person.
    danger_dan, Shwa Girl and coyote00 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well, I'm fairly tidy, but I am a clothes horse... I took so many articles of clothing to the Diabetes drop-off bin it was despicable. I have enough clothing to not do laundry for months, and I've proven it (yep, I really did...). We just moved so that took care of a lot of the extra "crap" that accumulates over time, but we're still trying to pare down a little bit. I am in the process of saving up for a new headboard/footboard/frame for the bed, and with that comes losing some storage space (I want a platform bed, so can't shove my bins under the bed anymore).

Right now the bedroom is pretty darn good. My parents are coming to visit in two weeks, and will be staying in our room (I'm kicked to the futon and my fiance to the couch) so it better be spic-and-span by then.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Last time I cleaned the bedroom was Sunday. We usually clean every week or if we missed a week, then we clean the week after. We have so much dust that we have to vacuum often.

Tidying up the closet is once a month. It's not always messy. It's just DH who would pull a tshirt from the bottom and leave the rest in a mess. Like when he's looking for a specific tshirt, opens one, it's not it, then just put it back unfolded, repeat.

For our en-suite, the toilet is cleaned every week, the rest every 2 weeks.
    danger_dan, coyote00 and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I do a general clean up every day....make the bed, pick up clothes, put in Laundry basket or closet. Vacuum once a week as well as change the bedding. I hate a cluttered bedroom.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Our bedroom is usually clean UNLESS you go into my hubby's dreaded "things I can't throw out cupboard". I refuse to even open the doors anymore

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did a big clean up last week. Donated 5 bags of stuff to charity. I generally vacuum, dust, wash the kitchen, bathroom floors once a week. Tidy the bedroom every other day as in picking up clothes, tidbits. I don't mind cleaning as long as I have music playing. Makes it go by faster lol.
    Natalka, danger_dan and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In my bedroom I have a bed and coat hanger and a small night stand, that is it.

My closet and dress is in the next room.

It is amazing how quick it is to clean up this way.

Maybe I should get in there one of these days and clean it

^^ My cat sitter cleans up for me at a reasonable rate... and she snoops to!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information