• 4 Post By ericaraina
  • 3 Post By MrsSunshine
  • 5 Post By Minou
  • 3 Post By ericaraina
  • 3 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: Expenses at Work: Sadness

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Once a month I go through the receipts for the expenses at my work for my boss and every so often I come across a receipt for loblaws, shoppers, IGA etc.

It PAINS me to see the products she purchased for a) full price and b) without coupons!!

Anyone else get saddened by others spending more than they should/could?
    This thread is currently associated with: IGA, Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

At the end of the rainbow potohgold's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seeing people pay full price if they are being reimbursed doesn't bother me.

What bothers me if they aren't using PC Points Mastercard or Shoppers Optimum or Air Miles! Double dip for heavens sake!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That pains me too! Especially with so many companies financially strapped.No need to spend so much.
    LIVE SIMPLE and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

OMG there were too many unclaimed optimum points, i almost called to claim them!
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post
    OMG there were too many unclaimed optimum points, i almost called to claim them!
    lololololol

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

after thinking on this for awhile, i decided to post.. you should step forward and ask for a little meeting with this person. after all what company doesn't want to save a few bucks. who knows they may end up making you their 'purchasing agent' you might just get the points after all.. if it at least thanks for the ideas.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I imagine "expenses" are things purchased on the fly when they're suddenly needed. No chance to do much comparison shopping there.

What really makes me sad is the way book purchasing by school divisions is often inefficient. I'm working on a high-school classroom library right now, and while it's easy to find recent, good-quality books in pristine condition for $0.50-$4 at garage sales and thrift stores, divisions tend to purchase through large retailers on a PO, for much closer to full price. Recent teen hardcovers are $18-$22 at a bookstore, while paperbacks are usually around $11.00. When it comes to ordering from Chapters, schools can't get the online price when using a PO. It's cover price plus 20% off instead as an "educational" price, and shipping has to be paid -- it's not free over $25 like it is for the average consumer online. New releases/bestsellers are 40% off cover price at Walmart, for heaven's sake. So, when we can get some school or divisional money for classroom books, it doesn't go nearly as far. A box set of Lord of the Rings would cost a school $7 plus shipping more than it would cost someone to buy online... multiply that by a large order, and a school is paying much more for the books than the average consumer would -- and yet, they're placing a larger order! I've bought hundreds of books myself, and wish we could use school funds to just buy secondhand books that are like new and then get reimbursed. Some teachers buy a lot themselves, and others figure that if the school/division doesn't value books enough to pay for them, they shouldn't need to spend their own money. Something else that happens is that when a set of near-indestructible Permabound editions of a classroom book is ordered, costing about $15, those handling purchasing may decide to order $13 paperbacks instead. Permabounds often last 20 years or more, while a set of paperbacks needs to be either replaced or rebound (at a cost of about $14 each) after about four years.

Would be nice to get the greatest possible benefit for students with taxpayers' money!

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I had a little chat with my boss. Shes going to list the brands that she uses at home as well as the brands she does/would buy for the office, and I'll bring her coupons as often as possible

The optimum card is my next lecture lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

WTG! Keep us updated on how things progress. I'm definitely curious to see if you can 'convert her' and make her 'see the light' when it comes to couponing!
    I had a little chat with my boss. Shes going to list the brands that she uses at home as well as the brands she does/would buy for the office, and I'll bring her coupons as often as possible

The optimum card is my next lecture lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Once a month I go through the receipts for the expenses at my work for my boss and every so often I come across a receipt for loblaws, shoppers, IGA etc.

It PAINS me to see the products she purchased for a) full price and b) without coupons!!

Anyone else get saddened by others spending more than they should/could?
    You should be happy ..we pay less because these people pay more.

If everyone starts paying Sale price ( not talking abt. cpns as the store gets reimbursed ) ..the stores would actually increase the price as they won't meet their profit margins.

Its like plane tickets ..people who buy business class tickets , actually subsidise the economy class tickets , so we end up paying less. If no one buys business class tkts , the price of the economy class will go up considerably.

The Full price customer's actually subsidise us savers either directly or indirectly
    Poirot, Granger and torontogal12 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No, I don't care how people choose to spend their money.

Thread Information