Trading Score
    83 (100%)

games? cool food ideas? anything.

thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

At my shower, they played the "make a wedding dress out of a roll of toilet paper" and I had to pick the best one. You make small groups or partners, and use one person in each group as the model.
    People can have a magical hidden skill when it comes to making toilet paper dresses.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If you haven't already, sign up for Pinterest. It has SO many great ideas!
    I threw my girlfriend a wedding shower a few months back and used many ideas off there.

Wedding Dress out of TP is good.

I've also played "The Newly Wed Game" (you prepare questions to give the Groom, then ask the Bride in front of her guests. The guests guess how many she will get correct. Some people take it to the next level and have the bride pop a piece of Hubba Bubba gum every time she gets it wrong.
    If there's a large amount of people going, you can have a timer set while the bride is opening gifts - then when the timer goes off, the gift she's opening, the sender gets a prize. This keeps the guests engaged while she's opening her gifts.

You can also find really cheap decorating ideas on Pinterest.
    I make puff balls out of tissue paper and another ball out of muffin holders off there.

Cheap finger foods - Pin Wheels: take a wrap, spread cream cheese on it and cut up craisins and lettuce. Roll it up nice and tight and cut before you serve.
    You can google a 100 different things to put inside these wraps. Just roll them tight, and refrigerate them wrapped in cling wrap (individually).

That's all for now.
    But my other suggestions - Pinterest and Google.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Cut panties out of the Sears catalog and pin them on everyone's shirt. If someone sees someone crossing there legs they can steal their panties. Whoever has the most panties at the end wins. Kinda lame but isn't that what shower games are all about??? lol
    Natalka likes this.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Game idea: fill a tray with misc household items and get the bride to walk around the room saying "this is a memory game". then have her leave the room and tell everyone to list all the things.. she was... wearing! make sure they are specific, not just generic with their answers (a shirt, earrings, etc).
    Natalka likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

thank you all.... I will be going to pinterest too

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

One thing we always do at showers in our family -

When the bride to be is opening gifts, have someone on the side covertly writing down things she says as she opens them - such as

"Wow, I love that!"
    "I've never seen one like that!"
    "it's so big!"

Then after she's done opening the gifts, you have someone read out the list as: "What the bride said on her wedding night"... it's absolutely hilarious! (of course, you weed out the ones on the list that don't make sense beforehand...)
    What doesn't seem suggestive, can sure turn out to be... (and if there are children at the shower, there's no bad language, either...)
    ------

Last shower I was at, there was this nice icebreaker to have everyone introduce themselves. It worked well with about 20 women.

Person says her name, and her relationship to the bride - e.g. I'm Helen, friend of the bride from university.
    Next person says Hi Helen, I'm Nat and I'm the bride's younger sister.
    Next - Hi Helen and Nat, I'm .......
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Jul 13th, 2013 at 09:47 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Two truths and a lie....each lady tells two truths about their relationship with the bride and one lie....everyone else has to guess which one is the lie. My MoH had this game at my shower recently and I loved it!

Thread Information