User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: non optimumers are they rich or live in the dark?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok I just went to SDM and some guy in front of me spent over $100 and had no optimum card or even coupons. That would have been an easy $30 in points, I thought he was pretty dumb. He bought Gillette blades and a bunch of nivea for men stuff. I know there's coupons for all that stuff.. Anyways I thought I would post it.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Sadly so many people are not as enlightened as we are. It is painful to watch.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

why didnt you ask him if you could get your card scanned for it all then? whos the dumb one now??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    why didnt you ask him if you could get your card scanned for it all then? whos the dumb one now??
    ha ha I know I thought about doing that, but it was after the fact. I should just hang out at SDM and creep the lines lol.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I don't live near a SDM so I don't have a card. However should I have shopped there, I would ask the person behind me if they had a card and offered them my points.

Mr P occasionally has had to buy person hygiene items while travelling for work and he just goes into the first shop he sees that sells what he needs. It may seem strange to some people but if you only have a limited amount of time to buy something then getting a good price or using coupons becomes way behind buying the stuff and getting to your flight/train/meeting on time.
    Jezebel, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I have seen so many people not having an optimum card! I have to turn my head..it hurts soooooo bad, lol!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Mr P occasionally has had to buy person hygiene items while travelling for work and he just goes into the first shop he sees that sells what he needs. It may seem strange to some people but if you only have a limited amount of time to buy something then getting a good price or using coupons becomes way behind buying the stuff and getting to your flight/train/meeting on time.
    I kinda thought this might be the case with this guy... guess I'll never know
    SFARAZ and Anna Michele like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Many ppl don't have loyalty cards because they don't like giving away personal info and agreeing to the rest of the often invasive terms and conditions on these cards. Basically these corporations are giving us free stuff in exchange for access to all our personal info- which i am ok with for now (i dont have kids or a lot of money!) but i can definitely see that perspective. Especially now with everything that is going on in the US.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    I don't think you can cash on on 20x more than once during the same promo can you? I always use DH's card after mine in situations where I am spending enough to get two 20x
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

I DO have an optimum card or whatever its called...but I rarely shop at SDM...I find their prices to be higher than elsewhere. Admittedly, I dont know all the rules and ins and outs and cool things about this rewards program, but I just know that If I want to buy (for example) shampoo, bandaids, crackers and popsicles...I could go down the street to WM/FB/NF etc and save 50c-$1 on each item. SDM always seems to be so much more expensive!
    Lynn49, lecale, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have stood in line behind some people who don't have Optimum card and always on 20x days. I still haven't got the courage to ask if they mind if my card is scanned with their transaction.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The first part of your title might be the case with many......They are richer than we think, lol!! Still very painful to watch them throw savings out the window though.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    I don't think you can cash on on 20x more than once during the same promo can you? I always use DH's card after mine in situations where I am spending enough to get two 20x
    Just thought I would let you know that you can do as many 20x as you want during the same promo.
    Jezebel, MillieH, Bronwen and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I did the shoppers 20x event twice today. The guy ahead of me the second time didn't have a card and the cashier knew me so she scanned mine only 210 points but its better then nothing
    Anna Michele likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my oldest brother still uses our parents phone number so he saves money when he shops safeway, i recently gave him my extra airmiles card, hopefully he uses it.
    Bronwen likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information