User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman found not guilty.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's rather disturbing that even though Zimmerman was found innocent, it was proven Zimmerman was the one being attacked, not vice versa, that dispite all this, Obama still promotes the myth that Zimmerman stalked this kid, beat him up, then shot him dead for being black.

Leave the poor guy alone, the justice system worked, the president is making as @ss out of himself now.
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    It's rather disturbing that even though Zimmerman was found innocent, it was proven Zimmerman was the one being attacked, not vice versa, that dispite all this, Obama still promotes the myth that Zimmerman stalked this kid, beat him up, then shot him dead for being black.

Leave the poor guy alone, the justice system worked, the president is making as @ss out of himself now.
    I thought his speech was pretty powerful and the observations were spot on. I think it's more proof we don't know what it's like to be black.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I agree, I thought Obama's remarks were wholly inappropriate and, if anything, more divisive - he is NOT just a private citizen with an opinion; he's president to ALL Americans.
    abbasgirl, SnowFlakey and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I thought his speech was pretty powerful and the observations were spot on. I think it's more proof we don't know what it's like to be black.
    I agree there are issues.... but the Zimmerman is case has nothing to do with it, which makes it really wrong. Someone is going to kill that guy one day. IT's sad.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zimmerman rescues man from burning truck
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ew?id=19735432

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue someone who was trapped in an overturned truck, police said today.
    Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at the intersection of a Florida highway last week.
    The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route 417, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where he shot Martin.
    It's the first known sighting of Zimmerman since he left the courtroom following his acquittal last week on murder charges for the death of Martin. Zimmerman, 29, shot and killed Martin, 17, in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012. The jury determined that Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

While I'm not sure whether or not it was stalking in the legal sense of the word...Zimmerman certainly followed Martin first in his car and later on foot. And he did so after the dispatcher had told Zimmerman to back down and police were on thier way.

As for did Zimmerman beat up Martin or vice-versa, since the only other person who could answer that question is dead, we will never know the full story.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can't believe he helped save the man from the truck...guess all those people who are protesting are wrong about him!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Can't believe he helped save the man from the truck...guess all those people who are protesting are wrong about him!!
    What did that truck ever do to him? I hope he gets thrown in jail for good this time! How dare he rob an innocent truck of its occupants!? 35 years ago Obama could have been that truck!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is one of those moments when you ask, what if?

Those people in the truck may not have lived if he had not been there.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Committing one good action doesn't wipe out committing one act of extremely bad judgement. There have been plenty of evil people in the world who also performed good deeds.
    Natalka likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Committing one good action doesn't wipe out committing one act of extremely bad judgement. There have been plenty of evil people in the world who also performed good deeds.

He does have a history of doing good though. It was brought up during the trial.
    DaveP likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Not excusing what he did to Trayvon though.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The prosecution failed to prove it wasn't self defence. The dude who witnessed Tray onto of George was enough to plant a seed of doubt.
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Armed Zimmerman stopped for speeding in North Texas

CBS 11 News has learned that George Zimmerman, the man recently found not guilty for fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Florida, was armed when an officer pulled him over for speeding in North Texas. Zimmerman was pulled over on July 28 at 12:54 p.m., while traveling westbound on Highway 80 in Forney, a Kaufman County city about 20 miles east of Dallas.

When Zimmerman was pulled over in a gray-colored Honda pickup with Florida tags he told the policeman he was armed. The officer instructed him to leave the weapon in his glove compartment and said that if after checking his background, and if there were no criminal issues, he could go on his way. The entire incident was captured on the officer’s dashcam.
    At some point Zimmerman asked the officer if he recognized him from television and the officer said he did not.

Leaning toward the truck window, the officer and Zimmerman had this exchange.
    Officer: “Where you headed to?”
    Zimmerman: “Nowhere in particular.”
    Officer: “Nowhere in particular? Why do you say that?”
    Zimmerman: “You didn’t see my name?”
    Officer: What a coincidence.”
    After a background check, the 29-year-old was given a verbal warning for speeding and allowed to leave.
    Toward the end of the traffic stop, you hear the officer ask Zimmerman about current warrants.
    Officer: “Are you clear of warrants and stuff?”
    Zimmerman: “Absolutely, sir”
    Officer: “As long as you don’t have any warrants you’ll be cut loose with a warning OK? Just take it easy. Just go ahead and shut your glove compartment. Protect your firearm OK?”
    Forney Police aren’t talking about the traffic stop but since CBS 11 broke the story George Zimmerman tweeted the following message: “Our family receives many death threats. We all continue to take our security seriously and to ensure our safety in accordance with the law.”
    Zimmerman did not say why he was in North Texas or where he was headed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information