User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman found not guilty.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

He was in Texas where it's legal to carry a weapon, although why I don't know.
    i_forget and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

What's your point Darth? That he's armed? That's perfectly legal in Texas with a CCW, which he has. And with the number of threats he's gotten I'd want to be carrying too. Or is your point that he was speeding? Or is the point that you just noticed a story two days old that everyone else who is interested in this story has already heard about days ago?

I'm asking because it's hard to tell what you're trying to say when you post a link and a quote with no comment whatsoever from yourself, over and over and over...

Why should we react to your links and quotes when you don't?
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, Aug 1st, 2013 at 07:54 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes in Texas you are allowed to carry guns. In north Dallas metroplex area, where my kin folk all live, most people have guns in house and vehicle. It is always a wise thing to do, to let the officer who pulled you over, that you are armed.

BTW, crime stats for most communities north of Dallas are lower than most Canadian cities.
    http://city-crime-statistics.findthe...xas/Lewisville
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Yes in Texas you are allowed to carry guns. In north Dallas metroplex area, where my kin folk all live, most people have guns in house and vehicle. It is always a wise thing to do, to let the officer who pulled you over, that you are armed.

BTW, crime stats for most communities north of Dallas are lower than most Canadian cities.
    http://city-crime-statistics.findthe...xas/Lewisville
    An armed society is a polite society.

Look at the crime statistics for Chicago with extreme violence while being the most anti-gun city in America. Gee, maybe the crime rates would be lower if some of the law abiding citizens had guns.

Then there's the UK.

Their violent crime rate is TWICE that of the US. No wonder they don't allow guns, nobody would be left alve in Blighty.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...n-in-u-s-.html

According to the Sydney-based Institute for Economics and Peace, the U.K. had 933 violent crimes per 100,000 people in 2012, down from 1,255 in 2003. In the U.S., the figure for 2010 was 399 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
    Last edited by DaveP; Fri, Aug 2nd, 2013 at 12:18 AM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I know that different states have differing rules re CCW..can you CC in another state using your home state permit or do you have to comply with the state laws where you are visiting??

Yup! Zimmerman was correct to say he had a gun and to follow the officers request. But I haven't yet watched the dash-cam*, so I don't know what tone of voice the " Do you know who I am?" is. And that was the part that struck me as being a tad off towards the LEO. Was he concerned, curious or something else??

* Adobe flash is a b*stard programme at times..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is a lot of truth to that. gun ownership around here is very high. It's amazing how much valuable things you can find laying around on a farm, yet it never gets stolen.

In the 90's gangs from Dallas started to car jack and rob places in the suburbs, until the Sheriffs started urging people to arm themselves. Now everyone does, problem solved.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Do you know who I am?"
    LOL, that is actually not something you want to say to a cop either

More than one major fugitive said those same words to the arresting officer.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There is a lot of truth to that. gun ownership around here is very high. It's amazing how much valuable things you can find laying around on a farm, yet it never gets stolen.

In the 90's gangs from Dallas started to car jack and rob places in the suburbs, until the Sheriffs started urging people to arm themselves. Now everyone does, problem solved.
    2 wrongs don't make a right

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While I can't get into his head to know what he's thinking, I think it must feel like the whole country knows about him and is out to get him. So I thought his question sounded like surprise over the cop not knowing and just treating it like a routine traffic stop. It was probably very stressful for someone in his position to be pulled over by a police officer.
    DaveP and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    2 wrongs don't make a right
    No I hope you didn't misunderstand... they are not shooting the gangs.... just now the gangs know them folks are armed now. LOL Sorry if I worded that wrong. There was a few shootings back like 10 years ago or so, I recall a car jacker picked the wrong Mom to rob. But no, people are not going around shooting gang members, that would be wrong, I agree.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

No I hope you didn't misunderstand... they are not shooting the gangs.... just now the gangs know them folks are armed now. LOL Sorry if I worded that wrong. There was a few shootings back like 10 years ago or so, I recall a car jacker picked the wrong Mom to rob. But no, people are not going around shooting gang members, that would be wrong, I agree.
    No, no I don't think I misunderstood. What I mean is I disagree that the solution is more guns, as many republicans like to say down there. Anyhoo, I don't feel like a gun debate, that's beating a dead horse. I won't change my mind and neither will you. Let's call it a draw
    i_forget and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I know that different states have differing rules re CCW..can you CC in another state using your home state permit or do you have to comply with the state laws where you are visiting??
    Of course you have to comply with the laws of the state you are in. And he was. Texas respects Florida's concealed carry laws. Otherwise he would have been arrested.
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, Aug 1st, 2013 at 11:39 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    No, no I don't think I misunderstood. What I mean is I disagree that the solution is more guns, as many republicans like to say down there. Anyhoo, I don't feel like a gun debate, that's beating a dead horse. I won't change my mind and neither will you. Let's call it a draw
    Yeah I think that for sure

Yahoo!!
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

George Zimmerman is arrested. Again. He pointed a gun at his girlfriend.
    His ex wife filed for divorce, after he threatened her and her father, with a gun.
    According to an arrest report released late Monday, Schibe called police after she and Zimmerman got into a "verbal dispute," at her home on Topfield Court in western Seminole County. She asked Zimmerman to leave, and he "began packing his items, which included a Shotgun and a AR Assault Rifle," the report said.
    When Scheibe told Zimmerman that she was calling the police, he pointed the shotgun at her "and asked her if she really wanted to do that," according to the report.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1837318.story

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This poor guy is a train wreck.
    Candini likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information