User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ariyadhana View Post
    http://blog.londondrugs.com/2011/04/...don-drugs.html

You can stack "cannot be combined with any other offer". You cannot stack "cannot be combined with any other COUPON offer". Not all cashiers are equally informed or equally trained on policies.
    I read the blog, where does it say 'any other offer' is O.K.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I prefer to go to the London Drugs on 51st Ave over the one in South Common. It's smaller, but they seem to be open to stacking. One of the cashiers I had was telling me about her stacking experiences!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yes i have been to the one on 51st, and have even traded coupons with the cashiers! i have always had great customer service there!

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I live in the park and prefer the one on 51st because they are much friendlier. The only problem is that sometimes they don't have the item because they are smaller.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lanand View Post
    The problem at South Common LD is a woman named Gita, she hates coupons. Don't even bother if she is manning the customer service desk unless you are up for sneers and snarky comments. Christina is the best to deal with, Caroline is also pretty good. Gita will do anything she can to make you go away with a negative opinion of her. She questions every coupon, tells you not to stack certain ones, complains about price matching, complains that you have too much, doesn't like you getting things for free, complains about how much time it takes, complains about there not being enough staff to deal with couponers right now, complains that it's too busy to do, too close to closing, too close to her break, complains that she needs to call for another cashier while she deals with you, complains if the coupons are cut crooked, wants you too match coupons to each item as she rings them in, and the next time wants all the coupons for same items at one time after all items are rung in. By the time she is done b&*^$ing about everything, I just want to strangle her.
    I make a habit of being as pleasant and helpfull as possible to LD cashiers, they really are a pleasant bunch, but she really frosts my cupcakes.
    Rika and I were in there today and she was there, so I made a point of greeting her and asking if this was a good time for us to shop with coupons. We got a big sigh, a complaint about her being the only cashier open, and an admonishment to not bring a cartful. Thankfully, someone else was there when it came time to ring through.
    I send in commendations for the good cashiers, fast or slow, as long as they are pleasant. I try to refrain from complaints, but Gita is going to get one now. Maybe a few other people need to email LD head office about her as well.

I find that highly offensive for many reasons.
    one, I know her personally. She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
    Two, she's wonderful with coupons. She is not, however, wonderful with attitude or crap handed to her. If you're willing to use her by name here and her as a 'bad' person to go to (with comments like, "don't bother if she's there", clearly you aren't showing much respect). You're ONE customer out of however many she (or any other) is dealing with that day. Stop and think about how many times she has to stop false coupons from going through, or deal with silly questions from those trying to coupon with no clue, or negative customers in any form. Customer service = a LONG day, especially at a place that's so known for couponing, like LD.
    I think the attacks on customer service in general need to stop. If you had a bad experience, that's fine. If two people did, that's fine. Guess what? for every bad experience, there are probably 50+ decent ones. If she's THAT terrible, she wouldn't have a job right now. Encouraging others to complain about somebody is just immature - forming a lynch mob because of a bad experience?
    And think about it - if you're remembering a cashier in a negative way, he/she is probably remembering you as a customer in a negative way, too. Seldom is a bad feeling about a person one sided.

Seriously SO offended right now. There are no words for how I feel.
    Last edited by krissiten; Wed, Jul 6th, 2011 at 05:33 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I just stacked at the north gate LD (using 3 coupons for one item), and I have always had good experience there. I always make sure I go to CS, and never question their decisions and they have always been very nice

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

Problem solved... I went back today and talked to a manager. He looked over my coupons and said they were fine. He also said that the coupons that we can't use are so very obvious in their wording.. something like can not be combined with any other coupon offer. Long story short I got my sunlight and I was able to use my coupons.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

You may know her personally, and you may like her, but there are many people who shop in her store who do not find her so wonderful. Is it possible she favours you because she knows you? I am not talking one bad experience, I am talking 6 consecutive bad experiences with the same person over the last 8 weeks. Some people may have a bad day, thats fine, but if every day at work is a bad day, you need a new job, or some medication. I am as pleasant and considerate (modest too, apparently ) a customer as anyone could wish for and have never said one rude word to the woman, but she still treats me like something she stepped in every time I am in that store. The only thing I have done to upset her is dare to use coupons and price match. I am impeccably organized, follow the rules to the letter and do everything I can to make the transaction as quick and easy as possible. She may not like me because of the way I look, I'm fat and hairy. She may not like people with beards. She may not like people in uniforms. She may not like queers. I don't know what it is that turns her off about me, but I'll bet dollars to donuts its the coupons and me getting things for free.

I don't understand why I should show her any great respect in this forum, which is about helping other couponers out. I am not lying about her or slandering her, I am relating actual experiences. It's not about mollycoddling unprofessional, unpleasant cashiers. There are at least 2 others on here who have had similar experiences with Gita. I am not suggesting a "lynch mob", or "attacking customer service", I am suggesting that people who have problems with her let the company know. I also encourage people to send in commendations for good customer service. Get enough of either as an employee and it will be recognized.
    Of the dozen or so CSRs and managers at three different LDs I have been to, only 2 have left a bad taste in my mouth - one I know could have been me, because I was tired, rushed, and cranky that day, and I haven't seen her again to get another opinion; she remains unnamed. Gita is always a negative experience, every time, and when I saw others having the same problems, I decided to speak up here, so others knew that it was not just them.

I have worked in customer service jobs for decades and I know what it takes to ruin the experience from both sides of the till. She does herself no favours, her demeanor and tone of voice invoke a negative response in the people she is dealing with. Long day or not, silly questions or not, she is being paid to represent the company in a pleasant and professional mannner. A weary smile would be ten times better than a condescending roll of the eyes. I know London Drugs takes pride in their customer service, and I am growing to like the company for that very reason, why wouldn't I try to help the company identify a problem in one of their stores? If she is consistantly turning people off, it will cost the company money. It's certainly not immature to want to make the experience better for future shoppers. I apply similar principals to everything in life, I don't let things go by unsolved if I can do something about it. Everything I do has the aim of making the world a better place. I don't need to coupon, I make more than enough to have no worries, I do it for fun and to donate to charities. Gita has helped take some of the fun out of it, but not so much that she deters me from continuing.

You have every right to defend a friends reputation, but I have just as much right to make honest observations about her.

Something that may help everybody out is if you talk to her and let her know that some of her customers have had bad experiences. Let her know people are talking about her, and make some suggestions to her about how to improve the impression she makes. Let her know about this forum and invite her to jump into the discussion herself, I would welcome a PM from her and the opportunity to talk to her privately.

Quote Originally Posted by krissiten View Post
    I find that highly offensive for many reasons.
    one, I know her personally. She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
    Two, she's wonderful with coupons. She is not, however, wonderful with attitude or crap handed to her. If you're willing to use her by name here and her as a 'bad' person to go to (with comments like, "don't bother if she's there", clearly you aren't showing much respect). You're ONE customer out of however many she (or any other) is dealing with that day. Stop and think about how many times she has to stop false coupons from going through, or deal with silly questions from those trying to coupon with no clue, or negative customers in any form. Customer service = a LONG day, especially at a place that's so known for couponing, like LD.
    I think the attacks on customer service in general need to stop. If you had a bad experience, that's fine. If two people did, that's fine. Guess what? for every bad experience, there are probably 50+ decent ones. If she's THAT terrible, she wouldn't have a job right now. Encouraging others to complain about somebody is just immature - forming a lynch mob because of a bad experience?
    And think about it - if you're remembering a cashier in a negative way, he/she is probably remembering you as a customer in a negative way, too. Seldom is a bad feeling about a person one sided.

Seriously SO offended right now. There are no words for how I feel.

Hmmmmm I'm thinking
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Tell her that their store selling the product is an "Offer" Their price is an "offer" different than other store prices and the words "Offer" are not clear. Even the Manufactures who make the coupons arent clear on what the words "Offer" mean... Cant use a coupon with a sale offer? a lower price offer? a clearance offer? a 2/1 offer? If WM has it on for $0.97 and they have it on for $0.99 can you not use the coupon there because WM has a different "offer" lol

As mentioned in an ealier post... if it states on the coupon "cannot be combined with any other COUPON offer" or even "Only ONE Manufacture coupon permitted per item" These 2 wordings mean they cannot be stacked... If they tell you something different they just dont want to enter in all the coupons. Ask to speak to the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by LSarge2 View Post
    i have had the exact same problem the last time i was at south common LD.(about 3 weeks ago) i was trying to stack for 4 OFF bug sprays, and she said "just this once" we could do 2, but they will no longer be accepting the stacks that say "not combined with any other offer" I was confused as its different then what the coupon policy said online, but i didn't say anything and happy i at least got 2. But I haven't gone back since, worried i might be rejected next time.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tell her that their store selling the product is an "Offer" Their price is an "offer" different than other store prices and the words "Offer" are not clear. Even the Manufactures who make the coupons arent clear on what the words "Offer" mean... Cant use a coupon with a sale offer? a lower price offer? a clearance offer? a 2/1 offer? If WM has it on for $0.97 and they have it on for $0.99 can you not use the coupon there because WM has a different "offer" lol

As mentioned in an ealier post... if it states on the coupon "cannot be combined with any other COUPON offer" or even "Only ONE Manufacture coupon permitted per item" These 2 wordings mean they cannot be stacked... If they tell you something different they just dont want to enter in all the coupons. Ask to speak to the manager.
    Thanks, i used to stack all the time, especially for diapers and wipes and shampoo. I will have to try saying that next time. Couponing has given me a little thicker skin, but I still get nervous trying to point something out. I usually avoid all confrontation and just agree with them. P

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I went to tthe LD in Oliver and the lady there said I could stack but I was only aloud 4 of a product. Apparently there is some lady going there who has been seen at a flea market reselling. They are really cracking down now. Makes it hard for us honest couponers who just want a good deal for our families>

Hmmmmm I'm thinking
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

OMG!!! Isnt there a song about... One bad apple spoils the whole darn lot? Gives us all a bad name... Its no wonder were having so many new problems

Quote Originally Posted by Hkymom66 View Post
    I went to tthe LD in Oliver and the lady there said I could stack but I was only aloud 4 of a product. Apparently there is some lady going there who has been seen at a flea market reselling. They are really cracking down now. Makes it hard for us honest couponers who just want a good deal for our families>

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

i'm sorry but i have to agree. I don't mean to be rude or mean, but the very first time I ever dealt with Gita (it was one of my earlier stacks and I was very prepared, plus it was small) she had a terrible attitude toward me, even though I was nice and cheerful. She accused me of clearing shelves and "cheating". I was very hurt and offended, and she even sneered some names under her breath to me. I called the manager about the problem and he apologized on her behalf. The last time I recall going to her she was definitely nicer, but she still scares me so I stay away.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I went with another smart canucker to the LD at southcommon and Gita was great! I even hooked her up with some coupons!!! LOL But I did sense a bit of tension at the beginning, I just had to warm her up and I was extra friendly! she was slightly reluctant when she looked to see how many cashiers were available etc.

Maybe you caught her on a bad day!
    Its becoming harder and harder for cashiers, I know its their job, but its shocking how rude people are to the cashiers now a days. Its no wonder why they hate coupons! I've seen customers trying to use expired coupons (clearly knowing they are expired), customers using photocopies etc

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My mother, the coupon queen, is in town. She was out to South Common yesterday and decided to stop in at LD since I had been talking about it. She was just checking it out, picking up snacks for Folk Fest and spotted a good deal on Nestle water - 24 packs 2 for $8 or $4.50 each. When she got to the till, customer service was the only one open. The water rang through at $8.88 each. My mom is not dumb, she knows SCOP and let the cashier know what the price on the shelf was and asked her to check it. Cashier refused! She said "This is the right price." Mom doesn't push things, but she makes sure to get her own back, she left the water but wrote down the cashiers name - Gita . Surprise! The store manager will be getting a phone call today.
    Last edited by lanand; Fri, Aug 5th, 2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: add icons

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information