User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Loblaws Buying SDM

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The number one obligation of any Corporation is profit for shareholders. If you look how pathetic the pc points reward program is you will see the future of the optimum program!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Well, at least they're Canadian!

Not holding out much hope for the future of the program... how could they possibly offer great rewards at SDM and pitiful ones at Loblaws chain stores?

Too bad! I'll miss a lot of the SDM brand products.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Wow! I was shocked to read this thread!! I am not impressed.....not (only) because of possible changes to our beloved Optimum plan, but here is yet another takeover.....less competition, more control by fewer companies. First it was the little stores being taken over, now it's the bigger stores being taken over. Just like the newspapers, only a handful of people own the world's newspapers.....talk about control over what is published. I don't like the way the world is being taken over by big Corporations.........(just my 2 cents!)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I can understand why there will be a combined house brand after the Life and PC Blue Menu lines merge but Simply Food's frozen food packaging sort of mimics the style and colours of PC Blue Menu. Don't see how Simply Food or for that matter Life brand would be sold in grocery stores.

Another thing-grocery store staff (in chains) usually belong to unions; pharmacy staff/retail floor staff do not belong to unions. Unless Shoppers gets reclassified, think the staff will be miffed having to deal with coupons/groceries unless Loblaws HQ decides "hey, no more coupons."

PC Plus is not about discounts/savings, it's about rewarding customers spending on regular retail priced items with more of the same or suggested item offers. Do you think PC Plus will offer a points donation option? I like that Optimum allows for such a use of points, especially if one does not have extra cash to mail/deposit for the flood relief in AB or other situations where people in Canada need help after a disaster.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 10:21 AM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Hmmmm...looking at the Positive side ..Can we use coupon zone coupons at SDM now ?..he he

Will SDM ..price match like No Frills and RCSS ?..he he

If not , then don't mess with the optimum points , bonus redemptions , 20 x events and other Sat/Sun special sale prices , milk price , egg prices , coupon counting towards 20 X points
    I imagine not as they didn't allow it at T&T and that's a grocery store. No price matching or CZ coupons. T&T did start allowing coupons, but on the few items in the store you can use them on, plus the higher prices, you probably don't want to....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    PC Plus is not about discounts/savings, it's about rewarding customers spending on regular retail priced items with more of the same or suggested item offers.
    Recently, I have been able to get some discounts/savings on PC Plus. They had the garden center deal: spend $100 get $10 off plus get 10000 PC Plus points. Using $20 in preexisting PC points, I spent $70 OOP, and earned $10 for future. Plus some of the garden center items were 30% off, so I got more that I would normally have been able to purchase.

You are right, these deals don't come often, but I am always on the look out for them.
    pippinelkhound, Ciel and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

good info thank you I will hold em and use em strategically throughout the year and see as I go into the new year what new information is released
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    42. The Shoppers Optimum Program will terminate at 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2016 (the “Termination Date”).

43. Shoppers Optimum Members will have until March 31, 2017 to redeem Shoppers Optimum Program rewards using Shoppers Optimum Points accumulated up to the Termination Date. Shoppers Optimum Points will expire at 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2017 and will not be honoured after such expiration date.

44. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to extend the Program beyond the Termination Date, or terminate the Program at any time prior to the Termination Date, by providing 30 days notice in Shoppers Drug Mart store flyers and notices posted in participating stores. If events beyond Shoppers Drug Mart’s control materially affect Shoppers Drug Mart’s ability to operate the Shoppers Optimum Program, the Program may be suspended or terminated without notice.

45. Shoppers Drug Mart may restrict, suspend or otherwise alter any aspect of the Shoppers Optimum Program, without notice. Any material changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted online and a copy of the Terms and Conditions will be made available at each participating store, upon request. The online version of the Terms and Conditions is the governing version. For the most current version of these Terms and Conditions please visit www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/english/optimum/legal.
    oscarandme likes this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Another thing-grocery store staff (in chains) usually belong to unions; pharmacy staff/retail floor staff do not belong to unions. Unless Shoppers gets reclassified, think the staff will be miffed having to deal with coupons/groceries unless Loblaws HQ decides "hey, no more coupons."
    Rexall belong to UFCW, it is not unheard of
    SDM already deal with some groceries and coupons, it will be no different for them than when the Simply Food line came in
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

That was my plan too! Hopefully we it it this year

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    Thanks!! I'll stick to my original plan of rack up all I can for the Christmas redemption and hope for the best afterwards!

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... I think they owe it to us. lol
    oscarandme likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think Rexall will struggle after this.

Now 25 % of the prescription market will be covered by Loblaws and SDM.

Those seniors and their precriptions are cash cows for SDM ..they charge $ 11.99 to count pills at SDM ..they actually make way more on these precription charges than on the actual drugs.

These pharmacist keep on talking abt. Providing other services like counselling patients , giving advice , catching mistakes yada yada ..but more often than not all they do is count pills..as they want to maximize their profits by hiring less staff and hence have very little time to spend with the customer's, counting pills and filling prescriptions and charging a ridiculous charge for doing the same is all they do thesedays.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I'm not too upset about this. I've had a pretty big distaste for SDM this last year. I've done a few 20x shops this year but haven't made a point of it. I find that there is always something I am buying that I wouldn't be buying otherwise THAT DAY to get the points. I'm the point where if anything happens to the optimum program I don't think I'll be too heartbroken.
    pippinelkhound, anisa and walkonby like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Just because they have no plans to change the optimum program now, doesn't mean that tomorrow they won't make a plan! I'm not hanging onto my points for too long.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Their statement did state they had plans to merge the two programs, I won't be using my points up right away but I will be watching the terms for changes in case it does chang before xmas
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information