User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Superstore and Sobeys!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Screw both of these rich corporations for buying up the stores I shop at and collect rewards and ruining the fun I had shopping. Ya ya it hasn't happened yet, but I know the damage will be done. Then you have the patriots thinking a Canadian corporation will screw Canadians less than American ones? FAT CHANCE!
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Sobeys
    Poirot likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

FYI: Do you know that Sobey's will give you Sobey's points on FPC's Unlike SDM?

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    FYI: Do you know that Sobey's will give you Sobey's points on FPC's Unlike SDM?
    Phff Sobeys points.. How does that work again 2 Sobeys points equals 1 aeroplan mile and then 6500 areoplan miles equals $50 gas card! so $50 divided by 6500 = .77 of a cent per areoplan mile

ooh if I buy 2 dempsters breads this week @$3.99 each i get 150 points which would be 75 aeroplan miles so .77 of a cent multiplied by 75 equals 57 cents off the exact same two loafs of bread that were $2.99 each at shoppers with 20x the points! wow I can't wait for Sobeys!

Another smashing offer from sobeys if I buy $20 of black-diamond cheese I get a whopping 100 sobeys points! = 50 aeroplan miles x .77 of a cent equals a savings of 38.5 cents off $20 Wow!!!!! I'd have to be a complete moron to collect sobeys points! Come to sobeys, buy $100 worth of cheese and get $1.92 back!
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Mon, Jul 15th, 2013 at 08:19 PM.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I don't convert any points, only use FPC's there most times and I use my points for free groceries.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sobeys is a great place to shop when they have Mega Sobey's points promotion going on. I earned A LOT of points for a little money the last time they had one.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I don't convert any points, only use FPC's there most times and I use my points for free groceries.
    Points for free groceries 2600 sobeys points = $20 off Soebys
    how much do you have to spend to get your 2600 points?
    That is the "$20" question!
    $520 worth of cheese? or 34 loaves of bread that were $1 more each than shoppers with no bonus points from shoppers actually losing you $16 after your $20 bonus...

If you got the 20x bonus points from shoppers $2.99 x 34 = 101.6 = 1010 points x 20 = 20200 bonus points + 1010 = 21210 points 22000 = $30 off + $16 you come ahead after the sobeys $20 off. So those 34 loves of bread were close to $46 cheaper than sobeys.. now you know where Mr. Sobey got his money to buy Safeway.
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Mon, Jul 15th, 2013 at 11:58 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Sobeys is a great place to shop when they have Mega Sobey's points promotion going on. I earned A LOT of points for a little money the last time they had one.
    Prove it to me! Make me a Sobeys believer! Show me why you think the Soebys point system makes it worth shopping there, plzzz. I would like to see actual numbers to substantiate your claim.

Here's your Mega Redemption Spend $100 and get $5 worth of sobeys points??? Buy 2 boxes of Royale get 100 points worth less than $1??? Safeway just gave me over $5 worth of Airmiles for the same price... Sobeys sucks... case closed.. Now you see why I rant!!!!
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Tue, Jul 16th, 2013 at 12:26 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

There's no need to take your anger out on two members of the community who were only making simple suggestions to you. Neither of those companies did this just so they could screw you over.

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Hey, the points system is better than the airmiles system here in Atlantic Canada. We don't have the points down here...

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OgresWife View Post
    Hey, the points system is better than the airmiles system here in Atlantic Canada. We don't have the points down here...
    No points at Sobey's in NS! AM's seem to take forever for me!
    Last edited by macw1960; Tue, Jul 16th, 2013 at 08:35 AM.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Prove it to me! Make me a Sobeys believer! Show me why you think the Soebys point system makes it worth shopping there, plzzz. I would like to see actual numbers to substantiate your claim.

Here's your Mega Redemption Spend $100 and get $5 worth of sobeys points??? Buy 2 boxes of Royale get 100 points worth less than $1??? Safeway just gave me over $5 worth of Airmiles for the same price... Sobeys sucks... case closed.. Now you see why I rant!!!!
    If this was my biggest worry in life then I would really be stressed out. If you don't like the store/or their redemption program don't shop there. Problem solved.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think your missing my point. The fact of this rant is that the two stores with the best bonus programs have been bought by the two with the worst programs. I was trying to show how much better the shoppers optimum and safeway airmiles programs were. I personally think food retailers is a major issue and deserved a debate. If you like something you should have some sort of evidence to substainiate the claim. Anyways whatever, Sobeys and Superstore can still suck it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Actually I stocked up on Pepsi products when they had them Buy 1 1lt pepsi product for $1 and get 100 bonus points. I think we purchased about 50 of these and ended up with 5000 sobeys bonus points plus base points. Converted that to Aeroplan points and got 2500 aeroplan points for $50 and went home with 50 litres of diet pepsi. Sounds good to me!
    Cocottee00 likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I think your missing my point. The fact of this rant is that the two stores with the best bonus programs have been bought by the two with the worst programs. I was trying to show how much better the shoppers optimum and safeway airmiles programs were. I personally think food retailers is a major issue and deserved a debate. If you like something you should have some sort of evidence to substainiate the claim. Anyways whatever, Sobeys and Superstore can still suck it!
    Maybe I am missing your point but how can you knock possible changes to the system if none have been announced yet?

There is not a Safeway near me but there are SDM's and they are expensive just like Sobey's or certain other stores unless you are just picking up the specials. I'm done with stores trying to get me to spend more when I like my money in my pocket better than theirs.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

So, you're complaining over "FREE" points you're receiving by buying groceries, that you would have had to purchase anyway in order to survive?! I'm sorry, but I don't see your point... We get AM's here in NS, and I make the most of it! On occasion we get special promotions where we can get 95 bonus AM's for buying $200 in GC's. Well, since we're buying groceries anyway, why not take advantage of this promo and get some bonus points in the meantime?! I mean, could be worse, they could not offer you anything like Walmart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information